{'en': 'Covid and flu caught and insulin gap.', 'es': 'Pilló COVID y Gripe y desfase de insulina.'} Image

Covid and flu caught and insulin gap.

_Tacker_'s profile photo   01/28/2024 8:51 p.m.

The same is a weirdo and in danger of extinction but since I caught the covid and the flu at the same time, the insulin was as if I click water, for a meal that I usually repeat in a week I punctured me ten units and perfect.Now I get almost double or get on 270 or more, something that had never happened to me ... when it is something new I miss the calculator

The fact is that the hyperglycemia have thrown me down a control that had more than 90 in rank and now it is more or less, I usually vary the food and had already taken the doses for what dish, now I have taken since I saidPositive in Covid and flu, having to put bowling every day ......

Now after more than a month I am going down to the values ​​similar to those before, but click about forty novorapid units, twelve before eating and bowling varies hours later, until it reached almost forty units, why it did not fall from 270or 345, when before eating I was in 115 ..... It was for pissing and not dropping, as I have already commented, it had not happened to me before, why if it happened to me in the dose of Rapid, hypo to the song, but you arehypoglycemia that do not go down or shooting ....... never

Endocrine tells me that it is temporary, but no matter how much I read on the Internet I can't find similar cases ......

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
01/28/2024 8:51 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Of course, it is usual, with any infection, whatever the insulin resistance increases bestially, so it seems that it was water.If you have taken two, covid and flu, then multiply.That is why infections are so annoying for us, not because of the infection itself, which is often banal, but because we decompensated everything.
And if you are a woman, it happens the same with hormones, it is a rise and low.With more and more time infections.
It seems that you are improving and that is impote, it will take but you will be as before.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
01/28/2024 9:26 p.m.

That is why it is good to get vaccinated.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/28/2024 10:23 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
that's why it's good to vaccinate.

The best thing is that I am vaccinated,

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
01/28/2024 11:05 p.m.

_ tacker _ said:
regina said:
so it is good to get vaccinated.

The best thing is that I am vaccinated,

Have you vaccinated this year of flu and covid and have you taken both?

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
01/28/2024 11:08 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I guess you have been with the infection for some time, the glucose rise is normal.Try to handle it the best you can ...
What I miss is that it lasts so long, you don't say how much.The Covid is very damn and can last a lot, even if you no longer have symptoms.
Anyway, see your doctor.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
01/28/2024 11:09 p.m.

It is rare that you have given you so strong with the vaccine, maybe they were defective ..
I hope you are better.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/29/2024 11:05 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@_Tacker_ If you are looking for someone who has happened to him.It's me.
The week before Christmas, flu A;New Year's Eve, Covid.
Vaccinated in November of the two things.
It is true that neither of the two infections was aggressive in terms of symptoms ... I realized why any things I'm already investigating ... but glucose?The glucose fired especially at night ...
Little by little I have been regulating ... and well, but my 2-3 weeks I have had them ... with my consequent increase in gyrose.
Cheer up!

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
01/29/2024 11:41 a.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

Courage, @_tacker_.You will recover your previous values.The bad thing about getting out of control of an infection is that you do not dare to upload the dose of insulin in case it has happened to me.It is quite desperate, I understand your stupor.
Think that it is a bump, that you cannot act otherwise.The important thing is to continue working on it and when it passes, return to your usual figures.You have had very bad luck of getting covid and flu at the time, your immune system must be doing overtime.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
01/29/2024 2:33 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

It sounds very scary, I hope you are already well.

AdamAdam's profile photo
AdamAdam
01/29/2024 6:21 p.m.

Because unfortunately it is normal.
As an infection with you ... insulin does not work.
I do not take flu, just colds, I can't tell you.In summer I took two stomach viruses and often insulin, and if he joins the rise of progesterone or tell you.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/29/2024 8:35 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thanks for the comments, I thought it was a rare case.
At least it passes, and catch the two practitioners at the same time, Covid and influenza has been about two months after vaccinating myself.
Last year I also emptied and caught the worst flu of my life.

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
01/29/2024 11:31 p.m.

Vaccines are already known, prevent, but viruses mutate and become resistant.If the mutate pits, you suffer, they say that with less effects, and if you get the vaccine, you don't find out.
Our body is also weaker with diabetes, I notice it in the duration of any ailment.Before in a pair of day it passed, now I'm a week.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/30/2024 6:22 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thanks for sharing.Just these days we are like this.My son had a time run in a very good range, with 100%days, and has been to take a slight flu and flatter, everything to the fret.

It is exactly that, that insulin looks like water.Maddening.Yesterday with the pizza he went to 300, having punctured more (and being the same pizza of always, ultra -measure and everything), although later we saw that having taken paracetamol the equal value was altered (no one had told us about the paracetamol,We are some pardos).

Today already better but often scare.You don't know how much to click, you are afraid of hypo, hyper, virus and everything

madreDMT1's profile photo
madreDMT1
02/03/2024 7:33 p.m.

Madre de adolescente DM1 (nacido en 2008), con DM1 desde 17/11/2023
Abasaglar 19
80-150 Raciones HC/día, dependiendo mucho de los planes y del deporte.
Sensor FreeStyle Libre 3
Madrid

I am finishing with my last cold and finally I have returned to normal glutemia.I have been three days with continuous upward and corrections every two by three.
Normally 1 fast unit I get the blood glucose;Well, these days I lowered 20 or 30.
I have the Free alarm in 170 and I have been correcting with 1 or 1.5 fast, no more in case you literate it.Three days of bad control, what is it going to do.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
02/05/2024 9:55 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.