{'en': '96% of people with diabetes consider basic to have a hair glycemia meter', 'es': 'El 96% de personas con diabetes considera básico disponer de un medidor de glucemia capilar'} Image

96% of people with diabetes consider basic to have a hair glycemia meter

fer's profile photo   04/16/2024 10:41 a.m.

Recently, a study highlighted the opinion of people with type 1 diabetes (DM1) on the measurement of hair glycemia.96% of participants consider having a hair glycemia meter, even in the era of continuous glucose monitoring (MCG).

This study was carried out between December 2022 and March 2023 and was attended by almost 400 people, mainly between 18 and 65 years.Despite the general satisfaction with the MCG, many still face problems of accuracy and reliability, which leads them to resort to traditional capillary measurement, especially when they suspect the inaccuracy of the sensor data.

It is essential that almost 70% of respondents have experienced episodes of night hypoglycemia more than three times in the last year, which highlights the need for more precise and reliable devices for effective diabetes management.

In addition, it was pointed out that sensors can easily detach or present connection errors, which generates concern among users.Therefore, many people still prefer to use the glucometer in critical situations, such as hypoglycemia or when the symptoms do not agree with the values ​​reported by the sensor.

This study underlines the importance of improving the technology available for diabetes monitoring and how the medical community and manufacturers must listen to user needs and experiences to optimize these vital resources.

What do you think about this situation?

My reflection on the study ... How are there 4% who do not consider having a glucose meter?

Are there people with type 1 diabetes who do not control anything and do you think?

What do you think?

Greetings,

fer's profile photo
fer
04/16/2024 10:41 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Blood measurements for me are fundamental when my daughter's sensor marks very low values ​​or has symptoms.The MCG saves us with continuous punctures and is one of the best inventions in medicine in recent years, but it is not enough.

Diegoc's profile photo
Diegoc
04/16/2024 1:11 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Who am I, to judge or comment on how they want to take care of each one !!

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
04/16/2024 3:20 p.m.

To clarify, it is not a criticism against anyone in particular, but it surprises me, I also see it as @diegoc the monitoring is essential, and capillary contrast is necessary, it is worth not every day, but from time to time, and when the MCG patch stops working, or when you simply run out of new sensors.

fer's profile photo
fer
04/16/2024 3:44 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Andrespmat said:
who I am, to judge or comment on how each one wants to take care of each one !!

Man, in this case it will be that each one is free to take care of or not, because without measuring glycemia it is impossible for someone with diabetes to take care of their health.I wish it was not so, but it is what there is.

Diegoc's profile photo
Diegoc
04/16/2024 3:48 p.m.

That 4% is managed by the header.It goes every week and guidelines.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/16/2024 6:40 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.