{'en': 'Insulin change to Toujeo', 'es': 'Cambio de insulina a toujeo'} Image

Insulin change to Toujeo

alexmelilla's profile photo   03/18/2024 7:20 p.m.

Good afternoon,
I have gone to the endocrine today and I have changed the Lantus for Toujeo and the novorapid has taken it away.
FIASP has sent me only if it is above 200 before the food,
I have a lot of doubt, with only the toujeo 20 you, you think that it will help me to eat a dish of legumes or other portions and have no peaks that sometimes came with the novorapid
Where do you put the toujeo?The doctor told me in abdomen
Greetings

alexmelilla's profile photo
alexmelilla
03/18/2024 7:20 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The toujeo is a slow flat, the only difference with the Lantus is that it lasts a little more, it is supposed to 24 hours.Although it never arrives.You will need about 5 days to stabilize with this insulin.
It does not help you to lower a choppy meal.That is why the fast insulins are.Anyway, what your pancreas seems like and you don't need hardly fast.
In his day I made the change and I do well.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
03/18/2024 11:01 p.m.

So do you recommend using novorapid and toujeo?

alexmelilla
03/18/2024 11:35 p.m.

@Alexmelilla, don't change them both at the same time.Start regulating the toujeo. That you wake up well.The toujeo does not digest hydrates, so I think you will also have to use fast.
With Toujeo you will have less hypos than with Lantus.
Between Fiasp and Novorapid there is not much difference.Fiasp is a little faster and lasts a little less.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/19/2024 12:04 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Good, what do you mean more stable?What will not lower me for example from 140 to 100?Is it going to be kept in 140 until among the novorapid?
By the way the endocrine has told me to put the toujeo in the abdomen.

alexmelilla
03/19/2024 1:07 a.m.

Well, very weird that.In the abdomen the quick ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
03/19/2024 9:42 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Alexmelilla said:
So you recommend using novorapid and toujeo?

I recommend that you do exactly what the doctor has told you, first you will regulate the Lantis if necessary and the rapid for the climbs.
Later you will see if you are always high after a meal, it may be necessary to put something quickly, before the food.Starting with a unit.
I think your doctor has indicated it very.In diabetes you have to go slowly.You can put the insulin on your arms, alternating the punctures so as not to prick sometimes in the same place.
The most important thing is to always put the slow time at the same time.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
03/19/2024 9:50 a.m.

Toujeo is put in the buttock, never in the abdominal zone.I change, every day in a slap :)
It is more stable, that is, it does not produce an abrupt drop at 3 hours like Lantus, if you lie with 120, you get up at an approximate value.It does not absorb excess of hydrates, that is, if it is a meal you pass a little with the hydrates and fats, the blood glucose will upload because it is flat, it does not give low hours.

If you go from 200 to insulin a fast as FIASP, I don't see it.I would get 1UD if I spend 160 and 2 units if I pass 200 before eating.That was my protocol when I debuted and that I had a pancreatic reservation.Then I stopped using fast insulin 18 months, when I stabilized.Only with the slow one I kept.But for that I always ate the same hydrates and thus had the slow oneFor variations in quantities, it is necessary quickly.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/19/2024 11:18 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

It seems very "heavy" to even consider that you reach a meal in 200.I think that entering over 120 you can imagine that the intake will get you out of rank, right?My advice is that you observe yourself, to see what happens to the guideline that the doctor has given you and then you will refine with a slightly more ambitious goal.
And Toujeo, in the buttock;The abdomen would reserve it for Hyper corrections.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
03/19/2024 1:59 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Good night, my experience with Toujeo has been the following.
I have put it at 10 in the morning in the abdomen, I have had breakfast and at 3h it has dropped from 170 to 130.
Breakfast has only uploaded 50.
From 5:00 p.m. to 7 p.m. I has lowered another 50 bone has gone from 160 to 110.

Then I have dinner and has barely climbed anything, after 7pm with the coffee and dinner snack it has remained without declines.

I have a doubt, when you put it in thigh or buttock, do not have those descents?But I don't understand why you want you to have no declines?When he arrives at his time, he will go down equally?

On the other hand, the endocrine told me that there is no formula to put insulin for each HC ... and I have found that 1 unit are 10hc in Spain and 15 in other countries.So if about 20gr of bread that are 10hc, could I make me 1 fast?

The other day I ate a normal salad and an iron sole and a few Arandanos, I got 2 of novorapid and it was the same or went up or down

alexmelilla
03/20/2024 3:18 a.m.

The descents with a slow flat without more difficult to detect, when lowering very slowly.You may not realize.
What you say about insulin and carbohydrates, can be valid for one person and for another.Each is different.
Do not worry a lot the values ​​you have put are perfect, the insulin always puts tea at the same time.
If you lose weight, you will have to lower the insulin a little and if you take weight you will have to raise it.
You go very well, keep it up.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
03/20/2024 8:10 a.m.

@Alexmelilla, you have found the guideline quickly, if it does not climb you after eating and lowers you a little, better.If you are fine at night, without hypoglycemia, you go very well.
You have to have your own insulin reservation and that's why you don't need quick.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/20/2024 1:54 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

@Alexmelilla you are on honeymoon.You may have to stop using the fast at a given time.
Toujeo has very little peak of action, you put it on it and its effect does not notice as with Lantus that at 3 hours lower the blood glucose.They usually recommend putting it at night and in the buttocks.

10 g of HC is a ration, then, before eating we calculate the rations and we put the fast insulin depending on what we eat and the starting value.
Being on honeymoon you will have to start with few units, for example, a 300G lettuce salad is 10GHC, that is, a ration, meat or fish is not counted and an orange of medium size approx 15 g HC.Total 25g = 2.5 rations.
If parts of 90 +1ud of novorapid and at 2 hours you are below 130. Carambola, perfect, your ratio is then 1: 2.5.
The ratios change according to the time of day and more factors.

The normal thing is that as you still have its own insulin, and if you do sports, do not have to use quickly in a season.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/20/2024 9:15 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Forgive, I think you get confused by person;)

Narciso's profile photo
Narciso
03/20/2024 9:18 p.m.

Yes, @narciso, I have already corrected it

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/24/2024 6:04 a.m.

Ok;)

Narciso's profile photo
Narciso
03/24/2024 8:45 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.