{'en': 'Keep learning ...', 'es': 'Seguir aprendiendo...'} Image

Keep learning ...

Lilsy's profile photo   02/21/2024 4:39 p.m.

I continue on this path of a diagnosis between insulin resistance and carbohydrate intolerance, and I say on the way because until April I have an appointment again with my diabetology.

1.- Diseases if insulin resistance rise.I checked it with a cough that I acquired.Glucose touching the 100 in fasting.Foods that did not upload me so much in the postprandium, with figures within the parameters, but touching the maximum.

2.- Do not trust the food .... I discovered that with 50 grams of carbos (taken at one time), at two hours I get out of the normal parameter.Therefore, intolerance continues.

This is a little more directed to those who live with type 2 diabetes, what have they discovered, or who have learned during this journey?

Lilsy's profile photo
Lilsy
02/21/2024 4:39 p.m.

Resistencia a la insulina/Intolerancia los carbohidratos
Vildagliptina 50 mg C/24

And your advice ... What breakfast normally?Do they put fruit, or better protein?Do they carry an accompaniment by Nutriologist?

Lilsy's profile photo
Lilsy
02/21/2024 4:41 p.m.

Vildagliptina 50 mg C/24

Well friend @lilsy, ​​I was diagnosed in his day as type 2, and as my relationship with other diabetic people began and ended with the endocrine I have always been in accordance with that diagnosis, but for more or less 1 month that I enter this in thisForum and read people I am starting to doubt whether to catalog type 2 was successful or not.
I spend my graph this morning.

Those 30 rapid units are really slow: I was wrong with the hurry when noting it.
Also the 30 units of carbohydrates are wrong: I don't know how to count the carbohydrates of food well, so I put them eye.My breakfast this morning was a piece of bread, the size of a Bollycao with a smoked cod liver.The last time I had breakfast the same was as a year ago.Normally I put some scholars inside and if I feel brave a slice of cheese.When it was time to put the insulins and breakfast the blood glucose was going down, I put only the slow one, I put the tooth to the sandwich and when I finished I put the quick.

I calculated well, because the sandwich fought with insulins in a good place in the graph.Then, in the middle of the morning I took 2 BRICS of mandarin juice, that when I am flat I climb me a gram each.
I do not know if I have really developed insulin resistance, but I will tell you that in my 35 years of evolution doctors have been rotating them because I had to gradually increase the units of all those who put me.

I am currently with Novorrapid and Insulatard and for now I am going well, but I always have to refine very well those with the times of food intake and the insulin set.If nothing happens, but when I am wrong I have to make corrections with those zumitos and with fast fast units.
I am better to control the increases with insulin than the descents with the food.Always as more in those cases and I finish with a rise of at least 2.00 grams.And not as more for gluttony or vice but because the symptoms of the hypos do not disappear despite having taken sugary liquids up to half an hour ago.I have the suspicion that this happens when as something that delays dinner digestion and even what me gets to raise blood glucose.Then, when the stomach is launched, the upload of dinner appears and everything I got later.

Greetings.

THC's profile photo
THC
02/22/2024 2:38 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Lilsy: If you worry about having insulin resistance, it is important that you avoid sedentary lifestyle, exercise and low weight in case you have "overweight."
As for food, as for the moment you do not have the diagnosis
of diabetes, you can eat everything and follow the nutritional recommendations given to the general population

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
02/23/2024 8:45 a.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

thc said:
well friend @lilsy, ​​I was diagnosed in his day as type 2, and as my relationship with other diabetic people began and ended with the endocrine I have always been satisfied with that diagnosis, but for more or less 1 month to enter this forum and read people I am beginning to doubt whether to catalog type 2 was successful or not.
I spend my graph this morning.

Those 30 rapid units are really slow: I was wrong with the hurry when noting it.
Also the 30 units of carbohydrates are wrong: I don't know how to count the carbohydrates of food well, so I put them eye.My breakfast this morning was a piece of bread, the size of a Bollycao with a smoked cod liver.The last time I had breakfast the same was as a year ago.Normally I put some scholars inside and if I feel brave a slice of cheese.When it was time to put the insulins and breakfast the blood glucose was going down, I put only the slow one, I put the tooth to the sandwich and when I finished I put the quick.

I calculated well, because the sandwich fought with insulins in a good place in the graph.Then, in the middle of the morning I took 2 BRICS of mandarin juice, that when I am flat I climb me a gram each.
I do not know if I have really developed insulin resistance, but I will tell you that in my 35 years of evolution doctors have been rotating them because I had to gradually increase the units of all those who put me.

I am currently with Novorrapid and Insulatard and for now I am going well, but I always have to refine very well those with the times of food intake and the insulin set.If nothing happens, but when I am wrong I have to make corrections with those zumitos and with fast fast units.
I am better to control the increases with insulin than the descents with the food.Always as more in those cases and I finish with a rise of at least 2.00 grams.And not as more for gluttony or vice but because the symptoms of the hypos do not disappear despite having taken sugary liquids up to half an hour ago.I have the suspicion that this happens when as something that delays dinner digestion and even what me gets to raise blood glucose.Then, when the stomach is launched, the upload of dinner appears and everything I got later.

Greetings.

A advice to avoid excessive increases after a hypo (which happened to me).I take some candies, or half can of Coca Cola (what is necessary according to the hypo) and then I still hungry and anxiety, because as you say, the symptoms take to disappear even if you have taken enough.So I take a can of Fanta Zero, which is sweet and cheated, and nuts.I am hungry and then I don't go up more than the account,

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
02/23/2024 8:55 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

ricki21 said:
@lilsy: if you worry about having insulin resistance it is important that you avoid sedentary lifestyle, exercise and low weight in case you have "overweight".
As for food, as for the moment you do not have the diagnosis
of diabetes, you can eat everything and follow the nutritional recommendations given to the general population

Hello, if we walk.Change 100 percent food performed at home, healthy, and good proportions.I lack the exercise, due to my work schedules.If I have dropped amount of carbohydrates because if I pass from a certain amount, at two hours my levels are not normal ... so there we are going.

Lilsy's profile photo
Lilsy
02/23/2024 4:26 p.m.

Vildagliptina 50 mg C/24

Hello!!I have a relative who has recently diagnosed him diabetes but still fails to control the peaks, he is with a pill.What can you recommend with the topic food and exercise?

vero_24's profile photo
vero_24
02/23/2024 4:32 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

vero_24 said:
Hello !!I have a relative who has recently diagnosed him diabetes but still fails to control the peaks, he is with a pill.What can you recommend with the topic food and exercise?

In the morning it is more difficult to control glycemia, which avoids fast carbohydrates such as bread or sweets, better an omelet or egg with some cold.
At noon there are fewer problems and at night it is usually pretty good.But it is best to control the amount of carbohydrates.The less it is ingested, the better the blood glucose will have, although being DT2 your body secretes insulin (but not sufficient);You have to try food and see how it is at 2 hours, the normal thing after two hours is to be between 80-110, although non-diabetics go to 60 without problems.
Fats and proteins also become carbohydrates so it should not be abused, fat by 40% and protein 30%;But each body is a world.
If you do not have a glucometer to buy one and if you can afford a continuous meter, idem, they are not expensive.There are several brands.

Exercise, at first walking 1 hour is what they say, then each one is already with their desire and what your body allows you.Growing the muscle consumes glucose, so it is good to do strength exercises (weights), and aerobic exercise lowers glucose too, yours is 3 days strength and 4 aerobic or aerobic every day if you decide just walking only to a good step.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/23/2024 4:40 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.