{'en': 'Visible or not diabetes?', 'es': '¿Visibilizar o no la Diabetes?'} Image

Visible or not diabetes?

fer's profile photo   04/25/2024 7:39 p.m.

The decision to make our situation visible or not with diabetes in the workplace and social is a deeply personal and complex issue that each of us, as people living with diabetes, we must face at some point.

This choice not only affects how others perceive us, but it can also have significant implications in our emotional well -being and in our daily interactions.

From my experience and observation, the visibility of diabetes is an issue that goes beyond the simple act of sharing a medical diagnosis.It is about weighing the benefits of greater understanding and support from our environment against the risk of facing stigmas, prejudices or discrimination.

For the book "Live with diabetes: the power of the online community" , we interviewed María Romeo ( @Maria_Romeo11), a young nurse and activist who shares her experience on Instagram and Tiktok.

From here we want to thank his collaboration for the book, he also recently published a video on Tiktok where he explains his experience with us and makes a small spolier of the content of the book, I leave here the link so you can see it, and in case you want to followMaria in Tiktok.:) :) :) :)

fer's profile photo
fer
04/25/2024 7:39 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

This has always been a bit of "handicap" for me, as a child I did not want to make it visible because I felt discriminated, and I do not want to be a greater because it can also be something intimate and that each one shares it with whoever wants, there are people who would surely use it forFeeling victim and enlarging even more what they do not have but it is a thing that I cannot, in my work he knows who has to know in case something happens to me but I do not say it to mouth, I carry something in the clockThat identifies it and my insulin bomb in the body finishes giving all the clues in case they had to attend me, so ..

Vero83's profile photo
Vero83
04/26/2024 12:04 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have no problem saying who is or showing that I am diabetic.

If I have to click, I click where I get caught.

If I have to look with the glucometer, then I look so normal.Wherever it is.

Now, I understand that there are people who want to hide it.

I don't care.I have an autoimmune disease.I don't have to be ashamed.Of course if it were Celiac would not.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
04/26/2024 1:08 p.m.

I only hide the people who are very heavy or very pessimistic.To save me nonsense and bad vibes.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
04/26/2024 1:29 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

It is important to make diabetes visible to raise awareness about the disease, its causes, symptoms, treatments and the importance of leading a healthy lifestyle to prevent it.In doing so, stigmas are eliminated and the inclusion of people living with diabetes in society is promoted.In addition, when speaking openly about the disease, early detection and access to adequate medical care are encouraged.Therefore, it is essential to make diabetes visible to promote the health and well -being of affected people.

rosa3's profile photo
rosa3
04/26/2024 4:33 p.m.

http://www.psicotipsve.com/

pink3 said:
It is important to make diabetes visible to raise awareness about the disease, its causes, symptoms, treatments and the importance of leading a healthy lifestyle to prevent it.In doing so, stigmas are eliminated and the inclusion of people living with diabetes in society is promoted.In addition, when speaking openly about the disease, early detection and access to adequate medical care are encouraged.Therefore, it is essential to make diabetes visible to promote the health and well -being of affected people.

Chatgpt?

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
04/26/2024 4:51 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

sherpa41 said:
rose3 said:
It is important to make diabetes visible to create awareness about the disease, its causes, symptoms, treatments and the importance of carrying ahealthy lifestyle to prevent it.In doing so, stigmas are eliminated and the inclusion of people living with diabetes in society is promoted.In addition, when speaking openly about the disease, early detection and access to adequate medical care are encouraged.Therefore, it is essential to make diabetes visible to promote the health and well -being of affected people.

Chatgpt?

Totally agree.All his posts are in the style and I have already asked him a couple of times if it is diabetic (following a post that put on the importance of eating fruits having diabetes) and did not answer me.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
04/26/2024 9:24 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:
sherpa41 said:
rose3 said:
rose3 said:
It is important to make diabetes visible to create awareness about the disease, its causes, symptoms, treatments and the importance of leading a healthy lifestyle to prevent it.In doing so, stigmas are eliminated and the inclusion of people living with diabetes in society is promoted.In addition, when speaking openly about the disease, early detection and access to adequate medical care are encouraged.Therefore, it is essential to make diabetes visible to promote the health and well -being of affected people.

