{'en': 'Insulin and post delivery', 'es': 'Insulina y post parto'} Image

Insulin and post delivery

EstefaniaBC32's profile photo   05/11/2024 8:12 a.m.

Hello good morning!

I lack a month and two weeks to give birth to my little one onay ❣️❣️ the truth that since I met his existence I had never taken care of me so much and took the diabetes so, in fact they took two fingers from the right foot almost aanus...

So I am very proud of the change I have made thanks to my son and the traumatic experience of the operation that also made me open my eyes ...

I wanted to ask women that you have had children, if you could explain how you changed insulin units after delivery.

I currently use about 29-31 US of Toujeo and Fiasp according to what the calculator marks with the ratios that I have marked today.

My endocrine has told me that after delivery I will have to lower these amounts by 30%.That is, if I get 31 from Toujeo, just after delivery I will have to go to 21ud.

He told me not to worry if the first days I have hyperglycemia but of course I do it.I don't think it's good in the post delivery recovery stage being hyperglycemia ...

Could you explain your experiences?

I also have another question ...

I continually have to modify toujeo, every 2 or 3 days I go up or under a unit depends the hypos that you have, I cannot achieve stability ...

My nurse says that this is normal, that it is an insulin that is modified every day but I see that here you write fixed values ​​so I do not understand if it should be so, but I fail to leave a fixed dose of this insulin ...

Thank you very much and greetings!

EstefaniaBC32's profile photo
EstefaniaBC32
05/11/2024 8:12 a.m.

Nunca es tarde para cuidarse... Empezando a aceptar la diabetes ahora.
33 años.
Diabética desde los 8 años.
Toujeo y Novorápid.
https://www.instagram.com/estefaniabc.27/

@Estefaniabc32: I can only help you with the toujeo.If you get up well, without nocturnal hypos, don't touch it.
If you get up high, open up and wait 3 days before making another change.
If you get up, go down, put it on and wait 3 days.
Keep in mind that if you go up the slow one, you may have to also adjust some rapid dose down and vice versa.
Once the child is born you will already adjust without having to worry as much as during pregnancy.
Courage you already have little!

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
05/11/2024 10:16 a.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

@Estefaniabc32 I'm very happy about your baby.I wish you good luck, that childbirth is good and Oona is healthy and happy in your arms.Congratulations!

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
05/12/2024 11:23 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

@Estefaniabc32
I can't help you because I haven't had children, but I congratulate you and I wish you the best.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/13/2024 12:15 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@Estefania, even if you have well adjusted the dose of Toujeo because you can spend the night without hypos and wake up well, you will not be able to avoid some hypers and hypers, but with the sensor you can catch them in time and correct them.
There are times that it is needed to increase, the days before the rule, but it is not normally modified as much as you say .. Toujeo works better with low meals in hydrates and usually need few hydrates if you tend to hiccups, not to have rebound.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/13/2024 8:38 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I can't tell you about the postpartum, I suppose it goes down gradual, as hormones go down, also breastfeeding will also make you lower the dose.You will see it day by day.Have caramelos, glucose, juices ...
The toujeo does not touch it so much, I prefer to climb fiasp in the meals and leave the toujeo on the days of menstruation or a lot of resistance in previous values.If I upload it, then I have hypos for the day.
The correct amount is the one that lifts you in normoglycemia and for the day does not make you hypos.

It is already little.Congratulations.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/13/2024 9:29 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

estefaniabc32 said:
good good morning!

I lack a month and two weeks to give birth to my little one onay ❣️❣️ the truth that since I met his existence I had never taken care of me so much and took the diabetes so, in fact they took two fingers from the right foot almost aanus...

So I am very proud of the change I have made thanks to my son and the traumatic experience of the operation that also made me open my eyes ...

I wanted to ask women that you have had children, if you could explain how you changed insulin units after delivery.

I currently use about 29-31 US of Toujeo and Fiasp according to what the calculator marks with the ratios that I have marked today.

My endocrine has told me that after delivery I will have to lower these amounts by 30%.That is, if I get 31 from Toujeo, just after delivery I will have to go to 21ud.

He told me not to worry if the first days I have hyperglycemia but of course I do it.I don't think it's good in the post delivery recovery stage being hyperglycemia ...

Could you explain your experiences?

I also have another question ...

I continually have to modify toujeo, every 2 or 3 days I go up or under a unit depends the hypos that you have, I cannot achieve stability ...

My nurse says that this is normal, that it is an insulin that is modified every day but I see that here you write fixed values ​​so I do not understand if it should be so, but I fail to leave a fixed dose of this insulin ...

Thank you very much and greetings!

Hi Estefania,
First of all, congratulations for your little one !!I had my Arnau 2 months ago and my endocrine told me to fall in half the doses during the 3 days after childbirth and then recover the pattern before pregnancy.The truth is that with the arrival of Arnau and the hormone chute I do not remember how I was the first 3 days, what I can tell you is that I still do not need as much insulin as before pregnancy because I give my chest, you will see that if you giveYou need the chest less insulin or eat more, I had some very beast hypos in the first days, so better to go carefully and not recover your pre-borazo pattern suddenly.
Take care of yourself and enjoy your baby!

Mireia's profile photo
Mireia
05/19/2024 4:41 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.