{'en': 'I introduce myself.', 'es': 'Me presento.'} Image

I introduce myself.

Sara10's profile photo   04/28/2024 12:02 p.m.

Hello, I'm Sara and I'm 57 years old.

I am not officially diagnosed as a diabetic but I have relatives who suffered this disease and I suffered by being pregnant.In my last blood test, I got the fasting glucose in 101mg/dl, my doctor did not give importance because it was within the normal reference values, but I have books on diabetes where it is indicated that it is the beginning of prediabetes.

I would like to share and acquire information about this disease to avoid, as far as possible, that it goes more.
Greetings to all.

Sara10's profile photo
Sara10
04/28/2024 12:02 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Wellvendia to the forum @Sara10

It's great to have you with us.Having proactive people like you, who seek to be informed and take care of their health, makes our community more enriching.The experience you have, having managed gestational diabetes and with diabetic relatives, is undoubtedly valuable and we are sure that you will have much to share.

With respect to your 101 mg/dl fasting glucose, I understand that it can be worrying, especially when you have family history and you have read about the limits for prediabetes.

We would love to hear more about what you have learned in your readings about diabetes and any strategy that you have implemented in your daily life that you think can benefit others.

And of course, do not hesitate to ask anything you are not clear.There are many members with knowledge that can offer their perspective.

fer's profile photo
fer
04/28/2024 12:10 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Try to maintain an ideal weight and do some exercise.Walking is enough, that would give you extra time before being diabetic.If you become it.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
04/30/2024 8 p.m.

Welcome @Sara10, you would have more information if after meals you did some control.Anyway, the best treatment you can do is lower hydrates and lower weight with more exercise.
And then do the analytics that your doctor advises you.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/03/2024 11:29 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
welcome @sara10, you would have more information if after meals you would do some control.Anyway, the best treatment you can do is lower hydrates and lower weight with more exercise.
And then do the analytics that your doctor advises you.

Thanks for the welcome.
I am doing that, I look at the postprandial glucose.I have already lowered the weight, I am in an BMI of 18.5 and still the carbohydrates to tolerate them badly.Maybe my pancreas is not functioning as it should.My doctor has to call me in a few days, to see what he tells me.
As for exercising, that is what costs me the most, I am not very sports lover, it bores me.I am more sedentary.😂

Sara10's profile photo
Sara10
05/03/2024 1:13 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.