{'en': 'Low carbohydrate diet - ketogenics', 'es': 'Dieta baja en carbohidratos - cetogenica'} Image

Low carbohydrate diet - ketogenics

Lilsy's profile photo   03/26/2024 4:43 p.m.

For the heavy one who says that doctors do not recommend it again and again: girl, there are more doctors apart from yours.

Irenica92's profile photo
Irenica92
04/14/2024 1:42 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

lilsy said:
Irenica92 said:
Joan111 said:
Joan111 said:
doctors do not recommend that diet at all.

The doctors if they recommend it, precisely my endocrine told me, and with the help of a nutritionist I have gone down both weight and my glycemia, I am delighted.I stay in rank all the time and I have no peaks, at first you have to be careful, because I have had to lower the slow units for the hypos, but without a doubt the best decision I have made.

Hi how are things.Is it ketogenics?Or only low in HC ??Wow what luck that you endocrinologist and your nutritionist work together.This should be, in favor of patient.

Yes, I have a control as I tell you with my endocrine and nutritionist, the latter is particular.Consumption about 20 grams of hydrates per day, especially vegetables, and the rest between protein and some fat.The zero -gag diet is not to eat fried eggs and bacon every day, you have to know how to do it.

Irenica92
04/14/2024 1:44 p.m.

There are two types of diets to lower insulin use:
- ketogenic, and
- Low in hydrates
And they are not the same.

Endocrine and doctors never recommend prolonged ketogenic diet over time.It has many long -term risks and damage.(Atkins diet was keto and many ended liver problems)

Modern endocrine recommend low diets in carbohydrates.And according to each profile.
Some will have 60 GHC and another 80 or 40G HC.
To lose weight I made 30g HC/ day in 2 months and to keep between 60 and 80g HC.
But it is not ketogenic diet, the low hydrates diet prevents fat consumption.I did it with an endocrine and weekly and analytical control.
I am diabetic, type 1, lada and do not run at risk of ketosis as a non -diabetic because I always have basal insulin in my body.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/14/2024 3:11 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
- ketogenic, and
- Low in hydrates

Endocrine and doctors never recommend prolonged ketogenic diet over time.It has many long -term risks and damage.(Atkins diet was keto and many ended liver problems)

Modern endocrine recommend low diets in carbohydrates.And according to each profile.
To lose weight I made 30g HC/ day in 2 months and to keep between 60 and 80g HC.
But it is not ketogenic diet, the low hydrates diet prevents fat consumption.I did it with an endocrine and weekly and analytical control.
I am diabetic, type 1, lada and do not run at risk of ketosis as a non -diabetic because I always have basal insulin in my body.

First you have to differentiate between ketosis and ketoacidosis ...

Irenica92
04/21/2024 12:06 p.m.

lilsy said:
hello how such.Any experience in this type of diets?Especially in ketogenics?Eye not to lose weight, to maintain stable glucose levels and improve insulin resistance.I have battled a lot with nutriologists .. sandwiches, oatmeal, cereals, give food options .... While I make glucose and glycious peaks ... I would like to read experiences.Thank you

I do not understand what kind of nutritionist puts in the diet of a diabetic, sandwiches, oatmeal, cereals ... Go everything that goes wrong to a diabetic ...

Emily's profile photo
Emily
04/21/2024 4:12 p.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.
Freestylelibre 2 desde mediados de diciembre 2021, que me lleva loca.

emily said:
lilsy said:
hello how are you.Any experience in this type of diets?Especially in ketogenics?Eye not to lose weight, to maintain stable glucose levels and improve insulin resistance.I have battled a lot with nutriologists .. sandwiches, oatmeal, cereals, give food options .... While I make glucose and glycious peaks ... I would like to read experiences.Thank you

I do not understand what kind of nutritionist puts in the diet of a diabetic, sandwiches, oatmeal, cereals ... go everything that goes wrong to a diabetic ...

>

Do not continue the treatment with it, it is even more.Sometimes I think, they need to be in our shoes to see what happens in our body.

So calm, he told me there was no problem if my glucose rose to 170-180.There I had to correct that I had no diabetes resistance.

Do not talk about not dinner ... according to her, why I do hypoglycemia and that's why it dawns in 96-105.Puffff

Lilsy's profile photo
Lilsy
04/22/2024 5:30 p.m.

Resistencia a la insulina/Intolerancia los carbohidratos
Vildagliptina 50 mg C/24

Irenica92 said:
ruthbia said:
- ketogenic, and
- Low in hydrates

First you have to differentiate between ketosis and ketoacidosis ...

