The slow does not last 12 hours.Does it happen to you too?What do you do to remedy it?

THC's profile photo   02/20/2024 9:42 a.m.

Hello everyone.
Since I carry the freestyle patch I can observe how my body reacts to intake and insulin and I have noticed that the slow lasts for about 10 hours at most.Last night I put it around 10, but this morning at 8 I was already starting.
This happens to me every day and how I don't look at the sensor until breakfast time glycemia can shoot and get in the 2 grams even though an hour before I was in hypoglycemic values.
What I do is look at it as soon as I wake up and if I need I wear some fast units and I control it until breakfast time.
Does it also happen to you?

Greetings.

THC's profile photo
THC
02/20/2024 9:42 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I believe that in the morning we have more insulin resistance;Having spent the flat night, or even in descending trend, we get up and by magic the glucose rises, even fasting.That happens to me, a few more days and others less.Especially the office days in which I am sitting many hours in front of the computer, the weekend is another roll.

Then, between 12:00 and 16:00 (more or less) I will be stable again and in the afternoon, starting at 6:00 p.m. I go back to the gym and the reverse.Again at night, starting at 9:00 p.m.

Insulin is flat and it is we who react one way or another to it according to the time of day.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
02/20/2024 11:07 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

It depends on insulin using.
Lantus and Levemir do not reach 24h, when I used them, the endocrine told me that in 2 shots, at night 70% and at 12 noon the remaining 30%.
Now I use toujeo that covers a little more than 24h and is very flat, if I neglect with some food, I do not absorb it and I have to rectify with the rapid.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/20/2024 11:19 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I use Tresiba 24 h although at night from 3-4 in the morning I enter an eternal hyperglycemia until 9-10 in the morning does not start down, it doesn't matter if I get 10-12U quickly forControl the glucose at night, I do not go down, on Saturday I managed to get up at 160 but I had to put 24u from Novorapid at 2.30 am, I'm going to sleep at 119 at 0.30-1 and I get up at 290-300 every day, alwaysI had a tendency to these hypers at night but I have been a week of crazy with this issue and of course 63% kills me the night

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
02/20/2024 12:56 p.m.

Friend @ROGERIX, it looks like the Tresiba loses its action much earlier than expected, you are left with no insulin at night and you have nothing to digest dinner, so as soon as you finish eating it starts uploading,Keep going up all night and in the morning you wake up with high values.
The fact that still quickly continues to dawn with the high glucose reinforces my theory: at night you are left with nothing and 24U quickly to undone is not enough for kill dinner.
I left the Tresiba precisely for the same thing: I became more and more because I had less effect on me.I think you should try to change to a slow 12 hours because if you click at night before dinner it will cover you until the morning because it is just put in the body.You control the first climb that gives you dinner with the fast and if you have put the necessary amount of slowly should not go up much at night.
But I tell you that for what you accounts it seems as if your body passed from the Tresiba.

Each type of insulin is like a Pokémon: we have to try until we find the one that best suits us in the fight against the common enemy.

Greetings.

THC's profile photo
THC
02/20/2024 1:14 p.m.

I have tried the 12 hours but I did not cover me, I can't be injected by the three at 10 am at night, and a lot already because it does not take any effect, it covers me all the next day but at night ..... nothing at all

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
02/20/2024 2:11 p.m.

Well, friend @ROGERIX, in the absence of knowing the opinions of the rest of the members of the forum and giving the way that you behave well at dinner, that is, that you eat what you have to eat, in the fair amount, at the appropriate timeAnd that you do not do any nonsense like having a copazo or some custard for the dessert I am inclined to think that the Tresiba takes to start.The fact that you have put yourself slowly 12h and it should not work for you either should you have to look at it in more detail.I would say you got little of that slow 12h or that you didn't get enough quick at dinner.

The fast is like a teaser: you pour from the threat buttone but the guy is still right there, lying on the floor.
The slow is like flanges with which you hold it and hands once you have left it stunned, but over time it regains strength and makes it free.That is why it goes up in the morning, because there is nothing left of the rapid in the body and only the slow one is not enough to contain the thief.

Remember: the first thing is to control the first attack of the dinner with the fair amount quickly so that at three hours of eating not this or low or uploading or going down too fast.That trend, from those 3 hours, is already the work of the slow to control it.Do not be afraid to increase the doses until the values ​​block, but up to a limit, of course.For a normal amount of calories at dinner with a maximum of a quick and 30-40 slow one.If you need more there is another problem that we ignore.

All this, as I said at the beginning, without knowing the rest of the opinions, than the most better.

Greetings.

THC's profile photo
THC
02/20/2024 2:29 p.m.

salad said:
I believe that in the morning we have more insulin resistance;Having spent the flat night, or even in descending trend, we get up and by magic the glucose rises, even fasting.That happens to me, a few more days and others less.Especially the office days in which I am sitting many hours in front of the computer, the weekend is another roll.

I have also noticed that;In fact, the mornings that I go for walking through the field with my dogs I do not care to do it while in hicc aswith a curve that is a pure and hard integral.
If I delayed home and put the insulin, it puts me in 1.60, having went out to walk with 0.5 only an hour and a half before and still missing as 2 hours so that the effect of the slow night of the night is allegedly finished.

All this I know thanks to the patch, which I will never get tired of praising.It is my particular gold calf.

THC's profile photo
THC
02/20/2024 3 p.m.

