{'en': 'Insulins expiration', 'es': 'Caducidad insulinas'} Image

Insulins expiration

meginer's profile photo   02/04/2024 11:29 a.m.

Good morning.
I just saw that my humalog junior quick ball is expired since January 2024 ...
It had never happened to me.I really do not look at it because I suppose the expiration is long (although I also put few units), and also my blood glucose is usually stable more or less, but today I did not lower me to the one of 3 and I attributed it to which last night I had some reboated thatAnother, that I don't usually and by chance I saw the date in the ball and missed me, surely gave me an expiration too close and I did not usually look at it.
Surely nothing happens and it is like food, they usually last more but it has caught my attention.
Has it ever happened to you? I affection for the glycemia level?

meginer's profile photo
meginer
02/04/2024 11:29 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The expiration of the box does not, but since I have a lot, I have used a ball up to 35 days and I have not had problems.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
02/04/2024 2:57 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Nothing happens, it brings very wide security margins.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
02/05/2024 8:24 a.m.

@meginer I think that is bad praxis of the pharmacy.I have looked at my quick bowl and its expiration is January 2026, where did yours get?
As for your question, it has not happened to me.I have ever changed a boli attributing that glycemia or shots did not get off and no, it was not for that.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
02/05/2024 9:43 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

I have used three years expired and I have not noticed a difference and that with the analogs and basal I was more afraid.

ref666's profile photo
ref666
02/05/2024 9:58 a.m.

salad said:
@meginer I consider that this is bad praxis of the pharmacy.I have looked at my quick bowl and its expiration is January 2026, where did yours get?
As for your question, it has not happened to me.I have ever changed a boli attributing that glycemia or shots did not get off and no, it was not for that.
>

It is clear, it doesn't usually look at it but come on, the box does not have three months.By chance I look at another box that I have without brand new (the previous pen was the last), and expires at the end of 2025 so they gave me a very close expiration.For a person who gets very fast, yet, but I don't put more than 8 or 9 units.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
02/05/2024 4:57 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.