{'en': 'Eat paella and control glucose', 'es': 'Comer Paella y controlar la glucosa'} Image

Eat paella and control glucose

SARAINUEVA's profile photo   06/05/2024 10:53 p.m.

Any "trick" to eat paella without those climbs?

I punctu 8 Novorapid units before eating the paella, at the time I have it well 150 approx ... but later, when 1.5 h or 2 hours have passed ... bum!220 mg/dl!

PORFA TIPS.

Thank you

SARAINUEVA's profile photo
SARAINUEVA
06/05/2024 10:53 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You will have to put two fast doses.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/06/2024 1:25 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

With rice you have to put insulin on demand because it takes many hours to metabolize.Rapid insulin does not cover the 6-8 hours that it takes to process the rice.
It is a food for special occasions for the insulin effort it requires.
The last time I ate rice I insulin every 2 hours from 3 in the afternoon until 11. I didn't have dinner.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/06/2024 6:26 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I some paella like on Sundays.
I punctu my unds.corresponding with respect to the rations you are going to eat.
And at 2h I monitor me.If I go a little, I justify myself more ... because I know that "in crescendo" goes.And then again at 2h and if necessary, then another adjustment or go for a walk ...

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
06/06/2024 8:52 a.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

@Sarainueva thing is that you use an extra bolus of insulin from 2 hours as @regina said, I at least what I did before the pump, not only with the paella, if not with other "powerful" meals.

fer's profile photo
fer
06/06/2024 10:57 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I mean clicking 2 unid of fast after 2 hours right?

SARAINUEVA
06/06/2024 3:04 p.m.

regina said:
you will have to put two doses quickly.

Two doses at 2 hours?

SARAINUEVA
06/06/2024 3:05 p.m.

No no!!!

One before eating, as you normally do, then you look at how you are at 2 hours and calculate a correction bolus.

It is very important that it calculates well, better to fall short than to pass by, in the forum there are several issues that explain, I look for them and I pass it to you @sarainueva

fer's profile photo
fer
06/06/2024 3:59 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Sarainueva said:
regina said:
you will have to put two fast doses.

Two doses at 2 hours,?

It will depend on your sensitivity.If these to 280 can be 3 or 4 units

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/06/2024 4 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Sarainueva: Before making a correction you have to know how much an insulin unit lowers you.If you put insulin without taking into account this factor you can get a good disgust.
Link

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
06/06/2024 7:03 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

In my case, I forgive the bun from the coscorrón.What works for me, although I know that it is a sacrilege and mortal sin, if you eat at home is: I put my ration in the fridge, the next day I take it out, he lime it and how.For glycemic purposes, it is like a normal dish of any other not high carbohydrates.It is not the same, or from afar, than to eat a good newly made paella, Peeeeeero .... it is what there is.

Arse's profile photo
Arse
06/07/2024 9:09 a.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

wave said:
in my case, I forgive the bun from the coscorrón.What works for me, although I know that it is a sacrilege and mortal sin, if you eat at home is: I put my ration in the fridge, the next day I take it out, he lime it and how.For glycemic purposes, it is like a normal dish of any other not high carbohydrates.It is not the same, or by far, to eat a good newly made paella, Peeeeeero .... it is what there is.
>

Totally agree.I eat the rice of the day before with the normal insulin and it is perfect, I have no second climb or to correct.And he knows me glory ... (For me mortal sin is not being able to eat rice for lack of control, as I have been doing years).

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
06/07/2024 9:38 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@Sarainueva here I leave the issues I said previously, explain how to make the calculations for corrections.

Link
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
06/07/2024 9:41 a.m.

For rice after the 2 hours to finish eating, another dose of 6-8 units must be clickand fast insulin lasts its maximum effect 2 h can stop the first onslaught of the rice but the second onslaught if we do not put more insulin the rice throws its second attack and hits you a rush of the ostia

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
06/08/2024 2:31 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.