{'en': 'I need to get weight without raising sugar level', 'es': 'Necesito subir de peso sin subir nivel de azúcar'} Image

I need to get weight without raising sugar level

LD_AA's profile photo   04/12/2024 5:37 p.m.

Hello,
Lately I have been eating better, which has been immediately reflected when sugar measured me.The problem now is that I have lost too much weight that is not good either and I would like you to give me advice on what food I could eat without negatively impacting my sugar levels.Thank you.

LD_AA's profile photo
LD_AA
04/12/2024 5:37 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@LD_AA, you will have to increase hydrates and compensate them with fast insulin.., .. also depends on the slow one you use.There are slow, such as Lantus, who need more hydrates than the slower slow ones, but with Lantus you will be more risk of hypos.
I don't know what insulins you use, but you can increase hydrates on a first dish, pasta, legumes, if you control it quickly.Also the exercise to develop muscle will come well.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/13/2024 8:20 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

What @regina comments: More hydrates with the necessary fast insulin that covers them.

Diegoc's profile photo
Diegoc
04/13/2024 10:56 p.m.

Chocolate with more than 85%.It goes up little and fattens a lot.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
04/13/2024 10:58 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

It's about winning kilos in a healthy way.With chocolate as a resource I find it complicated.Better wheat, rice, corn and of course with control.

Diegoc's profile photo
Diegoc
04/13/2024 11:09 p.m.

Isabelbota said:
chocolate with more than 85%.Go up little and fattens a lot.

Don't bother!I consume it daily.I consider it my magnesium supplement 😁

ld_aa said:
hello,
Lately I have been eating better, which has been immediately reflected when sugar measured me.The problem now is that I have lost too much weight that is not good either and I would like you to give me advice on what food I could eat without negatively impacting my sugar levels.Thank you.

In addition to eating more you can exercise strength.With this you will gain muscle that is very dense.You will increase weight without being fatter and also the muscle consumes glucose at rest, so it is very convenient for us

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
04/13/2024 11:12 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

diegoc said:
It is about winning kilos in a healthy way.With chocolate as a resource I find it complicated.Better wheat, rice, corn and of course with control.

Let's see if I explain myself ...
I didn't mean swelling you.But pure chocolate, or almost, in small quantities, one or two ounces of dessert, as it makes salad, provides magnesium, potassium, antioxidants and more things.
And also calories.That's why I said it.

isabelbota
04/14/2024 8:21 a.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I would consult with the doctor before starting to eat aluration that will have an impact on your sugar levels, because weight loss can have some other cause

pindakaas's profile photo
pindakaas
04/14/2024 4:14 p.m.

I am type 2 diabetic, I take merformine, I don't know if it is fast or slow.The case was that in my last semiannual revision the sugar levels were shot and I also had as is obvious about weight.I live in England and the parameters are others, so I don't know what the equivalent of what you use in Spain would be.Here in England you should be between 20-40 and it came out 82. Since then, I set out to lower those sugar levels yes or yes and I started to measure carbohydrates.Since I started, most of the measurements I do behind meals are good and I have lost weight.And here my problem, I have lost too much weight and I have not found the key of what to eat without the new sugar measurements.I think I began to lose weight especially because when I started to measure the sugar more often, I realized that I did not need to be eating all the time, so I no longer make meals after 19 in the afternoon.When the next day I will work, not as anything until the moment of breakfast.So, for you to get an idea of ​​my situation, I have realized that without eating anything between 19 in the afternoon and 9 am the next day, the glucose levels remain correct.I thought I should be eating every x time to avoid hypos but it is not my case.And again, my problem now is how to recover some weight keeping the good results when I measure sugar.Thanks for your help, I hope that explained in more detail, you could give me better advise.

LD_AA's profile photo
LD_AA
04/14/2024 9:45 p.m.

ld_aa said:
I am diabetic type 2, I take merformine, I do not know if it is fast or slow.The case was that in my last semiannual revision the sugar levels were shot and I also had as is obvious about weight.I live in England and the parameters are others, so I don't know what the equivalent of what you use in Spain would be.Here in England you should be between 20-40 and it came out 82. Since then, I set out to lower those sugar levels yes or yes and I started to measure carbohydrates.Since I started, most of the measurements I do behind meals are good and I have lost weight.And here my problem, I have lost too much weight and I have not found the key of what to eat without the new sugar measurements.I think I began to lose weight especially because when I started to measure the sugar more often, I realized that I did not need to be eating all the time, so I no longer make meals after 19 in the afternoon.When the next day I will work, not as anything until the moment of breakfast.So, for you to get an idea of ​​my situation, I have realized that without eating anything between 19 in the afternoon and 9 am the next day, the glucose levels remain correct.I thought I should be eating every x time to avoid hypos but it is not my case.And again, my problem now is how to recover some weight keeping the good results when I measure sugar.Thanks for your help, I hope that explained in more detail, you could give me better advise.

Well, they have informed you badly, metformin is not like insulin, it does not give hypos, so you can forget that issue.
And all the tips that have given you more hydrates by putting you faster.
Go increasing a bit what you eat, without spending and you will recover the weight.But that after an analytics prove that you are at normal levels, that it is much better to be thin than you shoot levels with all possible consequences.

isabelbota
04/14/2024 10:19 p.m.

Thank you, my weight right now according to the ticket of the scale is perfect, but I have been going down week after week and I don't want to spend much to avoid deficiency problems of anything.It is true what you say about metformin and hypos, but on some occasion I had to eat something by whistling because I found that I was very low (it happened to me above all when I went out at night and returned home late and everything trembled) everything).Anyway, I will try to eat more but I already say that it is difficult for me to find the balance between portion-what that as I get the correct measurement.

LD_AA's profile photo
LD_AA
04/14/2024 10:42 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.