{'en': 'Can there be hypos without active insulin?', 'es': 'Puede haber hipos sin insulina activa?'} Image

Can there be hypos without active insulin?

ToniLucia's profile photo   04/27/2024 1:36 p.m.

Hello everyone as I commented in the welcome post my daughter who debuted in December uses very little insulin, and I wanted to give you the example today.It does not carry slow insulin and we have put at 8.00h 1 fast unit for breakfast.

And we get it, we have made the capillary and it was indeed in 68.
Without active insulin, can hypoglycemia have?
Thank you all !!!

ToniLucia's profile photo
ToniLucia
04/27/2024 1:36 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

To all this has crossed out with some that if there are Mallorcans around here they will know that there are typical Mallorcan cookies about 15gr of patatillas and a 0% actimel

ToniLucia
04/27/2024 1:37 p.m.

All insulins have a little maximum effect and then goes down.That hypo is of the morning fast even if it is only 1 units.
Do not put you fast, your daughter is on a honeymoon.You will have to see how it evolves and the insulin that is needing.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
04/27/2024 2:15 p.m.

Already, but and if it puts in the clouds?Cole's days, not always but before an actimel is taken, because it is short, but it is perfect for days.Like meals as we have been in the morning we put half or nothing.
This is what you say is on honeymoon.And that it lasts a lot :)
Greetings

ToniLucia
04/27/2024 2:24 p.m.

Being on honey Monday, its pancreas secretes insulin and joins the effect of the exogenous.
Do not put insulin and see whether at 2 hours of having eaten below 140 or not.
If it is high, you then put 0.5 units and check that it does not enter hip.Junior insulin goes on average.
When we put insulin later, to compensate, we call it rectify.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/27/2024 2:56 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

tonilucia said:
hello everyone as I commented in the welcome post my daughter who debuted in December uses very little insulin, and I wanted to give you the example today.It does not carry slow insulin and we have put at 8.00h 1 fast unit for breakfast.

Thank you all !!!

That day he had too much fast insulin.I would try 1/2 unit and give it for breakfast for several days to know if with that 1/2 unit it is fine.
By the way and without offending, giving it "patatilla" for breakfast is not a very "healthy" food ...

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
04/27/2024 3:52 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

It was not breakfast the patatillas !!About 12h snack with the Fuet.

ToniLucia
04/27/2024 5 p.m.

Hi @Tonilucia, my son debuted in November.
I think you would have to call the pediatric endocrine unit and tell him this.

Thus, they will be able to see the sensor data and modify the guideline, or failing to help you with some change in the food pattern

If it serves you, to us, I think it is the fifth change of guideline that they have made from the debut ... little to Poc: Smiley:

ballbrk's profile photo
ballbrk
04/27/2024 5:24 p.m.

tonilucia said:
hello everyone as I commented in the welcome post my daughter who debuted in December uses very little insulin, and I wanted to give you the example today.It does not carry slow insulin and we have put at 8.00h 1 fast unit for breakfast.

Thank you all !!!

I don't know very well if you mean the first descent or the second.
In the first what I see is that there has not been enough waiting time.The food has risen before, and has made peak (not serious) and then hits the downturn when insulin makes its effect and maybe there was no food left to compensate.
The second, since it is a girl and moves, can be the effect of burning glucose and that is why it goes down.
I would try to put half at breakfast and above all, wait a little more since you click to eat.To try to match the insulin action peak with that of glucose.That has cost me a lot of trial time error.He had breakfast, was peak and then went down very fast.Now I wait 30 minutes since I shed (sometimes up to 40) and there is no longer that peak or the subsequent descent.
It's a matter of trying different things.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
04/27/2024 7:36 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

My daughter was with whickeets all the first month, we were rookies to change guidelines, but they learn.You can adjust fast units.Anyway 68 is not hiccy yet.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/27/2024 8:48 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.