{'en': 'My first severe hypoglycemia (with ambulance included)', 'es': 'Mi primera hipoglucemia grave (con ambulancia incluida)'} Image

My first severe hypoglycemia (with ambulance included)

Madrileña91's profile photo   04/16/2024 12:43 p.m.

I never imagined that this would happen to me, especially because I know diabetic people of a lifetime to which it had never happened.

I also read you and I don't know how much this is normal, but I have suffered my first serious hypoglycemia and I hope it is the last one.It all started Friday around 8:00 p.m.

It is true that several hours had passed since the last meal and that I was out all afternoon, but as almost every day as and Ceno at the same time, he had not given him the slightest importance.

That day, suddenly, I began to find myself badly, dizzy and with extreme weakness.I sat in a La Gavia shopping center, to see if it happened to me ... but nothing.He was with two friends, who began to be scared because they said he was very pale.They took a picture to see me and literally had a green face.

As I did not carry a sensor and did not have the glucometer by hand, we were not sure if it was hypoglycemia, but just in case, one of them went to the closest restaurant on the top floor to ask me for a Coca Cola.

I drank some sips and nothing, I was still fatal, getting worse ... a man offered me a donut, but it was so bad that I couldn't even eat it.Opening my mouth cost me horrors due to the weakness I felt suddenly, a very rare feeling.

All this happened very fast, no more than 10 minutes passed, until I started seeing everything black and the next thing I remember was thrown on the floor with my legs high and a group of people around me.The security center of the mall were calling on the phone ...

At that time I was aware, but there are things that I do not remember, so I think I was unconscious at times for a few seconds, an inexplicable and very unpleasant feeling.The ambulance toilets arrived and the glucose quickly measured me, I was in 26, they measured it again and I was in 29 ...

They gave me a few glucose tablets and little by little I stabilized.I finished drinking the Coca Cola and that also helped me.Finally everything was in a scare, but now I have a tremendous fear ...

What happens if this happens to you, working, being alone with you?

My mother ... what a danger.

In addition, I have to say that there was something that I did not like, and all the people who witnessed the moment agreed.When the ambulance arrived and they knew that it was a possible hypoglycemia, they immediately put importance immediately.

They even seemed a bit annoying to have come to that notice when, according to them, in these cases, eating and drinking something was solved, as if it were normal to pass out in the shopping centers and we did not need their services ...

Sorry?

It is the first time that happens to me and it is normal for us to scare ourselves.In addition, we don't even call us, it was a insurance ...

Anyway ... no comments.

Has anyone happened to anyone?

Thank you!

Madrileña91's profile photo
Madrileña91
04/16/2024 12:43 p.m.

Diabetes Mody desde 2021, última HG 5,4

Jolín, what is the truth @"madrileña91" I do believe that something like this is a medical urgency, come on, that is no nonsense.But you should not take fear, this has happened to you once and does not have to happen again.What you should try is to always wear the sensor (or at least carry the glucometer).Just having reviewed the level of glycemia a little earlier, perhaps the rest could have been avoided.Don't you usually wear a sensor or how do you do it?

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
04/16/2024 12:50 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

Always carry glucose pills by hand and to measure you.But if you don't have to measure yourself and you are wrong, I think it is best to take glucose.To bad, it carries even a couple of sugar over, but never go out without rescue.

It would also be very good for your friends to know how to rescue you with glucagon if you can't chew or swallow.Nowadays it is in format to aspirate it via nasal, you don't even have to click, and you can save your life.

With respect to those of the ambulance, no comments.

I feel your experience, hopefully you don't live it again.

Greetings

Diegoc's profile photo
Diegoc
04/16/2024 12:52 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I always go out with sugar in my bag and if not, I ask for it in a bar.It is what raises the fastest next to Coca Cola or other soda with sugar.I don't measure me, I know when I'm ɓaja.And eat something that maintains it, because it goes down just as fast as it goes up.A cookie, or something small that keeps you the level.

If it happens to me to be 30 or 40 and have no symptoms, and sometimes with 65 be regulation.
I don't know when my body decides to show symptoms.In any case, with symptoms eat something, to rectify there is always time.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/17/2024 6:07 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Always, always, you have to wear glucometer and sugar or glucose.As soon as you notice the first symptom, measure and lush.And if you can't measure yourself at that time, at least two glucose pills or two sugar lumps, without wasting more time.If you need more, you already take it easy.
And the sensor warns you with enough time.
Nothing happens if you take those precautions.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/17/2024 7:03 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

What a scare.You know to again, if it happens to you, which is hypoglycemia, and you drink the Coca Cola of the pull ...
Don't you use a sensor?Well, you should ask for it.And meanwhile, always carries the glucometer, which does not weigh so much.
I carry a sensor and when I go hiking I also give the glucometer in my backpack, because the sensor can fail, start ... and exercise in the middle of the field it is very important to have the controlled topic.
Those of the ambulance ... no comments.They should not be good professionals, because those who are know that a serious hypoglycemia is very serious, it can take you to the other neighborhood.
But as they tell you, don't go to fear.It has been a lack of caution on your part, which you will see how it does not happen to you after this.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
04/17/2024 7:36 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Good morning, a good scare, but this creates learning, asks for a sensor or at least carries the glucometer on top, today they are very small and teach your friends to use it.Good reaction with normal Coca but also carries sugar.The symptoms you mention are totally normal with those glucose, much encouragement and do not scare yourself because this can happen and does not have to be repeated again.The ambulance, of course I don't know why they are paid

Vero83's profile photo
Vero83
04/17/2024 12:47 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.