{'en': 'I introduce myself', 'es': 'Me presento'} Image

I introduce myself

Chesana's profile photo   05/07/2024 1:37 a.m.

Good night.My name is Chesana and I am new (or almost) in this diabetes.I had been diagnosed for 3 years, although until two rare diseases in 2022 and for having to take corticosteroids, everything has not been complicated.For a few months I am in the hands of the endocrine, but realizing my lack of information, and looking, I found this forum.I've been reading you for days.

The sensor has put me more than a week ago, whose first change to me for me (alone) will be on May 9 ... and I am worried.

I have read here that the social sec. It gives the 3M Tegaderm dressings, something that has surprised me to read, because the nurse told me that I had to buy them ... something that I have already done (a fortune).

I recognize that my ignorance is total, first because doctors seemed not to give more importance to my diabetes, until I have already said, for the corticosteroids, I put myself at levels of 400-550 ... not sending me to the endocrine until a few months ago.He has seen me 3 times and now how he can't do anything until I stop taking corticosteroids (textual) I will not return to consultation until October (???).I feel completely abandoned ... and very worried.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself, and in the end I have almost told you my life (I smile).Thanks for the patience.

Chesana's profile photo
Chesana
05/07/2024 1:37 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @chesana welcome.
Ask everything you need ... it's normal for you to be lost.In the background we are all a little, although we lead all our lives.

Because of the sensor, you'll see that it is super easy.There are even youtube videos of children who make it alone.You'll see how it finds little by little!

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
05/07/2024 9:48 a.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

Welcome!
If you have been reading for some time, you will have seen that it is easy to put on a sensor.Moreover, we paid them and with Abbott's instructions we have put them without problems.
In my case, I do not cover the sensor with anything and do not take off.

Taking corticosteroids you will need a lot of insulin, quiet, when you leave them, in 2 days you will lower the dose a lot.
Do not hesitate to ask ourselves, we are here to help us.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/07/2024 12:22 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@CHESANA: Welcome
In this video they explain how to put the sensor.To get well stuck I clean my skin with alcohol and let it dry before applying the sensor
Link

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
05/07/2024 12:58 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

I don't use anything to pay for it either, simply alcohol to clean the area well and do some pressure when putting it so well glued ... as if you were hitting anything 😃.
With corticosteroids, more insulin.There is no other, it happened to me too.
And very careful when you leave it because they can give you fat hypos, if you don't lower insulin doses.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
05/11/2024 12:19 p.m.

Hello everyone.I am 63 years old and they diagnosed me diabetes 5. They told me that it was type 2, but now it turns out that it is lada, although it is not fully confirmed either.For a month I am insulin.At the beginning a bit complicated, but I'm already letting go, little by little.Enchanted to share experiences and that you can clarify doubts.All the best.

AntonioGallardo's profile photo
AntonioGallardo
05/11/2024 8 p.m.

@CHESANA, even if you are taking corticosteroids, you cannot be with those values.
Go back to the doctor.Don't leave it like that until October.You will have to raise the dose of insulin.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/12/2024 4:58 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.