{'en': 'Analysis with low IGA by diabetes?', 'es': '¿Análisis con IgA bajo por diabetes?'} Image

Analysis with low IGA by diabetes?

iua31's profile photo   03/19/2024 2:03 p.m.

Hello good!

Recently they have done some analysis and they have told me that I have the low IGA, in immunology they have told me that it must be derived from diabetes, it is not worrying but you have to monitor annually.

Has anyone else happened?

I share here what I have found about the IGA:

The selective IgA deficiency is a condition of the immune system through which you do not have or lack sufficient immunoglobulin A (IgA), a protein that fights infections (antibody).Most people with selective immunoglobulin deficiency to IGA have no recurrent infections.However, some people who have IgA immunoglobulin deficiency suffer from pneumonia, ear infections, sinuses, allergies, asthma and diarrhea infections.

Autoimmune diseases, in which the immune system attacks certain organs or tissues of the body itself, can occur with a selective deficiency of IgA immunoglobulin.Among the common autoimmune conditions that occur with an Iga immunoglobulin deficiency are rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, celiac disease or inflammatory intestinal disease.

Thank you!!

iua31's profile photo
iua31
03/19/2024 2:03 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.