{'en': 'At work they prohibit me from using the mobile to use it with the sensor.', 'es': 'En el trabajo me prohíben hacer uso del móvil para usarlo con el sensor.'} Image

At work they prohibit me from using the mobile to use it with the sensor.

Narciso's profile photo   03/16/2024 2:50 p.m.

Good afternoon.Last Monday they gathered us to communicate that we cannot use the mobile phone at work and that we leave it at the box office before entering.

Given that I told my coordinator that as a patient of type 1 diabetes mellitus, I have prescribed by my endocrine doctor a glucose monitoring system that works 24 hours a day and that for this cause, I must always carry my mobile.As well as the need to look at the mobile screen, as long as a glucose alert sounds.

My coordinator's response is that he has consulted with human resources and they have told him that I have to leave the mobile at the box office despite all the above that the use of mobile I have only and exclusively during the work hours, for health reasons.

What do you think?What would be your proceeding to this employment situation?

Narciso's profile photo
Narciso
03/16/2024 2:50 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Denuncial it

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/16/2024 3:02 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Complaint in Occupational Risks

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
03/16/2024 3:37 p.m.

Buy another mobile phone to leave one at the box office and put on a pocket you use to measure, leave it in vibrator.
Apart from the complaint, it may take to resolve.
You can also ask in Abbot if they have meters that are not the mobile, like the first ones that were used with free 1.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/16/2024 6:09 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Yes, man, just missing another mobile ...
Denounces who need, what scoundrels ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
03/16/2024 7:19 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

On Monday I have a meeting with the company's medical service.If you do not attend to reasons, I will tell you that I am going to continue using the ABBOT app with my mobile phone to monitor my blood glycemia control.If someone from the company recriminates me that action, to make me an act for "giving myself to distractions for making use of mobile at work" as they are typified in our collective agreement as a serious offense.

And I already tell you that I do not plan to sign that act (at most, I will write in it the word "not conforming").Then I will go in search of a lawyer to challenge her in the court and that it is the judge who decides who is right, if the company or me.

As a personal note I will tell you that it seems incredible that my job being the "trilateral machine operator" and in a warehouse where more than 100 people attend, where any fainting or health problem related to my diabetes can cause a very accidentSeriously with possible mortal victims, the company's address puts in something as basic as an operator with type 1 diabetes, carries a glucose monitoring device during your workday.

Narciso's profile photo
Narciso
03/16/2024 7:28 p.m.

narcissus said:
on Monday I have a meeting with the company's medical service.If you do not attend to reasons, I will tell you that I am going to continue using the ABBOT app with my mobile phone to monitor my blood glycemia control.If someone from the company recriminates me that action, to make me an act for "giving myself to distractions for making use of mobile at work" as they are typified in our collective agreement as a serious offense.

And I already tell you that I do not plan to sign that act (at most, I will write in it the word "not conforming").Then I will go in search of a lawyer to challenge her in the court and that it is the judge who decides who is right, if the company or me.

As a personal note I will tell you that it seems incredible that my job being the "trilateral machine operator" and in a warehouse where more than 100 people attend, where any fainting or health problem related to my diabetes can cause a very accidentSeriously with possible mortal victims, the company's address puts in something as basic as an operator with type 1 diabetes, carries a glucose monitoring device during your workday.

Yes, the truth is quite incredible.It is something very serious.
The only thing that occurs to me is that as there is a lot of ignorance of diabetes, they are not aware of the importance of being able to control it.
The medical service must understand the subject, I hope you do well and solve.You tell us.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
03/16/2024 7:34 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Talk to your company's preventive resource.Your job has associated risks and you as DT1 have typified limitations.
For example, I cannot climb to the catenary or do work at the road height, the preventive resource has it that way.Even if I wanted, they don't leave me.

I use the Free reader to read my glucose, not just the mobile or clock.
In the SS they give it to you if you ask for it, it is more I told my endo that I was failing and he told me that they had several, that if he spoils, they give me one.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/16/2024 8:07 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

And the free reader reads the sensor every minute?

Narciso's profile photo
Narciso
03/16/2024 8:40 p.m.

