{'en': 'Glucometer against sensor', 'es': 'Glucómetro contra sensor'} Image

Glucometer against sensor

Chesana's profile photo   05/24/2024 3:58 a.m.

In 5 days I have had two low glucose, so I have compared the arm sensor readings with the glucometer (puncture on the finger), and the differences have not liked (to put it in some way), so that ofNew I turn to you.

Saturday.All afternoon ranging between 220 and 251. About 9 p.m.71 ( 34 difference ).I was doing something for dinner for what I wanted to finish it ... and I almost died because in just 10 minutes I lowered the sensor to 75 and the glucometer to 58 ( 17 difference ).

MONDAY'S MAKING THE DINNER AND I NOTE THE BAJONAZO: Sensor marked 98 and glucometer 62 ( 36 difference ).

My question is: Is it normal for the sensor and the glucometer to be those differences?In case your answers are not ... which is more or less the difference that there should be?

Thank you very much for the help.

Note: I already have an appointment with the header doctor for my insulin allergy.

Chesana's profile photo
Chesana
05/24/2024 3:58 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Today I have been in the ophthalmologist and it seems that the diabetes has affected me in sight, because I have cataracts.They have to operate.

Chesana's profile photo
Chesana
05/24/2024 4 a.m.

The sensor that an element of approximation to your glycemic state is not accurate or intends to be.Brand trends and guidelines.
If you need exact values, there is only blood analytics and capillaries.
That I know diabetes produces retinopathies because it affects the retina, cataracts are the effect of age in most cases.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/24/2024 6:28 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

It is true that there are sensors that go bad, but you also have to take into account the delay.
If you are going down, you will actually be lower than it marks because even blood glucose has not reached the interstitial, there will always be differences because the sensor goes behind reality.
And it happens that diabetics are more prone to cataracts and that we are younger, but do not worry, today it is very normal.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/24/2024 9:12 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

As I have been with the sensor for just over a month, at first I checked a lot with the strips.I didn't trust.

When the sensor goes up or down a lot (vertical arrow) finding differences of 30 or more with the strips is normal.But if the arrow is horizontal, a difference has never left more than 10. Normally much less or almost the same if it takes a while without varying the data.

Think that the sensor goes with "delay" with respect to the capillary.

Sometimes I use that to know that it will mark the sensor in ten or fifteen minutes.And success.

Grati's profile photo
Grati
05/24/2024 1:09 p.m.

@CHESANA The cataracts in diabetes are very frequent and arrive long before those of a non -diabetic person, they are very early, at least they can operate you, they do not want to operate because in an eye I have diabetic retinopathy and they are afraid ofThat I suffer a retinal detachment in that eye after the operation, so they have told me that until it is strictly necessary, they will not operate, until I see anything very bad.
And the sensor theme goes more delay than the capillary, about 20 mins

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
05/25/2024 5:54 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.