{'en': 'Possible insulin substitute for type 1 diabetes?', 'es': '¿Posible sustituto de la insulina para diabetes tipo 1?'} Image

Possible insulin substitute for type 1 diabetes?

fer's profile photo   04/15/2024 10:36 a.m.

New advances in the treatment of type 1 diabetes could be approaching a possible cure.

According to Dr. Marta Vives-PI, of the Germans Trias I Pujol Research Institute in Badalona, ​​the challenge of healing type 1 diabetes is getting closer.Dr. Vives-PI and her team are exploring combinations of immunomodulatory strategies and regenerative medicine to combat the disease.

Immunotherapy, which allows us to manipulate our immune system to increase, modulate or suppress immune responses, is showing being a promising way to suppress the autoimmune response characteristic of this condition.This approach focuses on deactivating self -agent T lymphocytes that play a central role in the destruction of beta cells insulin producers.

In addition, new drugs and other innovations are being developed such as cellular therapies, nanomedicine and autoantigenic peptides, which are currently in phases of clinical trials.The most important thing now, according to Dr. Vives-Pi, is to ensure that these treatments are safe and effective without causing significant side effects.

In another front, Dr. Antonio J. Amor Fernández of the Clinic Barcelona Hospital, highlights the advances in pancreas transplantation, especially in those patients suffering from terminal renal failure.While these transplants are relatively rare, they have shown having a significant impact on the quality of life and the long -term prognosis of patients.

Although all this study seems very promising, it is not the first time that we read something like that, so my skepticism in this regard is more than justified, however, I continue to support the investigation in the hope that one day we do have the desired "cureof diabetes ".

And what do you think?

Does anyone see it more optimism or pessimism?

Greetings,

fer's profile photo
fer
04/15/2024 10:36 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I started in 85. I hear this a couple of times a year.
The only thing I am clear is that this is a super business and that it will not be cured until the remedy is so easy to do, that someone can do it in the garage of their home.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
04/15/2024 10:56 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

To understand that it would be necessary to be almost scientific, but I understand that everything it is to study on the subject and open new research lines is not bad, I think it is quite important that there are scientists who continue to investigate until something is really worth

Algameca's profile photo
Algameca
04/15/2024 11:54 a.m.

I am satisfied that technology is improving until a totally autonomous bomb is reached that guarantees good control.
And that treatments are advancing in complications.
Treatments will also arrive to prevent children from debuting as soon: immunosuppressants and vaccines.
And islet implants... And who knows if intelligent insulins.
There is a lot of research and everything progresses, although it seems too slow.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/16/2024 4:52 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

We see it with great optimism ...

TheMechanik's profile photo
TheMechanik
04/20/2024 8:22 p.m.

Papa de una niña de 8 años con DM1
Debut 26/07/23
Abasalgar y Humalog junior.
Freestyle Libre 2
Cada dia aprendemos algo nuevo.

Between optimism and pessimism I still opt for the first

Garci's profile photo
Garci
04/21/2024 12:43 p.m.

I don't know, what I see is many R&D and "Hype" projects to continue giving them funds, but really zero pattero practical results.100 % of the living type 1 diabetics are with the "orthopedic" infusion pump or retarded insulin solutions, supported by sensors, in ASA open or closed loop.The rest are dead.

I don't see much proven progress, really.Well, the sensors and bombs are not doing badly.Orthopedic, but good ..

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
04/28/2024 6:36 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.