Chatgpt?

Totally agree.All his posts are in the style and I have already asked him a couple of times if it is diabetic (following a post that put on the importance of eating fruits having diabetes) and did not answer me.

Surely you are only interested in promoting the website of the psychological consultation and will write in many disease forums using chatgpt so as not to waste time.

Come on, it's spam.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
04/26/2024 9:37 p.m.

I puncture while I walk, if I stop, I have it as a child and more than assumed.
Of course, I had to hide in a company because if I said it, it did not enter.So I had to pass medical recognitions in each 6 -month hiring shift.
We are discriminated against in many jobs, this is an echo and better not to say it.Now that of course with the fighter sensors we give the song a lot and it is difficult to hide.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
04/26/2024 9:37 p.m.

@Juansolo then the sensor, in the buttock, does not betray me.
In my work environment they all know it in case something happens to me.
And I click anywhere.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/26/2024 11 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

sherpa41 said:
Isabelbota said:
sherpa41 said:
sherpa41 said:

Chatgpt?

Surely you are only interested in promoting the website of the psychological consultation and will write in many disease forums using chatgpt so as not to waste time.

Come on is spam.

Well, little psychology is that.It is that if you intend to promote the website, what little eye.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
04/26/2024 11:22 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Virtually all my life I have tried to be very discreet in terms of diabetes, it is now, when more than 26 years ago I begin to feel "comfortable" enough to share it without problems, but not proactively, if not, more, moreGood reactively.

fer's profile photo
fer
04/27/2024 5:16 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hello, I think what needs to be done is “normalize“ diabetes.
If you have to click on the street, it is done.

With that I do not say that you have to wear a t -shirt with #yotengodiabetes

ballbrk's profile photo
ballbrk
04/27/2024 5:29 p.m.

The thin line between hiding diabetes or being "the diabetes girl".
I also shed where I touch, I carry the sensor in the buttock for my comfort and I only share data from my diabetes with very chosen people.I try to act naturally and avoid giving "the sheet" with the subject.
In the forum I give free to my desire to talk about the subject and share experiences.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
04/28/2024 11:28 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

If you don't give it too much importance, nobody gives it.But in a job interview I wouldn't say it, they won't ask you either ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/29/2024 1:26 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Sandman said:
I have no problem saying who is or in showing that I am diabetic.

If I have to click, I click where I get caught.

If I have to look with the glucometer, then I look so normal.Wherever it is.

Now, I understand that there are people who want to hide it.

I don't care.I have an autoimmune disease.I don't have to be ashamed.Of course if it were Celiac would not.

Each person has their own reasons to decide whether or not to share their health status with others.Some people may feel shame or fear of being judged, while others prefer to be open and transparent about it.In any case, the important thing is that each person feels comfortable with his decision and that he can handle his illness in the best possible way.The most important thing is to take care of your health and not let diabetes limit your life in any way!

rosa3's profile photo
rosa3
05/06/2024 8:01 p.m.

http://www.psicotipsve.com/

I once hid it enough ... I was going to click to the bathroom (which I think is the most polluted and "dirty" place to do it at the end), I covered me a lot, I looked at the sides ...
I commented on the circles where I moved or had to take into account (school, institute, friends ...).

Now?Well, I don't carry a banner, of course ... but I punctuate me where I catch me, I don't care if they look at me ... I share if they ask me what happens to me.
If they ask, I talk about them naturally trying not to fall into victimhood, but making it clear that "it is not just clicking and not eating buns."
Do you see the sensor?Well yes ... I don't like it very much ... And the marks that the sun leaves me ... but they give me life.
And I let it know in regular places: work, class, friends ... although it is clear that it is not the first thing I speak!And less, unfortunately, in a job interview.There is still much to do ...

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
05/06/2024 9:09 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

regina said:
If you don't give it too much importance, nobody gives it.But in a job interview I wouldn't say it, they won't ask you either ..

Man, in a job interview I would not say it in life.There is a lot of taboo.And that I have never lost one day because of diabetes, beyond review consultations every 6 months.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
05/08/2024 5:39 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.