{'en': 'The seasonal fruit that prevents diabetes and helps to lose', 'es': 'La fruta de temporada que previene la diabetes y ayuda a adelgazar'} Image

The seasonal fruit that prevents diabetes and helps to lose

fer's profile photo   06/16/2024 1:01 p.m.

Summer approaches and, with it, beach afternoons, nights on terraces and the longest days of the year.In addition, at the same time that the heat, many recipes and food return, among which seasonal fruits.

Few people are the ones who resist giving a little flavor to their lives with strawberries, a watermelon, a melon or cherries, fruits related in a special way to the summer.

However, although the latter are those that usually monopolize the images of the ads, there are those who resist the 'popular' and crave another fruit with even more strength: the peach.

Like the previous ones, the best time to eat peach is between the months of May and September.Although it is during the months of July and August when it is tastier and fleshy.

It is one of the most consumed fruits not only by its delicious taste, but also for its multiple health benefits:

Thanks to its high vitamin C content, it is a powerful antioxidant that helps protect cells against the damage of free radicals.In addition it also contains carotenoids with provitamin A activity, which is essential to enjoy good ocular health.

It also stands out for its mineral content, specifically in potassium, which contributes to the maintenance of normal blood pressure.

Its vitamin A also helps to wear healthy skin, reducing inflammation and relieving muscle pain and joints.

According to study by the University of Texas (United States), medium or large bone fruits, such as peach, help prevent diabetes, obesity, metabolic syndrome and cardiovascular diseases.

In addition, bone fruits, such as peach, are indicated for people who want to control their weight because they are low in calories by having 88% water.On average, the peach contributes only 40 calories per piece.

fer's profile photo
fer
06/16/2024 1:01 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Too bad is an insulin chute.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/17/2024 4:21 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I think that little, I have looked at the HC's are 9 gr per 100 gr, in comparison melon 6.5 gr and watermelon 7.5 gr, the truth does not seem much if you eat 1 piece, if you want to eat more quantity, then yes.:)

fer's profile photo
fer
06/17/2024 6:33 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

It goes up a lot even if they are 9 g per 100, it goes up quickly and despite insulin, I do not get a great climb (of more than 200), so I love it, if I eat it, I try to besmall and rather greenish

meginer's profile photo
meginer
06/17/2024 7:20 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Fruit can be eaten as long as it is a moderate portion.When mixing with other foods in the stomach it does not rise so fast.
You can also eat fruit mixed with yogurt since proteins minimize the rush a bit

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
06/18/2024 12:38 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

ricki21 said:
fruit can be eaten as dessert whenever it is a moderate portion.When mixing with other foods in the stomach it does not rise so fast.
You can also eat fruit mixed with yogurt since proteins minimize the rush

It depends on each one, my peach uploads a lot, and it is normal.
It is not a matter of not being able to eat it, I am.It is not to raise insulin but that many times no. Coincide the fruit peak with the action of insulin.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
06/18/2024 10:03 p.m.

I am generally lucky with the fruit.
Sometimes peak in salads and better than better.

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
06/19/2024 9:31 a.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

I love the fruit, it gives me a tremendous rush but it lowers me very fast.Typical well recommended peak in diabetes that rises variability.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/19/2024 3:14 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

It depends on the moment he takes it and depends on the fruit.If I take it at night at dinner, I have exercised enough around 7 in the afternoon and that I have put part of the slow at 6, nor does it usually make me peak and even risk of going down, I take advantage of there and I can eat aMedium or una.kiwi peach or pear.
At noon or no dessert fruit or red fruits.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
06/22/2024 12:23 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.