@Thc My dinners are lighter, it is more until 1-1.30 a little more I usually be between 100-130 or 130-140 but there is an hour about 3-4 in the morning that begins to rise like the foam andIt lasts several hours, today for example at 6 am I was at 307 mg/dl and I have laughed 14u from Novorapid and at 9 am it has only dropped until 206, I have put 6u without breakfast because I never had breakfast and at 2 hours I was already at120 and I have spent the day between 120-130.All this at night happens to me more in winter, in fact from October the night crucis begins and my hemoglobin suffers and 6.3 has risen to 7 and it is something that I cannot afford because I already have complications for this garbage ofdisease....

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
02/20/2024 8:02 p.m.

Caramba @ROGERIX

I understand what you say but it costs me to assimilate it.You are telling me that in the morning you put 5L to the Gasofa car, you take the kids to school, the lady to the super, then you go to the town to see your parents and when you return home they look at the deposit and it turns out that there are 5 litersand medium.
If you get 2 different insulins at least one should cause the desired hypoglycemic effect, but it is not.
Sorry to ask you but are you going through a stress situation?Do you have any matter in mind that you cannot take for something that is happening to you or someone in your environment?
Do you have a long time of diabetic evolution?
Do you have hypoglycemia after the day?

I am interested because something similar happens to me, much less pronounced but I have to put something quickly about 2 or 3 in the morning so that I do not climb me excessively while I sleep.

THC's profile photo
THC
02/20/2024 8:51 p.m.

@ROGERIX, it can also influence that in the injection zone you have some lipodystrophy, that does not let insulin absorb well.You can change zone to see ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/20/2024 11:47 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Thc I have been with diabetes 32 years, and each person reacts very differently to exogenous insulin.

And @regina if it were lipodystrophy, I would not be fine all day with the punctures to eat and dinner.
By the way, do you use for punctures?Thrombocid?It is that between punctures to eat and corrections it does not give me, and something else, he told me a doctor that with the insulins now no matter so much the area of ​​punctures, I spend on my thighs because the ostia hurts, so I click in bellyand arms

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
02/21/2024 12:01 p.m.

rogerix said:
@thc I have been with diabetes for 32 years, and each person reacts very differently to the exogenous insulin.

And @regina if it were lipodystrophy, I would not be fine all day with the punctures to eat and dinner.
By the way, do you use for punctures?Thrombocid?It is that between punctures to eat and corrections it does not give me, and something else, he told me a doctor that with the insulins now no matter so much the area of ​​punctures, I spend on my thighs because the ostia hurts, so I click in bellyand arms

I have been with diabetes 35 years and except for the occasional specific case I have never had cardinal problems.What I have done has been to divide my body for each type of insulin.To the left side, slow insulin corresponds, both in legs, belly and arms and quick insulin corresponds to the right side of the body.The times that I was wrong with hemisphere insulin has not produced the expected effect.

It is true that sometimes I have punctured my legs and I had to do it near some nerve or some tendon and I have been lame for 2 days.Once again I have punctured a cardinal in the belly and is quite annoying and painful

What I would like to say that the needles that give you for the feathers are getting smaller.The last box I retired was 3mm, something completely ridiculous.With that needle you do not get an intramuscular injection.In any case it will be subcutaneous.I have come out of the skin because that needle does not transfer neither the dermis nor the epidermis.

THC's profile photo
THC
02/21/2024 12:16 p.m.

I buy the 8 mm Novofine, but I liked those of BD more but in Amazon there are no, I know that they give them in the SS but I except sensors that send them home from Abbot through the SS of the SS everything else the otherNeedles and strips I buy it on Amazon and throws almost no longer with the sensor so they last a lot of needles, and the strips are also at most € 50 every 5-6 months

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
02/21/2024 4:25 p.m.

For adults with a normal weight, the ideal are 5mm.In children 3 it is fine, but it seems to me the one that gives the needles is not clear about the sizes.
I have also used 8mm but my endocrine told me that the criteria were changing and that it was better of 5 mm.
When I was a child I started with 12'7 mm ... if the thing has changed.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
02/24/2024 10:16 a.m.

juance said:

When I was a child I started with 12'7 mm ... if the thing has changed.

I remember those 12.7mm needles.You didn't know if they were to put insulin or chop a steer.

THC's profile photo
THC
02/24/2024 11:44 a.m.

Well, I started in 1992 with syringes and the needles were fat and long sounds fatal but it was, and actrapid and insulating roads that mixed with the rapid in the syringe, then later the feathers arrived and until today ...

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
02/24/2024 12:29 p.m.

rogerix said:
well I started in 1992 with syringes and the needles were fat and long sounds fatal but so it was, and vialLater the feathers arrived and until today ...

I also started like you, but my father led me to see a doctor, who was the son of his friend and in the end it turned out that he was a reference in Spain in diabetes at the time.His name is Diego Gómez Reyes and had been a scholarship in the US when he returned to Spain he worked to bring insulin feathers and, as I say, it was he who made me the first recipe for insulin feathers.He returned to the town from the capital for the holidays and there we caught him.
I remember that I told me that if one day I wanted to eat a hamburger to eat it, and that day I put some more units.I have not know that it will have been from him, but he came home so that I, who was about 14 years old, taught him to use a spreadsheet called Lotus 1 2 3 for his work.(The computer science 30 years ago was not like now, that with a mouse you can do everything).

THC's profile photo
THC
02/24/2024 12:50 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.