{'en': 'Postprandial glycemia', 'es': 'Glucosas postpandriales'} Image

Postprandial glycemia

Lilsy's profile photo   01/11/2024 5:17 p.m.

Hi how are things!

I am here again, continuing with the sensor and performing some "experiments."

The truth is that, honestly, I thought and believed that I knew about diabetes and glucose, but I have realized that I still have enough to learn.

For example, today I woke up with an 82 mg/dl glucose.

I have breakfast 1 1/2 cup of almond milk, 3 tablespoons of oatmeal, 1 tablespoon of organic peanut cream and 1 red apple.

My question is, how normal is it that when eating my glucose is at 131 mg/dl?

As an additional note, use Galvus 50 mg in the morning.I do not have a diagnosis of diabetes, only insulin resistance.

Lilsy's profile photo
Lilsy
01/11/2024 5:17 p.m.

Resistencia a la insulina/Intolerancia los carbohidratos
Vildagliptina 50 mg C/24

There is nothing strange in that.Glucose varies greatly throughout the day.
It would be good if you made a full profile.Measure the glucose before and two hours after breakfast, lunch and dinner.
That is the best way to see if you have good control or you have to modify something.
But you can be calm that you are with very good figures.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
01/11/2024 6:44 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The fruit rises a lot.And more in the morning.But also fall fast ...
But well, you have to see several full days to know well how you are going.Glucose influence so many things ...
How do you not put insulin the remedy to download when you are high is to take a walk.You will see how to walk.
And 131 is not high, it is only high if you now have to eat in case the climb is accumulated.What can also happen that it is going down and by the time you begin to raise the food you have already lowered.How was it after eating?(Starting from 131)

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
01/11/2024 8:34 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:
the fruit rises a lot.And more in the morning.But also fall fast ...
But well, you have to see several full days to know well how you are going.Glucose influence so many things ...
How do you not put insulin the remedy to download when you are high is to take a walk.You will see how to walk.
And 131 is not high, it is only high if you now have to eat in case the climb is accumulated.What can also happen that it is going down and by the time you begin to raise the food you have already lowered.How was it after eating?(Starting from 131)

Hello !At two hours, in 109mg/dl and at three hours 96mg/dl.

Lilsy's profile photo
Lilsy
01/11/2024 9:02 p.m.

Vildagliptina 50 mg C/24

lilsy said:
Isabelbota said:
the fruit rises a lot.And more in the morning.But also fall fast ...

Hello !At two hours, in 109mg/dl and at three o'clock 96mg/dl.

Well, don't worry.

isabelbota
01/11/2024 10:26 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I have a question ... insulin resistance is not considered diabetes?
I had never read anyone because it is not diabetic, that it only has "insulin resistance", both are the same after all?
Maybe you mean your type 2 diabetes?
I ask why I have no idea

Madrileña91's profile photo
Madrileña91
01/13/2024 3:47 a.m.

Diabetes Mody desde 2021, última HG 5,4

@"Madrid 91", there are diabetes as soon as you pass from a concrete glycosilada .. I don't know if it is 5.5 or 6 .. but, like so many things, you can be at the limit and not be yet..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/13/2024 4:52 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Madrid91 said:
me a doubt ... insulin resistance is not considered diabetes?
I had never read anyone because it is not diabetic, that it only has "insulin resistance", both are the same after all?
I ask why I have no idea

It is true that insulin resistance is type 2 diabetes, it is the same.

isabelbota
01/13/2024 7:42 a.m.

Madrid91 said:
me a doubt ... insulin resistance is not considered diabetes?
I ask why I have no idea

Hello !!Medically if there is insulin resistance.I tell you briefly my case ... My glucose are technically well in fasting and the glucosilada in 5.5 in December, they have never risen from those ranges, but by hereditary situation and an apparent polyquisical ovary syndrome, I have to take care of myself.If I do not do healthy food, that will become diabetes.

You can find it as carbohydrate intolerance

Lilsy's profile photo
Lilsy
01/13/2024 4:21 p.m.

Vildagliptina 50 mg C/24

regina said:
@"Madrid91", there are diabetes as soon as you pass from a specific glycosilada .. I do not know if it is 5.5 or 6 .. but, like so many things, you can be in thelimit and not be..

A glyce in 6.5 can already be diagnosed with diabetes.

