{'en': 'I am climbing glucose with any food', 'es': 'Se me esta subiendo la glucosa con cualquier alimento'} Image

I am climbing glucose with any food

tamara4's profile photo   03/21/2024 5:49 p.m.

I don't know what is happening to me.

tamara4's profile photo
tamara4
03/21/2024 5:49 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The apple is normal to raise glucose (if you are diabetic)

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/21/2024 6 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Bad example, up a lot and very fast to any diabetic.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
03/21/2024 6:07 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

tamara4 said:

Well, what happens to you is the most normal thing in the world if you are diabetic and you have not put insulin.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
03/21/2024 6:20 p.m.

sandman said:
tamara4 said:

Well, what happens to you is the most normal in the world if you are diabetic and you have not put insulin.

thank you.Of course I know what I mean that it does not give time to the insulin of acting, because it has never risen me so fast and never with this type of fruit

tamara4's profile photo
tamara4
03/21/2024 6:34 p.m.

sherpa41 said:
The apple is normal that glucose raises a lot (if you are diabetic)

So much the apple goes up?How much insulin would you put yourself for example for just an apple?

tamara4's profile photo
tamara4
03/21/2024 6:35 p.m.

tamara4 said:
sherpa41 said:
The apple is normal that the glucose rises a lot (if you are diabetic)

So much the apple goes up?How much insulin would you put yourself for example for just an apple?

The problem is not so much what goes up as the rapid one.The normal thing is that it rises faster than insulin and beak and then, when insulin acts, desba.
If you take it alone, for dessert, with more food in the stomach everything is less accentuated.
I like apple when I'm going down to climb.A small or medium if it is normal, because it goes up a lot.

isabelbota
03/21/2024 6:40 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:
tamara4 said:
sherpa41 said:
sherpa41 said:
the apple is normal that it goes up the glucose (ifYou are diabetic)

The problem is not so much what goes up as the rapid one.The normal thing is that it rises faster than insulin and beak and then, when insulin acts, desba.
If you take it alone, for dessert, with more food in the stomach everything is less accentuated.
I like apple when I'm going down to climb.A small or average if it is normal, because it goes up a lot.
Thank you very much I will take it into account

tamara4's profile photo
tamara4
03/21/2024 6:53 p.m.

This topic generates a question, and I take the opportunity to plant it here.I have been diabetic for 6 months, and for the moment I tolerate certain things, like the apple, quite well.

Is it a thing that I have been diabetic for a short time?I mean, in X years, will everything be a mess for me?

I don't know if I have explained well ...

JRIuris's profile photo
JRIuris
03/21/2024 6:56 p.m.

DT 1 desde septiembre de 2023
Glic a debut: 14.
Glic en 2024: 5,6
Toujeo 16 Uds
Novorapid 3/4/3

@Jriuris you are on honeymoon and unfortunately it doesn't last a lifetime.
You will know why get tangled up to have high glycemia values ​​after meals.
But do not overwhelm, it lasted about 20 months.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/21/2024 9:36 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

jriuris said:
This topic generates a doubt, and I take the opportunity to plant it here.I have been diabetic for 6 months, and for the moment I tolerate certain things, like the apple, quite well.

Is it a thing that I have been diabetic for a short time?I mean, in X years, will everything be a mess for me?

I don't know if I have explained well ...

Are you type 1 or 2?
Anyway, it is not known what will happen over time.The same apples are good for you, this is so, there are things that are wrong and others do not.
Do not unnecessarily overwhelm that if things change you will adapt, like everyone else.

isabelbota
03/21/2024 9:52 p.m.

Thanks for the help 🥰🥰

I am type 1, sorry not to say it before.

JRIuris's profile photo
JRIuris
03/21/2024 10:03 p.m.

DT 1 desde septiembre de 2023
Glic a debut: 14.
Glic en 2024: 5,6
Toujeo 16 Uds
Novorapid 3/4/3

If, on the honeymoon you can take fruit without insulin for your reserve, the basal compensates you.
Watch the values.It will come one day that you will eat anything and you will see a great 150 or 160 that does not go down ... so I started using fast.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/21/2024 10:25 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

tamara4 said:
sandman said:
tamara4 said:
tamara4 said:

Well, what happens to you is the most normal in the world if you are diabetic and you have not put insulin.

thank you.Of course I know what I am not like that does not give time to the insulin of acting, because it has never risen me so fast and never with fruit of this type

If you see that it does not give insulin time to act, wait longer between you put it on and eat the apple.Until you find the right waiting time that your body needs.

Anyway, start eating with 160 is to start high.Maybe if you are so high before eating you need an extra insulin to, in addition to metabolizing the apple, lowering that 160 to between 80 and 100.

Diegoc's profile photo
Diegoc
03/21/2024 10:28 p.m.

jriuris said:
thanks for the help 🥰🥰

I am type 1, forgive not to say it before.

If you need insulin, you are surely not on the honeymoon.Ask your endocrine better.Diabetes management is not complicated, on the contrary, it improves with experience, so don't worry.

Diegoc's profile photo
Diegoc
03/21/2024 10:36 p.m.

@tamara4: To avoid that beak eating an apple you can try 3 things (care, not all at once!)
1. Increase the waiting time before starting to eat since you have put the quick.
2. Upload the rapid insulin amount you get before eating.
3. Do not eat the fruit alone but mixed with other foods, for example with a yogurt.Or eat the fruit with food or dinner, in the stomach it will mix with fiber, protein and fat you have ingested and the beak will be lower.
I just like the "alone" fruit if I'm exercising enough.
In diabetes everything is essay and error.You will tell us how you are doing

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
03/22/2024 11:09 a.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

ricki21 said:
@tamara4: To avoid that peak eating an apple you can try 3 things (care, not all at once!)
1. Increase the waiting time before starting to eat since you have put the quick.
2. Upload the rapid insulin amount you get before eating.
3. Do not eat the fruit alone but mixed with other foods, for example with a yogurt.Or eat the fruit with food or dinner, in the stomach it will mix with fiber, protein and fat you have ingested and the beak will be lower.
I just like the "alone" fruit if I'm exercising enough.
In diabetes everything is essay and error.You will tell us how it is doing

Thank you very much ricki21 I am checking that it is that the insulina novorapid takes a long time to take effect almost an hour .. in addition to the fact that I am needing more insulin than before arth of diabetes .. the truth that the forum helps a lot

tamara4's profile photo
tamara4
03/22/2024 5:34 p.m.

@tamara4 is normal.Over time more insulin is needed.
You can try FIASP that is faster than Novorapid.

In the morning we have more insulin resistance, 1 hour is normal, in meals and dinners it takes much less.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/22/2024 7:10 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Very good the next visit to the endocrine I will ask for Fiasp

tamara4's profile photo
tamara4
03/23/2024 6:05 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.