{'en': 'Child insulins', 'es': 'Insulinas niño'} Image

Child insulins

ann's profile photo   05/16/2024 6:10 p.m.

Good morning,

My name is Maria and my son is 7 years old, he has been with diabetes for a year.The insulins we use are Levemir and Humalog.The problem is that I fail to maintain their stable sugar levels: or go down or rise too much.

I would like them to share a little of their experience.The problem is that two hours after injecting insulin to eat, the sugar goes up, and before it goes down.From what I have read, I should climb in the first 1.5 hours and then go down, but in our case it is the other way around.When I manage less insulin, go down a little and then rise again, and I have to correct the dose.

I have tried pauses, with different doses and many times I do not get it.Any advice or experience?

Should insulins change?Our doctor does not help at all.

ann's profile photo
ann
05/16/2024 6:10 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@ann, stability does not exist, as much as it can be done is to control.
The most important thing is that the nights are calm, with the least possible hypos, but that is not lifted above 180
That insulin Levemir is quite difficult because it peak at 6 hours and is not very controllable.
I guess when I grow up a little more, it will happen to more stable insulins, such as Lantus, or better toujeo or threeiba., that last 24 hours.
But, to snack, I would also need quickly.

If you get glycosylated less than 7, you can be calm.
Little by little .There is also the pump option, which can go very well.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/16/2024 11:17 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello we use Humalog and Abasaglar
My son is 6 years old since November has diabetes
He debuted with 14% at 3 months 6.7 and now he is 6.4.It is difficult to stabilize a child but with this we are doing well for the moment

ballbrk's profile photo
ballbrk
05/19/2024 12:10 p.m.

You can, adjust the doses.That is normal.
If the doctor sees that with that insulin does not go well, he will change it to another.
Another way of adjusting is changing the amount of rations of meals.There is no problem because instead of lunch 6 rations, 5 and in the snack one of more ... to give an example.
But there is an important thing you have to understand.Diabetes is not an exact science, it varies a lot throughout life.The more practical and more knowledge, the better the control will be.But it will never be perfect.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
05/20/2024 2:17 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.