{'en': 'Freestyle sensor and severe hypo detection', 'es': 'Sensor Freestyle y detección hipo grave'} Image

Freestyle sensor and severe hypo detection

vigante92's profile photo   05/20/2024 8:21 p.m.

Hello, I want to ask you a question, I will see I will live alone and well I have always had respect for the subject of hypoglycemia, many years ago (when there were no sensors and long before its appearance) I had a very severe hypo, of those of thoseThat they make you convulse, do not notThey are not usually given since we have the sensors and as long as all this is good we can avoid them, what do you think?Can I go to live alone quietly?(I am obliged to go for labor subject) Thank you !!

vigante92's profile photo
vigante92
05/20/2024 8:21 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @Valante92 I understand your fear ... that is based on your bad experience.
But the sensor is a great help in this regard.You can put the alarm to be pending both hiccups and hyper.However, you can scan provided you have doubts, or every so often and so you are getting quieter ...
And at night, I imagine that it is the greatest of your fears, until you take confidence, put the alarm clock and you check how the graphic ... have the tlfn.On the table ...

Sometimes when I stay alone, I feel that fear ... especially if it starts to give me a hiccup that a little more acute ... but little by little.We can also pass anything not related to diabetes ... understand me.
To some bad, if you were very bad at any time, then call a neighbor ...
But surely everything is going well!Cheer up, of course you can!

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
05/20/2024 10:58 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

Yes, thank you very much Silvia, I really have it configured that way and I have been with him for about 2 years, but of course I have not had to live only so far, and if that fear is for a bad experience, until that dayI never had that respect for hypos, but I think that today with the sensors it is much more difficult than that case and that we do not have time to react, whether it is to take a cocacola or what we take and if thatIt is wrong to warn the neighbor or someone, what I mean, I think it gives us much more margin of response and of his position much less anxiety when he is alone and I do not suddenly catch you in the sofa as I happen to me in histime..

vigante92
05/20/2024 11:13 p.m.

@Valante92, with the sensor alarm you can sleep well.Put a juice on the table in case you wake up and you don't need to get up for food.
I do not know what insulin you use, but with toujeo or threeiba the hypos go back right away.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/21/2024 6:23 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I have not had that bad experience but I have lived alone, as soon as I debut and I have traveled alone for work, 15 days outside and caught my pandemic.My biggest problem was not the hypo, it was to get insulin, I had not taken me more than 2 vials of each and that did not know how much it lasted.(I came repatriated at the end)

Sensors whistle a horror.I have sugar, water, juice, etc.Nothing has never happened to me and you can be conservative and take something in 80, so you sleep calm and rest.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/21/2024 6:33 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello Regina, I use threeiba and fiasp, and if the three well adjusted, even badly adjusted, it goes back well, in my case that serious hypo I spend with lantus ..Vaya ruthbia that if it is a bad time 2 roads and outside of Spain withthe pandemia .. what a bad time ... go only of ofu another challenge hahaha but if thank you very much I am already seeing it in another way all thank you very much

vigante92
05/21/2024 8:21 a.m.

@Valante92
I live alone since I debuted and well, I think that nothing will happen with the sensor.In 3 and a half years I have had two nights of Gordo downturn (35 in glucometer) but I woke up with how bad I felt, what gives me peace of mind because my fear was that sleeping did not find out and of course you find out, because you wake uphow bad you feel.
The issue is that in my case it gave so many false alarms for the crushing of the sensor that sometimes ignored and those times "the wolf came", as in the story.
You can see that I have managed to sleep without crushing it and it hardly happens to me.
You calm that today we have means so that nothing happens to us.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/21/2024 9:23 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I am now in the office at 37 of glycemia and without symptoms.The Diabox in 40 (I have reset it thinking that the sensor had been barefoot again), and no, the capillary to 37, while FreeLink in 60 and the free reader in 59.

As to trust.Luckily the machine with milk from the machine has a lot of lactose.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/21/2024 11:57 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@isabelBota Ay if when it begins to give false alarms by crushing it is a pain, but it better not disconnect it, so everything is given that the sensor prevents us from reaching that point of severe hicc asI calibrate it, because if it were for the freestyle ... I get the alarm of the hypo when on the ground 🤣🤣, to see if they change us to the freestyle 3 that say that allows you to calibrate it and it is much more reliable.

vigante92
05/21/2024 12:27 p.m.

@Valante92: Maybe this publication can help you:
Link

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
05/21/2024 1:22 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

@Ricki21 Grande Serafín, I have followed it for a long time and I never saw that post, thanks!

vigante92
05/21/2024 1:37 p.m.

in force92 said:
@isabelbota ay if when it begins to give false alarms by crushing it is a pain, but better not to disconnect it, then everything we are afraid that the sensor prevents us from reaching that point of hiccupsSerious, @ruthbia I mainly listen to the Diabox that for that for that, because if it were for the freestyle ... I get the alarm of the hypo when it is on the ground 🤣🤣, to see if they change us to the freestyle 3They say it allows you to calibrate it and it is much more reliable.

Well, the calibration of 3 is new, then ... because I tried one at Christmas and could not be calibrate ...

cgs's profile photo
cgs
05/21/2024 10:27 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

in force92 said:
@isabelbota ay if when it begins to give false alarms by crushing it is a pain, but better not to disconnect it, then everything we are afraid that the sensor prevents us from reaching that point of hiccupsSerious, @ruthbia I mainly listen to the Diabox that for that for that, because if it were for the freestyle ... I get the alarm of the hypo when it is on the ground 🤣🤣, to see if they change us to the freestyle 3They say it allows you to calibrate it and it is much more reliable.

No, if I don't disconnect it.But when you throw a night playing and it is a lie, then if you really do not believe it and what happens ... (like Pedro's story and the wolf)

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/21/2024 10:37 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@CGS does not forgive, I have said very sure what can be calibrated, a friend told me thatit can't be done.

vigante92
05/22/2024 10:18 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.