I know the difference.I enter cetosis below 30g of HC and never in ketoacidosis because I have basal insulin.I had in the debut, but never again.
But thanks for such useful clarifications

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/22/2024 8:22 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

In an adult you have to be very gross to have ketosis (without being with some disease), in children it is very common.
For us to understand each other.If you burn fat, you have ketosis ... acetone is nothing more than the residue of burning fat.We do not notice it, but if we have a lot we have to be careful, because it is a poison.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
04/24/2024 12:05 p.m.

juanolo said:
In an adult you have to be very gross to have ketosis (without being with some disease), in children it is very common.
For us to understand each other.If you burn fat, you have ketosis ... acetone is nothing more than the residue of burning fat.We do not notice it, but if we have a lot we have to be careful, because it is a poison.

Confuse ketosis with ketoacidosis.In ketosis there will be few hydrates but if there is normal glycemia and there is insulin, even if it is only basal, nothing happens, the amount of C ketonic are eliminated and not dangerous, if there is hyperglycemia and there is not enough insulin is when it enters ketoacidosis.
Nutritional ketosis is given every night when we sleep and fast for more than 8 h, but slightly, ketone bodies are less than 0.3, it also occurs in the row and in people and especially children who do a lot of sport andThey burn fat.
I do not agree with permanent ketogenics, apart from that I would not be able, but I do believe in the decrease in HC to control diabetes and more the type 1 of long evolution.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
04/28/2024 2:02 p.m.

Right now I am testing the ketogenic diet since if carbohydrates in moderate quantity, the postprandial glucose is triggered.I have tried the low carbos diet and I have to eat like a haystack to stay within the normal range.Hungry.
With the ketogenic diet it seems that my glucose levels are controlled and does not go hungry.Even so, it seems that the high levels of fat demanded by this diet increases insulin resistance: s one of the symptoms is that fasting glucose is rising ... I will see ... carbohydrates I cannotTouch or a stick, so my last cartridge is the Keto diet.
There are five thousand theories of how to reverse or control diabetes and many contradictory to each other.In addition, each body is a world and not everyone responds the same.I think it is best to try and check what best suits the body.

Sara10's profile photo
Sara10
04/28/2024 2:47 p.m.

Sara10 said:
right now I am testing the ketogenic diet since if carbohydrates consumes in moderate quantity, the postprandial glucose is triggered.I have tried the low carbos diet and I have to eat like a haystack to stay within the normal range.Hungry.
With the ketogenic diet it seems that my glucose levels are controlled and does not go hungry.Even so, it seems that the high levels of fat demanded by this diet increases insulin resistance: s one of the symptoms is that fasting glucose is rising ... I will see ... carbohydrates I cannotTouch or a stick, so my last cartridge is the Keto diet.
There are five thousand theories of how to reverse or control diabetes and many contradictory to each other.In addition, each body is a world and not everyone responds the same.I think it is best to try and check what best suits the body.

Something similar to what I live ... I did ketogenics, but my dyabetology told me that I already had to climb to carbos (my cholesterol) but I have to be careful with what like, why the postprandial begins to rise.

And something that I don't like and confuses me.She cares that my glucose are below 140 after meals .... But let's give this example ... before the food is one at 85mg/d/and 2 hours later one ends at 138mg/dl that does notIt seems so normal ... and it seems to anyone to import it

Lilsy's profile photo
Lilsy
04/28/2024 9:20 p.m.

Vildagliptina 50 mg C/24

Irenica92 said:
Joan111 said:
doctors do not recommend that diet at all.

The doctors if they recommend it, precisely my endocrine told me, and with the help of a nutritionist I have gone down both weight and my glycemia, I am delighted.I stay in rank all the time and I have no peaks, at first you have to be careful, because I have had to lower the slow units for the hypos, but without a doubt the best decision I have made.

Well, he told me what was not a good idea.The intermittent fast did not recommend it but I practice it and I do well

Joan111's profile photo
Joan111
04/28/2024 9:31 p.m.

lilsy said:

Something similar to what I live ... I did ketogenics, but my dyabetology told me that I already had to climb to carbos (my cholesterol) but I have to be careful with what like, why the postprandial begins to rise.

And something that I don't like and confuses me.She cares that my glucose are below 140 after meals .... But let's give this example ... before the food is one at 85mg/d/and 2 hours later one ends at 138mg/dl that does notIt seems so normal ... and it seems to anyone to import

It is normal for glucose to rise after eating whenever it does not pass from 140mg/dl.I understand that, especially if they eat carbohydrates.If a keto diet is made where carbohydrates shine by their absence, the peak will be practically null, just a little if protein has eaten.
The other day I put myself at 189mg/dl with a simple chirimoya.With the Keto diet, my postpandrial glucose is usually between 90-115mg/dl

As for cholesterol, it is something that confuses me.There is a theory out there that says that it is carbohydrates that rise, not animal fat.The funny thing is that I was Vegan for a while, I did not ate anything animal but I put on the fine eating sweets (at that time I didn't look at anything).In my blood analysis I got the cholesterol at 202. My doctor told me it was for stress.I don't know ... I've always had a "animated" life so if that were why I would always have had it elevated and it is normal for you to have it between 150-175, so I really don't know what cholesterol goes up.Being following the Keto diet I worry so much fat after being listening all my life that the fat "kills" is like being between the sword and the wall: carbohydrates = hyperglycemia;Fat = cholesterol or liver damage.

