{'en': 'Senior Diabetes Foods', 'es': 'Alimentos Diabetes Tercera Edad'} Image

Senior Diabetes Foods

danielnutridiet's profile photo   05/24/2024 1:16 a.m.

Good to everyone, I present myself, I am Daniel and I am a dietitian.I am currently working with people of +65 years.I take care of glycemic control in nightlife.One of my functions in offering re-cenas with the aim of stable the glycemic index during the elderly's dream.I would need to know what is the most advisable to offer in those re-conas, since they must be easy and fast foods to drink (drinks).I have milk or juice, I would like to know which of these two is more recommended and also need other options to contribute to the nurses and that is not so monotonous this takes for them.Kind regards.

danielnutridiet's profile photo
danielnutridiet
05/24/2024 1:16 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

(The juices used are processed, it does not contain fiber)

danielnutridiet
05/24/2024 1:25 a.m.

I suppose it is a right to avoid nocturnal hypoglycemia .., it can also be drinkable yogurts, juices or half a glass of horchata .. in equivalent amounts of hydrates ... according to what each one needs ..
The juices with straw are very helpful if they tend to be low, if they are not low, better milk or yogurt.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/24/2024 3:15 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
I suppose it is a right to avoid nocturnal hypoglycemia .., it can also be drinkable yogurts, juices or half a glass of horchata .. in equivalent amounts of hydrates ... according to what you needeach ..
The juices with straw are very helpful if they tend to be low, if they are not low, better milk or yogurt.

Thank you very much is helpful.I will expect more tips, but yours is the one I needed.Greetings

danielnutridiet
05/24/2024 5:16 a.m.

Prepared fruit, a small glass, fructose rises glucose and depending on which fruit, the fiber would keep the level for a few hours.

But the most important thing is that they have a good guidance for insulin.In seniors, for my experience, the controls that are made are deficit and rarely have hypoglycemia, keep them at high levels and correct from 200mg/dl of glucose.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/24/2024 6:32 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Well, I vote for milk because they are very slow hydrates and if you can break down a better cookie.The juices rise faster and also fall faster, are less stable.
Always, as Ruthbia says, they are well controlled.If they have them high per system, nothing is recess.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/24/2024 9:16 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Thank you very much to everyone.This will facilitate the work and above all that you are people can sleep better with less complications.Greetings

danielnutridiet
05/24/2024 10:52 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.