{'en': 'Lantus', 'es': 'Lantus'} Image

Lantus

alexmelilla's profile photo   03/16/2024 4:16 a.m.

Good night, I have a problem with the Lantus.
To start I have to say that I am very afraid of the insulin issue.
I usually put it in my arms because it helps me to lower the glucose, although between 4/7h it lowers me around 50/55 mg/
If I put it on the thigh it stays flat and at 12 noon it goes down.
I wear 16 units, what should I do?Has anyone happened to someone?

alexmelilla's profile photo
alexmelilla
03/16/2024 4:16 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The adsorption in the leg is slower than in the arms.
In theory if you do not have a bit of gut, the adsorption speed goes in this order.Batter, arms and legs, in this order.
Insulin lowers, you can't arrive in 50, it's dangerous.
You can play to delay the injection time, I put it after dinner at 10:30, to try to make its effect 24 hours and I arrived at dinner.
If you see that you fail to adjust it, talk to your doctor to change Toujeo, it is exactly the same insulin but when it comes more concentrated it arrives better at 24 hours ... in theory.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
03/16/2024 12:10 p.m.

I told me that for the slow the best site is the culete and there I put it on and I do well.
See different sites and decide.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
03/16/2024 7:23 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Lantus makes a peak at 3 hours very pronounced and does not last 24 hours, about 18 or so.
I put it on every 12 hours until I changed to Toujeo, which lasts 24h and a little more.
In the buttocks it is where the slow one goes, and if not in legs but there it hurts a lot and in the buttock does not hurt.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/16/2024 8:17 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you very much for the comments.
What I have seen that in my arms the descent is pronounced in 3h.And in the thigh the descent makes it at 12 no.But I don't know whether everything that has not come down during those 12h, is my fear,

alexmelilla
03/16/2024 9:16 p.m.

The theory is that the slow one puts into places of slow effect (the slowest are buttocks, then legs, then arms and the fastest is the belly).

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
03/16/2024 10:04 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Try to put it in the morning and in the buttock.You foresee the descent with breakfast and secure the night without hypos.Adjust to cover you 24h, although it is difficult to get it with only one dose.
Anyway, if you prescribe toujeo, you will see that it is much flatter and that it covers well 24 h.Of course, with toujeo, the hydrates must be controlled a lot.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/17/2024 1:45 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Good afternoon, Regina.
I have gone to the endocrine today and I have changed the Lantus for Toujeo and the novorapid has taken it away.
Fiasp has sent me in case it is above 200 before the food,
I have a lot of doubt, with only the toujeo 20 you will only serve to eat a plate of legumes and do not have peaks that sometimes came with the novorapid
Where do you put the toujeo?The doctor told me in abdomen
Greetings

alexmelilla
03/18/2024 6:56 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.