{'en': 'Levemir insulin ... opinions?', 'es': 'Insulina Levemir... ¿Opiniones?'} Image

Levemir insulin ... opinions?

marine's profile photo   05/14/2024 5:42 p.m.

Hello good,

I would like to know how "good" is this basal insulin for those who do sports.

I have used Toujeo, Tresiba de Basal and both do not finish adjusting the day well.

Do you think it is a good option?

Tell me a little please!

Thank you!!

marine's profile photo
marine
05/14/2024 5:42 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Marine, the Levemir does not cover 24 hours, you would have to put it tomorrow and night.It is also not flat, it has a peak at 6 hours that will force you to drink hydrates ..
I think that from Toujeo to Levemir is a step back, you will have more hypoglycemia and you will be subject to more schedules.
But, as we are all different, maybe you are doing well.You can try and decide.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/14/2024 6:35 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

No perfect basal insulin.Because we do not need the same basal insulin, when we sleep, or we are relaxed at home, that when we are moving, working etc.
You have to look for tricks to arrive and it is not easy.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
05/14/2024 8:54 p.m.

I used it in two doses, 80% at night and 20% at 12 noon.
It peak at 4 hours or so.
Change to Toujeo because it is flatter and covers me 24h.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/14/2024 9:39 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Levemir: For me, insulin nightmare.
I think I am one of the very few cases in which it has caused allergy.
They changed my toujeo, to Levemir ... I left in the injection area at hours some incredible painful packages 😵‍💫
They took days to leave ... I endured 4-5 times ... and threeiba passed me, then Lantus .. now to Insulatard.

Everyone spoke to me wonders ... but for me it was a horror ...

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
05/14/2024 10:35 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

Good guys, thanks for answering.

The fact is that, my daily routine is to work in office tomorrow and part of the afternoon ... that is very sedentary and then about 20:00 I go to the gym and intense 1h which makes my need for basal at nightIt is reduced a lot, hence think of Levemir to adjust 2 sections of daily basal.

To make an idea, I could dine pizza without fast insulin ... I could go to 270 .. but dawned in 100.

That ... with threeiba, so look for alternative if there is.

marine's profile photo
marine
05/15/2024 8:35 a.m.

@msrine, that happened to my daughter with Tresiba.
With Toujeo it is better.
I do not know if you have tried Lantus in the morning, it can do well because the last hours acts less and you avoid a puncture.
But prove with Levemir, you don't lose anything

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/15/2024 4:22 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

I have tried I create all the analogues of slow, I think
The first one used was a levem, rose and rose dose and despite being every 12 h, I didn't get control, I had many climbs, I changed to Lantus, I spent many years with Lantus but suddenly and without knowing why, they started giving me hyposSevere nocturnal that I did not notice and had to come until 061 at home 2 times (before the existence of the sensors), with what is commented on the endocrine and changed myself immediately to Toujeo warning me that I would need more doses than with lantus, that was normal.I spent several months but no matter how much dose I did not get up with an acceptable range, I got to put 40 u cdo with lantus were 15 and nothing, I always got up to more than 160 so that I changed to threeiba again, with which I am I amnow.
Advantages that are very flat and of nocturnal hypos nothing, inconvenience that as it is so flat, with nothing that you spend in hydrates, especially at night, it does not cover it, it is fine for a low diet in HC.In the end I have adapted to her, I have tried to put it in the morning, at night and departure.In the end I have seen that as the best is going it is departure, although it is supposedly put once a day and the effect lasts up to 48 h, in me it is certainly not so and I am not overlapping, I have proven that my basal needs changeFrom morning to night and if I put it from once, I get out of control, I currently put 6 or in the morning and 8 in the afternoon about 7 (I need more at night paradoxically).
Each is a world the question is a lot to try the key.
I do sports around 7 in the afternoon if I don't work in the afternoon and it doesn't give me no night.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
05/15/2024 5:25 p.m.

Yes, each one is a world.Lifestyle, sports, hormones, metabolism ...
Try and find what goes best.
Now there are options.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/15/2024 6 p.m.

meginer said:
I have tried I create all slow analogues, I think
The first one used was a levem, rose and rose dose and despite being every 12 h, I didn't get control, I had many climbs, I changed to Lantus, I spent many years with Lantus but suddenly and without knowing why, they started giving me hyposSevere nocturnal that I did not notice and had to come until 061 at home 2 times (before the existence of the sensors), with what is commented on the endocrine and changed myself immediately to Toujeo warning me that I would need more doses than with lantus, that was normal.I spent several months but no matter how much dose I did not get up with an acceptable range, I got to put 40 u cdo with lantus were 15 and nothing, I always got up to more than 160 so that I changed to threeiba again, with which I am I amnow.
Advantages that are very flat and of nocturnal hypos nothing, inconvenience that as it is so flat, with nothing that you spend in hydrates, especially at night, it does not cover it, it is fine for a low diet in HC.In the end I have adapted to her, I have tried to put it in the morning, at night and departure.In the end I have seen that as the best is going it is departure, although it is supposedly put once a day and the effect lasts up to 48 h, in me it is certainly not so and I am not overlapping, I have proven that my basal needs changeFrom morning to night and if I put it from once, I get out of control, I currently put 6 or in the morning and 8 in the afternoon about 7 (I need more at night paradoxically).
Each is a world the question is a lot to try the key.
I do sports around 7 in the afternoon if I don't work in the afternoon and it doesn't give me no night hypo.

Hello good,

The first basal I had was Toujeo, I did not manage to hit the dose, if during the day I was fine, at night the tendency to hypo was constant ... I got to get 40ui.

The endocrine himself told me that if this passed the solution was Tresiba and so it was, I started with 26 a thing that is appreciated because in the end so much insulin slope makes a lump ...

But before stopping using Tresiba, it was already for 44 units .... that climb in a matter of 1 year of use, which caught my attention.

Right now I am ICSI patient, the Medtronic 780G and I have been convincing me since November 2023, but I am not convincing me and I am considering how the return will be taking into account that with the exercise ...

The nights were still a disaster ...

marine's profile photo
marine
05/15/2024 6:08 p.m.

With the hormones for ICSI you will have a guyvive.I made myself 3 without being diabetic then.The last treatment was already diabetic and the endocrine changed me to Levemir that it was safer than Lantus (it was the one used from debut).
Being in 2 sections, you control more but you have to take into account its peak of action.It gives tremendous dances.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/15/2024 10:02 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.