{'en': 'Minimed 780g ruined my life', 'es': 'Minimed 780G me arruino la vida'} Image

Minimed 780g ruined my life

PatricioJB's profile photo   04/30/2024 4:21 p.m.

Hello, I am Type 1 diabete for 35 years, I have 41, initially I use syringes with fast and NPH, with which I passed on the floor, they always gave me too strong hypos, I broke a couple of teeth even.Over time they went to ultra fast and ultra slow insulin, and after a short time, about 3 months with dose correction, I walked much better, after 10 years approx, in my country (Chile) I could apply for theInsulin bomb (here they do not deliver it to all, you must go through a couple of test, they evaluate you and deliver it to you by a law called Ricarte Soto).
The issue is that I have been with the bomb for almost 3 months, and I lost all my quality of life, I'm afraid to leave, I'm afraid to eat out, I'm afraid I even be at home without having a jar of sugar by my side,Since I have frequent hypoglycemia, many, my doctor and tried to adjust the ratio, the sensitivity, the objective that is currently in 120 (in the same way I reach 78 and I already start thicify), the duration of insulin that I have in 3Hours, and there is no case, I have constant hypos.According to what I see through the reports delivered by the app the hypos are produced due to the basal that gives me, then again that again due to the autocorrectors, which apparently do not expect the time necessary to take effect, sinceIf you must put 3 units, it does so in up to 6 microbolos, but at 20 minutes if it does not go down again, which when the first bowling begins to take effect, which I have seen is at 1 hour, I already haveThe body flooded with insulin and causes hiccups.
I know that the basal cannot be modified, nor the self -corrections, so I do not know what to do, I have firmly thought of returning to the insulin pens.Has anyone happened to him?How have you solved it?What could you do on my part?I have been able to sleep in running all this time, which did not happen to me before, and it has me full stress.
And neither does it help me at all with the carbohydrate counting, if I spend 10 grs glycemia rises to full.

PatricioJB's profile photo
PatricioJB
04/30/2024 4:21 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good, what I read you would put the focus on 3 aspects.

-Re fast insulin you use (it is not the same fiasp as Humalog or Novorapid)
-Precision of the sensor with respect to capillary
-Cánula and insertion zone

Apart from that the pump makes you have to be methodical with meals, your hypos are between hours?are they postpandrial ???

You have commented your story but not your day to day to know what is happening there.

marine's profile photo
marine
04/30/2024 4:55 p.m.

hello,

They are usually during the night, when I sleep, or 4 hours after eating, so it no longer passes insulin or carbohydrates.

marine said:
good, I from what I read would focus on 3 aspects.

You have commented your story but not your day by day to know what is happening there.

marine said:
-fast insulin you use (it is not the same fiasp as Humalog or Novorapid)

Here Novorapid is used, by the hospital system they give only that, and buying them is too expensive.
marine said:
-precision of the sensor with respect to capillary

When glycemia is in the 70/180 range, no more than 10 is the difference, but when there is hyper or hyper, it rises up to 40 or more difference
marine said:
-cannula and insertion zone

Abdomen and back
Apart from that the pump makes you have to be methodical with meals, your hypos are between hours?are they postpandrial ???

In case I have a regularly normal day, breakfast telling the carbohydrates, a grainCarbon in the body, nor the pre -food bolus.

PatricioJB
04/30/2024 5:12 p.m.

I do not use pump but the configuration of bowling and corrections can be changed.
You will have to learn to handle it well.
Or go to the doctor and tell you how to do it.
I was recently with a person with a bomb eating and he changed his doses according to what we ate the weekend.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/30/2024 5:41 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

patriciojb said:
hello,

They are usually during the night, when I sleep, or 4 hours after eating, so it no longer passes insulin or carbohydrates.

marine said:
good, I from what I read would focus on 3 aspects.

You have commented your story but not your day by day to know what is happening there.

marine said:
marine said:
-fast insulin you use (it is not the same fiasp as Humalog or Novorapid)

Here Novorapid is used, by the hospital system they give only that, and buying them is too expensive.
marine said:
marine said:
-precision of the sensor with respect to capillary

When glycemia is in the 70/180 range, no more than 10 is the difference, but when there is hyper or hyper, it rises up to 40 or more difference
marine said:
marine said:
-cannula and insertion zone

Abdomen and back

In case I have a regularly normal day, breakfast telling the carbohydrates, a graincarbon in the body, nor the bolus pre food.

At 12:50 you are in the end of the fast effect that has put the bomb for breakfast.
This is the problem, the effect of this insulin is too long, for a bomb.If you know the hours you are going to give you a hypo, you have to advance and eat something.With a fruit it can be enough.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
04/30/2024 7:56 p.m.

I think you don't have it well adapted.I do not use pump, but I understand that those who use it, modify what is necessary, even by sections.
They would have to have given you a course before you put it on.
If you are not going to solve anything, the bomb, try the slow toujeo, it is flatter than lantus and gives many fewer children.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/01/2024 10:45 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Can't you go to the endocrine and return to the feathers ...?Or what adjusted it?Any course ...?
That is not life ... neither are hypoglycemia good and so often ...

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
05/01/2024 10:49 a.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

I have already decided to return to the bolis, with the three -one I used before I did not generate so many hypos, I already request time with the endocrine, unfortunately in me it did not work, as each diabetic say it is a separate system

PatricioJB
05/02/2024 6:26 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.