{'en': "I finally start healthy life and ... I'm worse than ever.", 'es': 'Por fin empiezo vida sana y... estoy peor que nunca.'} Image

I finally start healthy life and ... I'm worse than ever.

sara_vice's profile photo   03/02/2024 7:47 p.m.

First of all apology, this is a post of relief, since I don't want to talk to anyone because I don't want them to worry or ask me.
I debuted with type 1 diabetes 4 years but the truth is that I had never finished assuming.I kept smoking a lot, drinking alcohol, partying, eating what I wanted, zero exercise ... and still the analyzes did well and the glycosylated in 7 or less.I had enough climbing for beer and alcohol and "bah, I don't care, I'm tired of being controlling" and some descents too, but the truth is that nothing scandalous is not very or less like it, I do not usually complain andIn fact I have never written in this forum or anything.
Well, 2 weeks ago I decided to change my life and quit smoking and exercise daily, eat better, drink less.I was super happy and proud of me, after 20 years smoking is that it was not difficult for me to leave it and going to the gym daily was like "But who is this girl? They have changed it."
Well, it turns out that my torture with glucose is being.Yesterday I had my first critical episode in 4 years, I went down the street and the sensor whistled in 59, at the minute I stopped and measured directly with the glucometer and I was in 40, I took a juice and a gluc-up glueAnd yet I kept going down, I started to get super nervous, my eyes clouded, I noticed that I was going to pass out, I stopped people on the street asking for help and saying "sugar, please", people tookcontagious or something ... I fell to the ground and they already gave me 2 envelopes of sugar, I was able to take them aware and I was gradually recovering.The fact is that of course, when I do sports and such because I have to click less insulin but today, that I was afraid of yesterday, I sulked super shortly before eating and still at the time again in 50. Well, ILike a chocolate bar (neither a cake nor anything, a bar) and at the time it was in 400 !!!I have been freaking out.He had never been so low or so high in 4 years.I don't know what to do anymore, I'm afraid to eat because it means clicking and I am lost.In the end, healthy life is going to kill me, hahahaha.I have endocrine on the 8th and I was all happy to tell her my new habits and now I'm going to cry.Anyway, I trust that my body simply has to get used to the changes and between the endocrine and I will adjust and learn again, but go weekly of scares, especially yesterday and today ...
Anyway, sorry for the sheet, I needed to tell it.
A hug.

sara_vice's profile photo
sara_vice
03/02/2024 7:47 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Friend @sara_vice:

The fact that you have started to make healthy life is good news.
If you have begun to take care of the diet and exercise it is normal for you to need less insulin than usual.And that is not good news but they are extraordinary news.
That means that you will have to reduce the units, little by little, do not make any madness, until you reach the point where you no longer give you those hypoglycemia.
How much will you have to reduce insulin?Well, everything that the body asks you.Until your levels are stabilized.
I would not worry about that rise of 4 grams.That was something punctual and responded without a doubt to the intake you did to replace yourself with the previous descent.Some foods are almost radioactive for diabetics and that bar looks at all of them.I feel fatal to me the fried boat.An empanadilla with that causes in me the same effect as the bar with you.
If you had some more experience in the control of your illness you would know that going down the insulin units are good news why you have to rejoice and not worry.
And so you can see that what I tell you is no nonsense, I know a diabetic who debuted will do about 20 years.It was obese, smoked, ate like a pig, etc ... the complete package.But here it was diagnosed with diabetes.His father was too and after a lifetime ignoring his illness he was already beginning to suffer the consequences.This kid made the decision to change his life, as you have done.
He went from the few initial units not to put anything at all.He currently controls his levels only with the diet and exercise, but he is periodically reviewed.And the best thing is that it has stayed as a sylph, but it is also true that with that the excuse was fucking that it was fat because it was "italic"> of broad constitution.: D: D: D.

THC's profile photo
THC
03/02/2024 8:24 p.m.

As they tell you, it is normal that you need much less insulin.In that the PQ sensor is super useful if you are pointing what you eat, the slow and fast insulin that you put on, the exercise you do and what time etc, (I imagine that you will have seen that in the freestyle application you can put all that) you canSee what food you need more or less insulin, when you usually lower you more etc
After exercising, depending on the type that you do, you can lower you, the effect of the exercise can last a lot of hours if it is aerobic, if it is anaerobic at first it can upload you to download later.
You will have to go down both the fast and the slow if you are exercising and limit the hydrates, you will acquire experience.
Faced with a descent, if you take you on the street, you feel wherever and recommend glucose tablets always in the pq bag they rise fair but do not give you a beastly bug of hyper fat.But if you don't have any.Cdo we are hungry and we eat everything so that it goes up quickly and then gives you a hyper beastial, you have to have a little patience for it takes a bit to climb.
And the last, telling you that you have a type 1 dB, therefore, you cannot do as what the previous user who referred to in friend with type 2 has told you, you will have to put insulin, more or less but always somethingbecause our pancreas does not produce it, if you eat few less hydrates and if you eat more, then, but something always.
Congratulations to decide to take care of yourself, you will rejoice and avoid many problems.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/02/2024 9:13 p.m.

meginer said:
and the latest, tell you that you have a type 1 dB, therefore, you cannot do as what the previous user told you, which referred to in friend with type 2,You will have to put insulin, more or less but always something because our pancreas does not produce it.

Good correction.I was so launched that it happened to me.

THC's profile photo
THC
03/02/2024 9:17 p.m.

Even if you don't look very good, every time you make a change in your life, whether for work or whatever, you will have imbalances.And with glucose the more perfect you are, the more hypoglycemia you will have.
It is only a matter of modifying the insulin doses and carrying candies or sugar on top.
I started many years ago as a child and I have seen many compis that ended very badly because of diabetes.Do not take care of a little toll.
You've taken a very good step.
Good luck 🍀

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
03/03/2024 8:27 a.m.

I have not had a problem, because with athletics, cycling and mountain I have always led a fairly controlled life.Hence my admiration for what, as is your case, you have decided to drastically change your way of life to avoid the almost safe problems with uncontrolled diabets and the passage of time.Congratulations.

Arse's profile photo
Arse
03/03/2024 6:28 p.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.