I don't know, I have an old reader who had to update the software when the free 2 came out.
I think I read a user that if you read Bluetooth.
Abbott stopped marketing them but he distributes them to the endocrine.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/16/2024 8:48 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Take a medical report to your superiors, and the same report to your Occupational Health Department ... They cannot take your mobile ... whenever you are aware of your limitations such as DT1 and that they cannot prove that you use the mobile for others "things".

Javierladez's profile photo
Javierladez
03/16/2024 8:50 p.m.

Nor is it necessary to buy a mobile, just have an old one to leave at the box office, if they do not understand anything and while fixing the subject.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/16/2024 8:53 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Ok, thanks for the.info.I will not complicate the issue of readers/mobiles anyway for having such incompetent bosses on this issue.

If they understand that monitoring/monitoring my glucose levels is to surrender to games and distractions with the mobile, they have a quite delayed diabetes understanding problem.

Narciso's profile photo
Narciso
03/16/2024 8:55 p.m.

I hallucinate.Nor that carrying the mobile was a whim in your case.
@Narciso lucky with everything.You will tell us.
In my work I am lucky that they are understanding in terms of breakfast schedules, stops to take something between hours, etc ...
I don't want to imagine how they constantly watch you while you are checking if the glucose is as it should.
It is also true that glucose soles look at the clock.The mobile only lasted when an alarm sounds or vibrates when I have fast climbing or declines.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
03/17/2024 10:33 a.m.

narcissus said:
and the reader free read every minute the sensor?

Good @narciso

I use the Free 2 reader instead of the mobile, and does not make the measurements every minute as the app, if you want to know your level you have to scan for NFC, but if in case of hyper or hiccups you warn you via Bluetooth with an alarmSound or vibration.

BaradDurr's profile photo
BaradDurr
03/17/2024 11:54 a.m.

DM2 mal diagnosticada en 2017, realmente LADA diagnosticada en Enero de 2023.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Yes, but when doing that, the alarms will stop sounding on the mobile, therefore I have always carried the free reader on top of listening to the alarms and I refuse to load everywhere with so many pots on top.

Narciso's profile photo
Narciso
03/17/2024 1:02 p.m.

narcissus said:
good afternoon.Last Monday they gathered us to communicate that we cannot use the mobile phone at work and that we leave it at the box office before entering.

Given that I told my coordinator that as a patient of type 1 diabetes mellitus, I have prescribed by my endocrine doctor a glucose monitoring system that works 24 hours a day and that for this cause, I must always carry my mobile.As well as the need to look at the mobile screen, as long as a glucose alert sounds.

My coordinator's response is that he has consulted with human resources and they have told him that I have to leave the mobile at the box office despite all the above that the use of mobile I have only and exclusively during the work hours, for health reasons.

What do you think?What would be your proceeding to this employment situation?

I tell you my case ... I did a job interview for a while for an elderly residence as a socio -health and commented that it was diabetic needing the mobile during the work to see the readings ... he told me that mobile phones was strictly forbiddenThe issue of distraction and graphic documentation of the patients but that in my case was allowed alone and when used only to consult readings ... Well, perfect no problem that when I started working I was informing my partners of my case andthat for that reason he needed the mobile on top and nobody complained and understood.

Alejandromonsi's profile photo
Alejandromonsi
03/17/2024 1:17 p.m.

Perfect.I hope that in my company they make the same determination.

Narciso's profile photo
Narciso
03/17/2024 1:34 p.m.

You can buy an intelligent watch and through an application you can see your glycemia at minute. That's always you carry your mobile or is less than 6 meters away approx.

Rafaga's profile photo
Rafaga
03/18/2024 2:38 p.m.

JUSTIFICATING OF THE ANDALLUZ HEALTH SERVICE THAT HAVE SIGNED AND SEALED ME.He ends up saying:

Action plan:

It is necessary that you have the mobile device for continuous glucose measurement.

It requires scanning every 8 hours.

The readings are every minute, visible when you consult the application of LibreLink on the mobile.

Low or high glucose alarms only sound on the mobile and if it is removed more than 6 meters from the mobile, it loses the signal.

For patient safety requires having the mobile for the adjustment of your treatment and alerting on your health status.

End of the thread.Go out orderly;)

Narciso's profile photo
Narciso
03/18/2024 3:48 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.