{'en': 'Freestyle', 'es': 'Freestyle'} Image

Freestyle

JuanSevillano's profile photo   03/22/2024 2:01 p.m.

Good afternoon guys,

I walk with the Free 2 for approximately 4 months.I am diabetic 2 with insulin shortage (I suspect that I am lada because I need more insulin).I have negative antibodies.I put on Basal 9, 2.5 breakfast, 3 food and 2.5 dinner.After two hours my results are always acceptable or good.

The point is that this apparatus that have placed me is not exact ever, and I have already placed a few .... I always measure me more.This morning I marked up after the 215 breakfast and I was in 150. Subsequently, once the uploads are finished vertically, it is "stabilized" and usually marks about 20 more than the blood glucose meter marks.

I have read in many chats that the error is usual and that measurements must be made to know if it measures you more or less and thus live with the patch that touches you anticipating its inaccuracy.

What catches my attention is that the same thing always happens to me.I am shooting unreal measurements and then the difference is minor but it is still above.That makes me mark 6% glycosilada and I guess it will be inferior, if not, I don't understand anything.

Could it be that I get bad?I improve the measurements if I put it in the buttock because I am very thin ...

Anyway, to know if my complaint has no solution or I have to endure.

I hug everyone

JuanSevillano's profile photo
JuanSevillano
03/22/2024 2:01 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

juansevillano said:
good afternoon guys,

I walk with the Free 2 for approximately 4 months.I am diabetic 2 with insulin shortage (I suspect that I am lada because I need more insulin).I have negative antibodies.I put on Basal 9, 2.5 breakfast, 3 food and 2.5 dinner.After two hours my results are always acceptable or good.

The point is that this apparatus that have placed me is not exact ever, and I have already placed a few .... I always measure me more.This morning I marked up after the 215 breakfast and I was in 150. Subsequently, once the uploads are finished vertically, it is "stabilized" and usually marks about 20 more than the blood glucose meter marks.

I have read in many chats that the error is usual and that measurements must be made to know if it measures you more or less and thus live with the patch that touches you anticipating its inaccuracy.

What catches my attention is that the same thing always happens to me.I am shooting unreal measurements and then the difference is minor but it is still above.That makes me mark 6% glycosilada and I guess it will be inferior, if not, I don't understand anything.

Could it be that I get bad?I improve the measurements if I put it in the buttock because I am very thin ...

Anyway, to know if my complaint has no solution or I have to endure.

I hug everyone

Good, don't worry, it's normal.It measures me about 15-20 more than the glucometer marks.Glyc varies quite a lot.I had the last one in 5.7% and the app marked 6.0%

I do not want to mess you but there are apps that allow calibration making the values ​​very similar to what the glucometer marks.

If you want more information about this, look for Diabox in the forum and you will find several threads talking about it.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
03/22/2024 4:15 p.m.

Hello Juan, we have the same case, we have already commented, the pancreas is being depleted, the two without overweight, but we are type 2 because we do not have antibodies although in the end we need external insulin as a type 1. According to my endo I am the caseMore weird he has seen, but we are already two.
Do not overwhelm, the sensors are better, others worse.In my case they almost always measure me below, the other way around.
You can try to put it in the buttock, if you have more fat it will be better.Apparently it is where it best measures.I put one there and it is true that it measured very well.The problem was that I did not remember and started it by lowering my clothes, so being careful with that.I am going to see if I try again because they measure me well below in my arm, in fact I gave me Glico 5 and Di 5.9 in the analytics, a bestial difference.
But that you are clear that it is nothing that you do wrong.Try the buttock and if you do better you tell us.
Out of curiosity, how many years did diabetes appear?

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
03/22/2024 10:01 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@Juansevillano: Free when blood glucose rises or lows very quickly, marks a little crazy.Better check with a capillary before making a decision.
Instead, Free is going very well if you are stable, that is, without peaks.Being stable having diabetes is quite difficult but at the moment the sensors are the best option we have to try to control the glycemic variability

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
03/23/2024 noon

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

Thank you very much for the answer.I agree with you, it may be the best option we have even though the measurements are sometimes crazy.They provide vital information for our tranquility.

JuanSevillano
03/28/2024 10:44 a.m.

Isabelbota said:
Hello Juan, we have the same case, we have already commented, the pancreas is being depleted, the two without overweight, but we are type 2 because we do not have antibodies although in the end we needExternal insulin as a type 1. according to my endo I am the most rare case I have seen, but we are already two.
Do not overwhelm, the sensors are better, others worse.In my case they almost always measure me below, the other way around.
You can try to put it in the buttock, if you have more fat it will be better.Apparently it is where it best measures.I put one there and it is true that it measured very well.The problem was that I did not remember and started it by lowering my clothes, so being careful with that.I am going to see if I try again because they measure me well below in my arm, in fact I gave me Glico 5 and Di 5.9 in the analytics, a bestial difference.
But that you are clear that it is nothing that you do wrong.Try the buttock and if you do better you tell us.
Out of curiosity, how many years the diabetes appeared?

Well, Isabel, I'm 48 years old and diabetes entered two and a half years ago.I debuted to beast as a diabetic 1 but they managed to stabilize me with metformin.However, after time I began to need insulin and my feeling is that more and more.A nurse told me one day who doubted that it was diabetic 2 even with the negative antibodies, the profile was for her very evident.Moreover, he told me that not all antibodies were sought in analytics.Another interesting aspect is that my doctor told me that it was rare that with the insulin I had needed insulin but ...

Before debuting my fasting analytics were 108, 104 ... and suddenly everything went crazy!I suspect the statins but it is indisputable that it had some predisposition, even without having a family history.

I am always a little attentive to your comments because they are similar cases, we are weirdos !!!

I will try in the culete to see how.

Hug.

JuanSevillano
03/28/2024 10:52 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.