{'en': 'How to keep the roller coray and glucose peaks at bay?', 'es': '¿Cómo mantener a raya la montaña rusa y los picos de glucosa?'} Image

How to keep the roller coray and glucose peaks at bay?

fer's profile photo   05/12/2024 6:13 p.m.

Those of us who live with diabetes know perfectly what it costs to control glucose peaks and their impact on our daily lives.There is no roller coaster in the world that equals the amount of ups and downs that we live in a week.

Although many people associate glucose peaks exclusively with diabetes, it is important to know that they are a phenomenon that we all experience, depending on our diet and lifestyle.

Glucose peaks occur when blood sugar levels rise quickly after consuming food rich in rapid absorption carbohydrates, such as white bread, cookies, fried potatoes or paste.They can also be caused by stress situations.Although it is a normal physiological process, when they occur they can often have serious consequences.

In the short term, glucose peaks can cause sudden cravings, problems to concentrate, lack of energy and poor sleep quality.These effects can not only affect our day to day, but also our long -term health.Over time, the continuous response of the pancreas to these peaks - producing large amounts of insulin - can lead to pancreatic overload, reducing its ability to produce insulin efficiently.

This cycle can lead to insulin resistance, a condition where body cells become less sensitive to insulin.This is especially worrying because it can trigger the development of type 2 diabetes and increase the risk of cardiovascular diseases and other chronic health problems.

The good news is that there are ways to handle and mitigate the effects of glucose peaks:

1. Choose low glycemic foods: opt for foods that cause a gradual increase in blood glucose, such as non -starchy vegetables, whole fruits, legumes and whole grains.

2. Includes soluble fibers in your diet: present in oatmeal, legumes, fruits and vegetables, these fibers help slow down the absorption of glucose.

4. Keep regular intervals between meals: eating at fixed hours can help keep glucose levels stable.

5. Control carbohydrate portions and consider the balance of your meals to avoid excessive intakes of rapid carbohydrates.

6. Your physical activity increases: regular exercise helps improve blood glucose control and maintain healthy weight.

7. Keep adequate hydration: drinking enough water is essential to help regulate blood sugar levels.

8. Moder the consumption of processed foods and simple sugars to avoid unnecessary peaks.

I hope this information is useful and encouraged to adopt habits that favor more effective glucose control.Remember, small changes can have a great impact on our general health and well -being.

Together we can better handle our health and improve our quality of life!

Greetings,

fer's profile photo
fer
05/12/2024 6:13 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

To handle the peaks you have to have cold blood: act with head because it is very easy to overcome and go to hyper if you rescue more in a hiccup or to hypo if you correct more a high blood glucose.
It is easy to say it, but when you are in hiccup, your brain does not work 100% and the stress of the situation can lead you to take more hydrates than necessary.The minutes it takes for glycemia to normalize are eternal, it is a bad time.
The hyper also has theirs.I prefer to be conservative and correct twice if it is necessary instead of provoking a downturn by excess of rapid.
Anyway, the tips of the article are very good, but the reality is that you cannot always maintain that routine.The important thing is to know how to face and successfully manage glucose deviations when they occur.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
05/12/2024 11:06 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Tonight I have had a low glucose downturn, which I have not seen.It had been almost two months since I had any.Suddenly I have started feeling bad, and all often heat ... sweat ... and tremors (the latter literally kills me because it prevents me from setting a solution).I have a sensor (thankfully, because the last descent that I had as soon as I could put the strip in the glucometer): I had 71 (2 months ago I got to measure 42), it was not too little but my body has become bad.And it is true that all that prevents you from thinking clearly.And the worst thing is that I don't know why it has lowered me so much, so quickly and so suddenly.

Chesana's profile photo
Chesana
05/19/2024 5:12 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.