{'en': 'Neurologist', 'es': 'Neurologo'} Image

Neurologist

patty89rb's profile photo   02/16/2024 7:42 a.m.

Hello group !!!I have gone to the neurologist for a revision and in physical examination he has told me that I have absence of reflexes in the knees, which is normal in diabetics.Some experience with this.Thank you

patty89rb's profile photo
patty89rb
02/16/2024 7:42 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

No experience, just tell you that everything that happens to us in "normal" for them is justified to not seek treatment.

Vero83's profile photo
Vero83
02/16/2024 9:13 a.m.

They are going to make an electromyogram that it comes out !!!I've been with DTP1 for 27 years and I am a little scared.Thank you

patty89rb
02/16/2024 10:41 a.m.

patty89rb said:
will make me an electromyogram to have it comes out !!!I've been with DTP1 for 27 years and I am a little scared.Thanks

It is the rational, in the EMG you will see the degree of affectation you have.Many diabetics have neurological alteration, but they don't know it because it is subclinical.In this test the degree of affectation will be seen, if you have it.It monitors your glucose, because for now neuropathy has no cure and the or a way to fight it is to keep the damn sugar at bay.
I have neuropathy and they make me newspapers to control the evolution
Luck

fosforero's profile photo
fosforero
02/16/2024 6:55 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 2 desde 2014, 850 mg de Metformina al día, neuropatía periférica desde 2020

patty89rb said:
Hello group !!!I have gone to the neurologist for a revision and in physical examination he has told me that I have absence of reflexes in the knees, which is normal in diabetics.Some experience with this.Thank you

What reflexes are missing, the Aquilians (ankles) or rotrolians (knee)?
I have the absence of Aquilians and weak
Luck!!!

fosforero
02/16/2024 7:02 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 2 desde 2014, 850 mg de Metformina al día, neuropatía periférica desde 2020

It is the first news that I have on that subject, and see that I lead a lifetime with this in tow.
No dietitian or endocrine had even mentioned it in passing.
I, for my part, what I had noticed is that for a while at this part they give me tremendous pain in my legs, but always from the knee down.And I try to scratch myself carefully, but sometimes I enter a frenzy such that I cannot stop doing it, even provoking wounds that then take to heal, but the itching it feels is enormous.Are we talking about the same?

THC's profile photo
THC
02/16/2024 7:06 p.m.

Thc@ those symptoms are not typical of neuropathy, which are tingling and staining feet and then legs, as well as feeling those nerves and sometimes as electric discharges.But I have never had itching.
Luck

fosforero
02/16/2024 7:13 p.m.

thc said:
is the first news that I have on that subject, and see that I lead a lifetime with this in tow.
No dietitian or endocrine had even mentioned it in passing.
I, for my part, what I had noticed is that for a while at this part they give me tremendous pain in my legs, but always from the knee down.And I try to scratch myself carefully, but sometimes I enter a frenzy such that I cannot stop doing it, even provoking wounds that then take to heal, but the itching it feels is enormous.Are we talking about the same?

These symptoms are not typical of neuropathy, which are tingling and football of feet and then legs, as well as feeling those nerves and sometimes as electrical discharges.But I have never had itching.
Luck

fosforero
02/16/2024 7:17 p.m.

What reflexes are missing, the Aquilians (ankles) or rotrolians (knee)?
I have the absence of Aquilians and weak
Luck!!

He has only looked at me by the patellars who are the ones who do not have and on the wrists.Hopefully the EMG goes well.I have a quite controlled glucose.Thank you

patty89rb
02/16/2024 7:35 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.