Lilsy's profile photo
Lilsy
01/13/2024 4:24 p.m.

Vildagliptina 50 mg C/24

As a curiosity I tell you: my wife tells me the other day the case of a acquaintance of his who went to the doctor with a 6.2 glyc and tells him his doctor who is calm, that this is not diabetes.

Also with high cholesterol and triglycerides.Also thirst, urine a lot.You know, the relevant symptoms.

He called me on the phone to ask for opinion as a diabetic.I told him to look for a second opinion, but that he looks like it and does not leave him.

My wife tells me that she saw her the next day having her good 3 coffees with condensed milk and two sugar envelopes, that as her doctor had told her that she had nothing ...

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
01/15/2024 9:40 a.m.

Sandman said:
As a curiosity I tell you: my wife tells me the other day the case of his acquaintance who went to the doctor with a 6.2 glycThat is not diabetes.

Also with high cholesterol and triglycerides.Also thirst, urine a lot.You know, the relevant symptoms.

He called me on the phone to ask for opinion as a diabetic.I told him to look for a second opinion, but that he looks like it and does not leave him.

My wife tells me that she saw her the next day having her good 3 coffees with condensed milk and two sugar envelopes, that as her doctor had told her that she had nothing ...

>

Well nothing, keep, the next gyted in 8.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
01/17/2024 11:50 a.m.

meginer said:
sandman said:
as curiosity I tell you: my wife tells me the other day the case of a acquaintance of his who went to the doctor with a6.2 glyc and tells you your doctor who is calm, that is not diabetes.

>

Well nothing, keep, the next gly in 8.

What I don't understand either is how your doctor with glycar in 6.2 and high cholesterol values ​​tells you not to worry, that it is nothing, that this is not diabetes.

It is clear that between paying attention to your doctor or me, you will believe the doctor.I would do it too.

Yes, this person has all the ballots to become part of our sweet people club.

What I hope is that no scare is carried in the form of ketoacidosis and manages to regulate before.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
01/17/2024 1:32 p.m.

sandman said:
meginer said:
sandman said:
sandman said:
as curiosity I tell you: my wife tells me the otherday the case of a acquaintance of his who went to the doctor with a 6.2 glyc and says his doctor who is calm, that this is not diabetes.

>

What I don't understand either is how your doctor with glycar in 6.2 and high cholesterol values ​​tells you not to worry, that it is nothing, that this is not diabetes.

It is clear that between paying attention to your doctor or me, you will believe the doctor.I would do it too.

Yes, this person has all the ballots to become part of our sweet people club.

What I hope is that no scare is carried in the form of ketoacidosis and manages to regulate before.

I do not understand it either, from 6 it is diabetes, sometimes in consultation, if I see a glyd of 6 for the first time in a non -diabetic priori, you give guidelines and repeats after three months.
But in most cases it is confirmed.
And in this case it is also 6.2.Surely it will have a metabolic syndrome, with obesity, with high glycemia, cholesterol and high triglycerides, high uric ac and somewhat high transaminases.
All closely related to a DB type 2

meginer's profile photo
meginer
01/17/2024 9:02 p.m.

I don't understand doctors.I with a 7'3 glycosylated told me that I did not consider it diabetes

Joan111's profile photo
Joan111
04/19/2024 4:04 p.m.

Well, from 6 it is diabetes, I do not understand that with 7.3 they tell you that, because that value kept over time is very likely to give problems.

isabelbota
04/19/2024 10:44 p.m.

Change doctor

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
04/20/2024 8:16 a.m.

Joan111 said:
I don't understand doctors.I with a 7'3 glycosilad

That Medici is ignorant ... and dangerous, changes doctor

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
04/20/2024 9:20 a.m.

Isabelbota said:
because from 6 it is diabetes, I do not understand that with 7.3 they tell you that, because that value kept in time is very likely to give problems.

Me neither.I lowered it from 10 and the glucose came out to 125

Joan111's profile photo
Joan111
04/28/2024 10:35 p.m.

meginer said:
sandman said:
as curiosity I tell you: my wife tells me the other day the case of a acquaintance of his who went to the doctor with a6.2 glyc and tells you your doctor who is calm, that is not diabetes.

>

What barbarity

Joan111's profile photo
Joan111
04/28/2024 10:36 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.