{'en': 'Continuous glucose meters for people with type 2 diabetes', 'es': 'Medidores Contínuos de Glucosa para personas con diabetes tipo 2'} Image

Continuous glucose meters for people with type 2 diabetes

fer's profile photo   05/12/2024 5:46 p.m.

Family doctors may prescribe continuous glucose meters to patients with type 2 diabetes who are insulin -dependent and who need intensive management of their condition.

These devices are a revolutionary tool in the management of diabetes because they allow to measure glucose in real time without the need for frequent capillaries.Imagine not having to click your finger several times a day.On the other hand, a small sensor in your body will constantly provide you data on your glucose levels, alerting yourself with high and low, and even allowing you to provide fluctuations before they occur.

The ability to continuously monitor glucose is not only a matter of comfort;It is a deeply effective way to keep diabetes under control, reducing the risk of long -term complications.In addition, these devices can connect to mobile and web applications, which allows sharing glucose profile information with relatives or your medical team, facilitating more collaborative and proactive health management.

This measure opens the door to a better quality of life for approximately 14,400 more people within our community, adding to the more than 14,300 people with type 1 diabetes that already benefit from this technology.The investment of the health administration in these devices is considerable, but the impact they can have on daily life and in the long -term health of people with diabetes is invaluable.

It seems to me a notion! If something can help improve our glycemic control is to be able to monitor it, in type 1 diabetes it was a revolution and I am convinced that it will also help and a lot to people with type 2.

I encourage you to consult with your family doctors about the possibility of using these devices and to inform you more about how they can facilitate more precise and less invasive control of diabetes.

Greetings and take great care.Let's keep advancing together towards better health management!

fer's profile photo
fer
05/12/2024 5:46 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

My doctor has been looking to see if there was any way to give me the sensors when having asymptomatic hypoglycemia since I took Rybelsus and nothing, or insulin -dependent or end at least 3 times in emergencies and entered a minimum of 48 hours by theHypoglycemia in a year ... So nothing, to keep paying ...

cgs's profile photo
cgs
05/12/2024 6:48 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

cgs said:
my doctor has been looking to see if there was any way that the sensors were given me when having asymptomatic hypoglycemia since I took Rybelsus and nothing, or insulin -dependent or end at least at least3 times in the emergency room and entered a minimum of 48 hours due to hypoglycemia in one year ... So nothing, to continue paying ...
>

Change doctor

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
05/12/2024 6:51 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

diabetic said:
cgs said:
my doctor has been looking to see if there was any way to give me the sensors when they have the asymptomatic hypoglycemiaSince I take Rybelsus and nothing, or insulin -dependent or end at least 3 times in the emergency room and entered a minimum of 48 hours due to hypoglycemia in a year ... So nothing, to continue paying ...

Change doctor

I assure you that it is not my doctor's thing, by the way, where she is only she.He is a good doctor and worries (in fact he got, after fighting a lot, to authorize me the Rybelsus), but not being insulin -dependent or fulfill the other criterion because I pay them I do not send them to me.At least he has tried ... which I cannot say about the endocrine that has seen me 2 times in five years and that he told me that it was type 2 diabetic because I wanted and had eaten many sweets and taken many soft drinks in my childhood.

cgs's profile photo
cgs
05/12/2024 6:55 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

It depends on each community.Andalusia goes to the head with type2, but in many CCAA they are still only for type1.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/12/2024 8:28 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.