{'en': 'Running + glucose gel', 'es': 'Running + Gel Glucosa'} Image

Running + glucose gel

Mariano23's profile photo   03/21/2024 2:14 a.m.

Hello,
My name is Mariano, 47 years old and I have diabetes since the age of 2.
Thanks to I do sports from a very young age, I am very controlled and stable.
Some time ago I decided to start running, I run 10k normally, but I have to consume sugar every 30 min because I do not fall into serious hypoglycemia and it does not allow me to increase the distance.
They could please recommend me, if you know, some glucose gel to consume during training or some product they know to keep glucose stable, I have been looking for a while and I can't find something that really works for me.
Thank you so much
Greetings

Mariano23's profile photo
Mariano23
03/21/2024 2:14 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

What I use for the bicycle and is the most effective and cheap that I know is, sugar (from the bar) to trace fast and banana to maintain, all the gels what they carry is sugar and other uncommon products such as flavorings, gelifying, acidulating, etc ... and they are expensive

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
03/21/2024 12:39 p.m.

Maybe you should adjust the basal dose the training days.In addition, do not run with active insulin.
Hiking also consumes a lot of glucose and for me, the most pleasant to overcome or prevent a hypo is a bruck of fruit juice.My favorite is apple.I breakfast 2.5 HC, I put only one fast unit when my breakfast ratio is 2 to 1 and I immediately leave the route.That allows me to walk two and a half hours without peaks or dances.And the previous night under the basal 2 units.
I have reached that pattern by the test and error method.That it is good for me does not guarantee that it works for you, my idea is to transmit that, apart from the type of sugar supplement that requires your activity, you have other variables that you can modify to keep the blood glucose stable doing sports.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
03/21/2024 11:12 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Hello, I bicycle 3/4 days a week and I run one day a week, by bike I always carry a banana, nutWhat a descent is the most quickly, it also lasts as 30min, okay, read the components, and the one that best feels to you, I already tried many brands, I only take them to take in case of necessity, (downturn orAlmost) and to run, for me it is very easy, it is little time of activity, easy to control, before leaving I take a banana, or a banana and nuts, the climb that gives me, in addition to being very good forThe exercise, gives me enough to run 40min/1h, when I get home, at the time it starts to go down again, and there I take an orange, yogurt..products that I cannot take without insulin and that they areGood to recover and I feel good, in vitamins plan, your test what is best for you, this is to try, each ... is different, I hope I have helped you, greetings

pamagic's profile photo
pamagic
03/21/2024 11:30 p.m.

Thank you very much for the Pamagic data!
You could tell me the gel brand that you use please, if it serves you, I will try with the same brand.
Thank you very much diabetic for your answer, now I had been using common sugar in envelopes but I don't have a quick response and I wanted to avoid using it.
Thank you very much salad, I have come down the basal because I enter Gym 4 days and I am running three, but it is a good fact to download 2 Unid on running day, I will try it.
Thank you very much for the info

Mariano23
03/22/2024 2:20 a.m.

Mariano23 said:
Thank you very much for the Pamagic data!
You could tell me the gel brand that you use please, if it serves you, I will try with the same brand.
Thank you very much diabetic for your answer, now I had been using common sugar in envelopes but I don't have a quick response and I wanted to avoid using it.
Thank you very much salad, I have come down the basal because I enter Gym 4 days and I am running three, but it is a good fact to download 2 Unid on running day, I will try it.
Thank you very much for the info

Hi Mariano,
I make mountain races and asphalt, cycling, swimming ... and as you say for long distances it is complicated to manage to stay within safe margins.
Currently use 3 products:
- To maintain the contribution more or less stable and without peaks, I am using a kind of cream that each is 10g of hydrates of different types so as not to peak and have a longer contribution:
Smart fuel of 226ers t.ly/0pvmf
- If the thing has complicated too much and you have to go back a little, then I use an energy gel with caffeine that usually recovers quite fast, alternate between one of isostar and another of 226ers
energy gel of 226ers t.ly/njgr0
Energy gel endurance bcaa t.ly/nu5qn
- And to maintain during the exercise especially if it is not going to be a very long effort, I also use gombolas of isostar
High Energy Boost gomolas t.ly/6kwaa

Of all this the great discovery was the first since the effect is quite durable without making beasts.
I hope it helps you.

infodescarga's profile photo
infodescarga
03/22/2024 11:07 a.m.

-
DM Lada desde 2016 | FreeStyle Libre 2 | Toujeo + Humalog

@Mariano23: I recommend that you take a look at the publications that Serafín Murillo has on Instagram on sport and diabetes.
It has clarified many things to prevent hypos during and after exercise
Link

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
03/22/2024 11:18 a.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

Hi Mariano,
I make mountain races and asphalt, cycling, swimming ... and as you say for long distances it is complicated to manage to stay within safe margins.
Currently use 3 products:
- To maintain the contribution more or less stable and without peaks, I am using a kind of cream that each is 10g of hydrates of different types so as not to peak and have a longer contribution:
SMART FORE OF 226ERS T.LY/0PVMF
- If the thing has complicated too much and you have to go back a little, then use an energy gel with caffeine that usually recovers quite fast, alternate between one of isostar and another of 226ers
Gel of 226ers t.ly/njgr0
Energy gel endurance bcaa t.ly/nu5qn
- And to maintain during the exercise, especially if it is not going to be a very long effort, I also use isostar jelly.
HIGH ENERGY BOOST T.LY/6KWAA GOMBOLAS

Of all this the great discovery was the first since the effect is quite durable without making beasts.
I hope it helps you.

@infodescarga
Thank you very much infodescarga,
I'm going to try these products, so you describe, your training is much superior to what I have been doing, so I should work, I wait for it to add kilometers.
Thank you so much
Greetings,

Mariano23
03/22/2024 12:57 p.m.

@Ricki21
I follow it, apparently I do not reach the publication you mention, I will continue to investigate.
Thank you very much for the contribution
Greetings,

Mariano23
03/22/2024 12:59 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.