Do you think we do this among all?

THC's profile photo   02/21/2024 11:16 a.m.

Good to all foreros.

I am aware that I am the last to arrive here and therefore my opinions, criteria and proposals should not be taken as those of other more veteran users and with more experience, but as I come from other forums (cinema, politics, computer science, radio amateur, anime, ancestral aliens, etc ...) in which the participation of the members beyond posting and above all, knowing the excellences of the software I use to monitor myto propose below.

The best way to train a pastor dog when he is still puppy is to tie him to the necklace of another older pastor dog, with experience, to follow him at all times and so learn to control the herds.

Currently, like all of you, I share my data with my header using Freestyle's application and website.This data can be shared with more than one person.

What do you think if the new ones, those who have just been diagnosed shared their data with a more experience to guide them at least during the first months?

Basically it is the same as we do: advise the new ones with our experiences and the knowledge that we have accumulated over the years, but instead of simply posting it would be like doing 2 plans a day: yours and that of the new one.

I can think of several impediments and obstacles, but I believe that the benefits that new patients would obtain would far exceed the difficulty of any problem we can face.

I don't know ... how do you see it?

THC's profile photo
THC
02/21/2024 11:16 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good morning!

In my opinion it is a fairly "ambitious" initiative, if I understand it well, it is similar to a program of mentors and mentorized, where people who have been experienced directly and on a day -to -day basis to people who have recently been diagnosed, or that they begin to use a device recently.

@Thc If what you propose is so, I think that the basis of the initiative starts from a very personal decision between the mentor and the mentorized, a daily and long -term commitment, in my case (and I speak only for me) I do not have theAvailability that the initiative requires, or at least, not enough to do so with a minimum quality with which I felt happy and that I could contribute.

To put a counterpoint, my dedication to the forum is variable, sometimes I have time and I dedicate myself intensely, but there are times when I find it hard to connect to read the novelties.

In fact, I think this is one of the strengths of the forum, which each one participates to the extent of their availability, voluntarily and without compromises, which makes it very flexible and also of value for the rest of the members of theforum.

Eye, with this I do not want to discourage anyone with the initiative!

I hope there is a sufficient group of people to carry it forward, encouragement !!!

fer's profile photo
fer
02/21/2024 12:24 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.