In the end I will opt for "a little of everything" and see how I apply.

Sara10's profile photo
Sara10
04/28/2024 10:54 p.m.

Sara10 said:
lilsy said:
>

And something that I don't like and confuses me.She cares that my glucose are below 140 after meals .... But let's give this example ... before the food is one at 85mg/d/and 2 hours later one ends at 138mg/dl that does notIt seems so normal ... and it seems to anyone to import

It is normal for glucose to rise after eating whenever it does not pass from 140mg/dl.I understand that, especially if they eat carbohydrates.If a keto diet is made where carbohydrates shine by their absence, the peak will be practically null, just a little if protein has eaten.
The other day I put myself at 189mg/dl with a simple chirimoya.With the Keto diet, my postpandrial glucose is usually between 90-115mg/dl

As for cholesterol, it is something that confuses me.There is a theory out there that says that it is carbohydrates that rise, not animal fat.The funny thing is that I was Vegan for a while, I did not ate anything animal but I put on the fine eating sweets (at that time I didn't look at anything).In my blood analysis I got the cholesterol at 202. My doctor told me it was for stress.I don't know ... I've always had a "animated" life so if that were why I would always have had it elevated and it is normal for you to have it between 150-175, so I really don't know what cholesterol goes up.Being following the Keto diet I worry so much fat after being listening all my life that the fat "kills" is like being between the sword and the wall: carbohydrates = hyperglycemia;Fat = cholesterol or liver damage.

In the end I will opt for "a little of everything" and see how I apply.

Yes, a little of everything, to see what improves the levels.I go more or less with the glucose.The only thing that does not go down is basal insulin, I still can't beat that last point :(

Lilsy's profile photo
Lilsy
04/29/2024 1:08 a.m.

Vildagliptina 50 mg C/24

Cholesterol does not come from carbohydrates.The carbohydrates become carbohydrates and if they do not burn they accumulate in abdominal fat and elsewhere, and make us gain weight.
In a Keto diet they eat many fats that call healthy but if you have cholesterol problems, the levels increase you.
To control T2 diabetes, the best is low diet in hydrates, with protein and little fat.
Fats become 40% in carbohydrates, so the same as hydrate, but burns, goes to the abdomen and floats in blood but is metabolized well giving cholesterol.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/29/2024 8:14 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello everyone, the best doctor of the United States of Florida is attended to me, and it tells me that insulin must check 2 hours counted from the moment you start eating, it must be in 140 or less if it is if it isThus, the glyc is going well, I also calculate according to my age and weight the amount of grams of carbohydrates that I can eat for food, I think 50 gr, I think there is a rule of the 500 that serves this calculation,Because it is not about not eating carbohydrates, it is about carrying a balanced diet, there is an app called heat King and has books in the same way you can consult on Google the amount of carbohydrates for food,
About the oto told me that care must be taken because the kidneys can damage

harjona3000's profile photo
harjona3000
05/06/2024 12:26 a.m.

Sara10 said:
right now I am testing the ketogenic diet since if carbohydrates consumes in moderate quantity, the postprandial glucose is triggered.I have tried the low carbos diet and I have to eat like a haystack to stay within the normal range.Hungry.

I do not go hungry with low diet in HC.You practically eat everything, you just restrict hydrates, that is, bread, paste, potatoes and rice fundamentally.And sweets and sugar, of course.
You can eat meat, fish, all kinds of vegetables, mushrooms, seafood, fruits, olives, pickles, nuts, eggs ...
I do lunch with a ratatourse (without potato), then meat or fish and a fruit ... I am not hungry.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
05/06/2024 7 p.m.

meginer said:
sara10 said:
right now I am testing the ketogenic diet since if you consume carbohydrates in moderate quantity, the postprandial glucose is triggered.I have tried the low carbos diet and I have to eat like a haystack to stay within the normal range.Hungry.

I do not go hungry with low diet in HC.You practically eat everything, you just restrict hydrates, that is, bread, paste, potatoes and rice fundamentally.And sweets and sugar, of course.
You can eat meat, fish, all kinds of vegetables, mushrooms, seafood, fruits, olives, pickles, nuts, eggs ...
I do lunch on a ratatus (without potato), then meat or fish and a fruit ... I am not hungry.

Now what I do is to eat half of the portions of hydrates that the nutritionist has sent me ... well, I see how I am.If there are 5 Marias cookies and shot 120/120, I better like 2nd tortilla, like some that have only 8 carbos.Bread, not like.How I say, I think that only those who really go through that and we are monitoring know better than if and not.

Lilsy's profile photo
Lilsy
05/07/2024 4:33 p.m.

Vildagliptina 50 mg C/24

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.