{'en': 'About insulin', 'es': 'Sobre la insulina'} Image

About insulin

Chesana's profile photo   05/11/2024 2:21 p.m.

First of all, thanks to those who have responded to my presentation message.

The other day I was in consultation with the endocrine, and I asked him how much is the maximum insulin that I can put on, since right now I am in 14 U before breakfast and 36 before eating.The 36 or has a bit worried, because when taking corticosteroids for two years, there is no way to control the glucose, and when I get to dinner, I am always touching the 300.

Well, the endocrine response was not to worry, because there are people who get 300.

I don't know, he left me a little like that, because I believe in my ignorance that this is not an adequate response to give a patient.So I have to ask you: How many insulin can be considered "normal", taking corticosteroids?

Thanks for the help.Happy weekend.

Chesana's profile photo
Chesana
05/11/2024 2:21 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The one you need.Each one needs a different dose, and more when they are taken corticosteroids.You will have to raise insulin until you get into controlled values.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/12/2024 5:01 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Insulin uses are triggered with corticosteroids.The 300 I have never heard but I could ...
Go to the doctor and check the corticosteroid treatment, you can replace it.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/12/2024 9:39 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

He told you the truth, in my pharmacy I have had a diabetic patient with corticosteroid treatment, the feathers lasted just over a day.As you have responded, each person has some needs but being with that treatment, no insulin eschatimes, it is not a chemical but a hormone And its only adverse effect is precisely to lower glycemia.Well, and fat, but that's another story.

juanluis1957's profile photo
juanluis1957
05/19/2024 6:10 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.