{'en': 'Roscón de Reyes', 'es': 'Roscón de  Reyes'} Image

Roscón de Reyes

meginer's profile photo   01/05/2024 10:40 a.m.

Has anyone ever bought a roscón without sugar and with an acceptable amount of HC in usual food chains?

I think I read one in El Corte Inglés q had 30 HC per 100.

How are your opinion?

Or have you ever done one?

meginer's profile photo
meginer
01/05/2024 10:40 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I eat them normal, with an extra fast.Things without sugar are usually a scam.
They don't throw sugar, but fructose, manitol, sorbitol ...

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
01/05/2024 1:51 p.m.

juansolo said:
I as normal, with an extra fast.Things without sugar are usually a scam.
They do not throw sugar, but if fructose, manitol, sorbitol ...

In this I have seen that the ingredients are acceptable, it does not carry sorbitol and has 30 HC per 100 CDO are usually 70.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
01/05/2024 1:56 p.m.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
01/05/2024 2 p.m.

meginer said:
juasolo said:
I as normal, with an extra fast.Things without sugar are usually a scam.
They do not throw sugar, but if fructose, manitol, sorbitol ...

In this I have seen that the ingredients are acceptable, it does not carry sorbitol and has 30 HC per 100 cdo are usually 70.

The E420 is Sorbitol ...
Anyway, something has to carry.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
01/05/2024 2:34 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I the Roscón de Reyes (even if it is a little piece per year) I do not forgive it, hahaha I usually buy the normal with cream of Mercadona.A normal piece, with an extra fast unit as you have already told you, does not usually involve major problem, especially if it is not at night.To me it is that at night any flour already raises the sugar a lot and tends to keep it more time while sleeping.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
01/05/2024 2:46 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

carussa said:
I the roscón de reyes (even a little piece per year) I do not forgive it, hahaha I usually buy the normal with cream of Mercadona.A normal piece, with an extra fast unit as you have already told you, does not usually involve major problem, especially if it is not at night.To me is that at night any flour is already uploading the sugar and tends to keep it more time while sleeping.

Uff, who goes!, My problem is that a normal one would be 3 or more at least and then it does not go to the one of 3 until they spend more d e 4 h.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
01/05/2024 3:27 p.m.

I just eat a piece of the bakery from under home.

Ojimeter will be between 4 and 6 rations of HC.I ate it 2 hours ago, now I had to correct myself a bit.

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
01/05/2024 4:11 p.m.

Db1 desde Diciembre 2007.
Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

I do not go much.I prefer the Panettone

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/05/2024 7:22 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Well, a good piece does not take away from me and if you have to correct it, it is corrected

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
01/05/2024 9:19 p.m.

Look, this is one of the things for which I don't peno ...

cgs's profile photo
cgs
01/05/2024 9:24 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

Josemibi said:
I just eat a piece of bakery from under house.

Ojimeter will be between 4 and 6 rations of HC.I ate it 2 hours ago, now I had to correct myself a bit.

That brioche looks spongy.The truth is that I would never recommend anyone to eat a roscón bought on a large surface, they are usually drier than axila of mummy.His is always a bakery as @josemibi has done, each to his.

From a time to here some Pijas pastries have risen to the parra with the roscón and charge it at the price of jabugo ham.The truth is that I run away from these scammers who want to make August based on insufflating the roscón some ounces of hazelnut praliné or putting the invention of Nouvelle fashionable cuisine such as the gold role or other stupidities.
Making a good brioche is not so expensive, frosty fruits and a good cream are not worth 40 or 45 euros that charge for a large roscón or some above 50. The pastry shop that used to visit the sells of a medium size by about 18euros, somewhat more reasonable price.

For my part I have never been a fan of this gastronomic invention, as an alternative I have always thrown from the normal brioche recently made in half and filled with cream, the fruit is already as a natural dessert.With a good cup of hot cocoa that brioche is Blessed glory ... and I am not a believer.

With respect to sugar -free roscons I cannot comment but they don't inspire me too much, according to the sweetener you carry, they alter the flavor.Better to pay tribute in moderation, total is once a year, than to walk with hot cloths.And this also applies to the entire Light Products, low in such and who sell for the unsuspecting like us.The less processed the product much better ... and cheaper.

Crash's profile photo
Crash
01/05/2024 9:30 p.m.

DM2 diagnosticada 10/11/23, hipotiroidismo, obesidad y algunas otras tonterías :# Actualmente tomando 2 comprimidos de Metformina 850 mg. Eutirox 75. Simvastatina 20 mg. Obesidad tipo II.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.