{'en': 'Insulin resistance', 'es': 'Resistencia a la insulina'} Image

Insulin resistance

tamara4's profile photo   03/22/2024 5:20 p.m.

Hello everyone, is there insulin resistance in type 1 diabetes?Has anyone happened to someone?I am needing practically twice the insulin for the same hydrates and I do not know if that can be the reason

tamara4's profile photo
tamara4
03/22/2024 5:20 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, it's normal.
There are many factors, premenstruation, a virus, age, etc.
Yes, it's called resistance.There are people who are using metformin and they are doing well.Not all endocrine prescribes it for DT1.

I have it every morning and dose dose the days before menstruation.The other option is to climb basal, but for 4 days it does not compensate for me.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/22/2024 7:15 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

tamara4 said:
hello to all, is insulin resistance in type 1 diabetes?Has anyone happened to someone?I am needing practically twice the insulin for the same hydrates and I do not know if that can be the reason

It has happened to us with our daughter for a simple cold, by medication (corticosteroids or syrups), because it hits a stretch, or for reasons that we do not know.Sometimes with other families we agree that the arrival of heat or cold in spring and autumn influences.We have concluded that many times we will not know the cause and what we do is increase the dose of insulin to duplicate the fast, and well, when we were also slowly with feathers because if not the nights were wrong.

Now with the closed handle system it is easier because there is no slow or fast, we simply decided to increase insulin pulses for hours.And we avoid the problem that, when the cause caused by resistance disappears, it has hypos until the effect of slow "overdose" is passed.That it was also Tresiba that are 40h action, and become eternal.

Especially you have to be careful when that resistance, normally passenger, pass.If you see that you start having hypos suspect that this extra need for insulin is happening and puts less insulin.It is normal to end up returning to the insulin doses prior to the episode you comment, and there is no other than being attentive.

Diegoc's profile photo
Diegoc
03/22/2024 11:51 p.m.

diegoc said:
tamara4 said:
hello everyone, is there insulin resistance in type 1 diabetes?Has anyone happened to someone?I am needing practically twice the insulin for the same hydrates and I do not know if that can be the reason

It has happened to us with our daughter for a simple cold, by medication (corticosteroids or syrups), because it hits a stretch, or for reasons that we do not know.Sometimes with other families we agree that the arrival of heat or cold in spring and autumn influences.We have concluded that many times we will not know the cause and what we do is increase the dose of insulin to duplicate the fast, and well, when we were also slowly with feathers because if not the nights were wrong.

Now with the closed handle system it is easier because there is no slow or fast, we simply decided to increase insulin pulses for hours.And we avoid the problem that, when the cause caused by resistance disappears, it has hypos until the effect of slow "overdose" is passed.That it was also Tresiba that are 40h action, and become eternal.

Especially you have to be careful when that resistance, normally passenger, pass.If you see that you start having hypos suspect that this extra need for insulin is happening and puts less insulin.It is normal to end up returning to the insulin doses prior to the episode you comment, and there is no other than being attentive.

Thank you very much I will be asking, a question that is the closed ASA system?

tamara4's profile photo
tamara4
03/23/2024 6:03 p.m.

ruthbia said:
is normal.
There are many factors, premenstruation, a virus, age, etc.
Yes, it's called resistance.There are people who are using metformin and they are doing well.Not all endocrine prescribes it for DT1.

I have it every morning and dose dose the days before menstruation.The other option is to climb basal, but for 4 days it does not compensate for me.

thank you so much

tamara4's profile photo
tamara4
03/23/2024 6:04 p.m.

tamara4 said:
diegoc said:
tamara4 said:
tamara4 said:
hello to all, there is insulin resistance in insulin intype 1 diabetes?Has anyone happened to someone?I am needing practically twice the insulin for the same hydrates and I do not know if that can be the reason

Thank you very much I will be asking, a question that is the closed ASA system?

The system called "closed handle" consists of an insulin pump that communicates with the glycemic sensor transmitter, the pump can make decisions through an intelligent and injecting algorithm insulin depending on the glycemia value that we have at all times andalso depending on patterns detected in previous days (for example, in our case night hyperglycemia of 23h to 2h approx).It is the closest thing to a pancreas that we have today.It is not much less perfect (hopefully it was) but it makes things very easier.When wearing a pump does not need slow and fast insulin, with the same insulin reservoir the pump is applyThe mobile.

Diegoc's profile photo
Diegoc
03/23/2024 10:47 p.m.

Well, I did not know him of the insulin pump but already connected to the sensor, thank you very much for the explanation :)

tamara4's profile photo
tamara4
03/26/2024 5:58 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.