{'en': 'Difference more than 50 mg/dl in sensor and capillary', 'es': 'Diferencia más de 50 mg/dl en sensor y capilar'} Image

Difference more than 50 mg/dl in sensor and capillary

vigante92's profile photo   02/11/2024 10:58 p.m.

Hello, because I carry a couple of sensors that when putting them further down of what I usually put on the arm gives me very different values ​​almost more than 50 mg/dl than in capillary, any advice?Do I take it off?I already have two sensors the same .. It is free freestyle 2.

vigante92's profile photo
vigante92
02/11/2024 10:58 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Those values ​​of Abbot consider them "normal" ... at least that told me on one occasion, with differences of 70/80 mg/dl ... in short ... what I do is use Diabox to be able tocalibrate and the difference is less, I can't get it accurate but ...

cgs's profile photo
cgs
02/12/2024 12:23 a.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

Good, pass ... you have to find good areas ... The ideal is that you choose an area where you have fat do not go to an area of ​​hay very little or be attached to the bone because you will have more differences.

Even so, having no calibration method as the Guardian sensors of Medtronic, Instal Diabox or XDRIP and calibrate there to reduce that difference.

marine's profile photo
marine
02/12/2024 5:13 p.m.

Thank you very much for the comments, a question, do you have any part of the arm where you least fail you and that you get closer to the capillary?

vigante92
02/12/2024 5:34 p.m.

in force92 said:
Thank you very much for the comments, a question, do you have any part of the arm where you least fail and that more approaches the capillary?

High triceps zone more catchy to the shoulder than to the elbow.

It also goes very well or 3 fingers below the clavicle in the chest or on the front of the quadriceps

marine's profile photo
marine
02/12/2024 5:43 p.m.

The high area of ​​the triceps has never failed the truth and the other sites I have never tried them, nor did I imagine that Jaaja could be put there but all information is good as long as the values ​​are as exact as possible :)

vigante92
02/12/2024 7:32 p.m.

in force92 said:
The high area of ​​the triceps has never failed the truth and the other sites I have never tried them, nor did I imagine that Jaajaja could be put there but all information is good with suchthat the values ​​are the most exact possible :)

Link

marine's profile photo
marine
02/13/2024 12:07 a.m.

For me, for the moment, the most accurate is the buttock.Also with less risk of taking it with a door, backpack or bag.
In the arms measures below the real value, in the but a little higher buttock but in 8 years it is where it has given the best results.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/13/2024 10:54 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I understand, the next patch I will try it in the thigh, so as not to throw the patch because we are always very righteous with them, I have reheated it with Diabox and it is surprising that goes and what will be done to the real measurement, I meanWe are talking about +- 7mg/dl up or down and in the application of freestyle goes to about 80mg/dl above the capillary :)

vigante92
02/13/2024 12:36 p.m.

in force92 said:
I understand, the next patch I will try it in the thigh, so as not to throw the patch because we always go very fair with them, I have reheated it with Diabox and it is surprising mo wellWhat goes and what will be done to the real measurement, we are talking about +- 7mg/dl up or down and in the application of the freestyle goes to about 80mg/dl above the capillary :)

You must keep in mind that when the difference is very large, if the sensor per free mark 40, but by Diabox you are 90 for that 50 difference, the measurement would not be correct since by free from such low values ​​no longer measures well.

The normal thing, in sensors is having +-20mg/dl and calibrate to try to refine that difference and try to always be without active insulin and stable blood glucose

marine's profile photo
marine
02/13/2024 1:16 p.m.

Eye with the calibrations, sometimes the sensor is reset and the calibrations must be erased because they no longer are worth.It happened to me several times;Having it calibrated and suddenly does nothing like reality.So I delete calibrations and put data again.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/13/2024 6:57 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
eye with calibrations, sometimes the sensor is reset and the calibrations must be erased because they no longer are worth.It happened to me several times;Having it calibrated and suddenly does nothing like reality.So I delete calibrations and put data again.

It happens to me a lot lately.
The introduced values ​​are put gray and I have to re -introduce new calibration values.
Before I only calibrated the first 2-3 days and served me for the whole life of the sensor.
Now I have to put values ​​every 3 or 4 days, so I spend twice or triple strips that, as you know, the SS no longer happens to us

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
02/14/2024 8:16 a.m.

If I understand, anyway with this sensor I am measuring on average 2 times per day or when I do not fit any measurement, but I have to say that with 4 days of use I do quite well with Diabox and ignoring Freestyle .. to see whatIt occurs with the next one because it is true that it approaches a lot with the calibration, it no longer gives me the same security as before ..

vigante92
02/14/2024 1:29 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.