{'en': 'Insulin and blood puncture', 'es': 'Pinchazo insulina y sangre'} Image

Insulin and blood puncture

DiabetesForo's profile photo   05/27/2024 7:51 p.m.

I don't know if it happened to you on some occasion, when you put the fast insulin dose in your belly, sometimes a little blood comes out once the needle is removed, the doubt is, in that case some amount of insulin that comes out withthe drop of blood ??In that case, would you be putting less amount indicated in the ball ???
I don't know how you carry it

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/27/2024 7:51 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

A drop always comes out when the needle remoces the pressure difference.
Nothing happens, or just in the abdomen, also in arms, legs or buttocks

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/27/2024 8:23 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Blood does not always come out, only if any capillary catches, but it is assumed that if you make the corresponding wait, nothing should happen.I have well noticed anything special when it happened to me (which have been rarely).

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/27/2024 8:59 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Sometimes ... if you click on a capillary the action of insulin can be faster ...
When I pass ... I'm doing a "tracking" with the sensor ...

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
05/28/2024 11:20 a.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

It happens to me very occasionally.And of those, it once happened to me that insulin acts meteorically.So as Silvia says, when I see blood I put myself in a state of alarm just in case and watch the graph closely.

Mikel01's profile photo
Mikel01
05/28/2024 1:31 p.m.

In "First diabetes" I click the slow in the thigh, below recommended, a fat drop of blood came out and at the time, I had a large hypo, those that you see lucecitas, brutal mental confusion and took a long time to trace.He left me as if I had hit a truck.If it is with the fast, then look, less waiting time, but with the slow one you can organize a mess.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
05/29/2024 1:11 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

I must have bad luck and it happens to me quite frequently.I have never noticed that I have much less effect.What usually happens is that I simply get a moraton that goes to the days.On some occasions it happened to me to have insulin effect very fast and I give me a hicc as a hicc as minutes.Every time I get blood I suffer because I fear the immediate hypo.Whenever this happened to me it has been when clicking on my thigh.I never remember what happened to me in the gut

ToniEC's profile photo
ToniEC
06/02/2024 6:11 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.