{'en': 'Baby debut 11 months', 'es': 'Debut bebe 11 meses'} Image

Baby debut 11 months

sarika's profile photo   06/20/2024 12:59 p.m.

Hello.We are new on this subject and that is that my 11 -month -old girl has been detected type 1 diabetes for 2 weeks.We are quite lost especially in the food issue ... baby that has been complementary food for several months but its main food today in formula milk ... in the hospital they are advising us to change their diet but my littleDo not eat much and it is quite stressful to know what I eat or if you want pure, pieces, fruit or only milk!I would like to know any case like ours and how they focused on this issue.
The insulin theme is taking it more or less focused with the hospital and we carry a daily monitoring with them through the Dexcomg7 sensor.

Thank you very much in advance, greetings from Zaragoza.

sarika's profile photo
sarika
06/20/2024 12:59 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome to the @Sarika forum !!

I am very sorry that you are going through this situation, but I am glad that you have found this space where to share and learn from the experience of other fathers and mothers who have gone through the same.

I understand perfectly how overwhelming it can be at first, especially with such a young little girl.It's great that you already have daily monitoring with the Dexcomg7, that is a great step to keep glucose levels controlled.

As for food, the key is to go little by little and with great patience.At this age, it is normal for babies to have days in which they prefer certain foods over others.My recommendation would be to try to maintain a variety of options and allow your little to experiment with different textures and flavors.Here are some tips that can help:

1. Meal planning: keep a record of what your child eats and how it affects your glucose levels.This will help you identify patterns and adjust your diet as necessary.

2. Small quantities: offers small portions of different foods.Sometimes babies need time to adapt to new flavors and textures.

3. Low carbohydrate foods: incorporates low carbohydrate foods that can help maintain stable glucose levels, such as soft vegetables, added sugar -free purees, and soft proteins such as chicken or fish.

4. Consult with a nutritionist: if you have not yet done so, you could consider talking to a nutritionist specializing in children's diabetes.They can offer you a personalized eating plan and specific tips for your little one.

5. Patience and flexibility: Do not be discouraged if some days do not eat as you expected.It is a learning process for both her and you.

Here in the forum, many have gone through similar situations and we are here to support you.If you have any specific questions or need more tips, do not hesitate to ask.We are here to help you!

I also recommend that you give them a look at the book "Living with diabetes: the power of the online community", you can find it in Amazon, it is a great help, especially when you start with diabetes and allow you to keep the forum in progress, since part of the income is destined to finance the hosting, technical support and other expenses of the forum.:)

A hug and a lot of encouragement !!

fer's profile photo
fer
06/20/2024 2:10 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Much encouragement and a lot of patience.You will learn little by little, while they are small, you have to adapt to them and then they are already normalizing meals.
Nothing happens even if you can't control it at the moment.In this you continue to learn a lifetime and there are better treatments.A hug.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/21/2024 9:39 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I imagine that your pediatrician should be quite helpful, he is a baby, from the year he will already eat almost everything, but the introduction of different foods and their impact on blood glucose will be controlled by the pediatric endocrine and the pediatrician of theHealth CMaybe you would also be good to sign up for the Diabetes Association that takes you closer, surely that it is great support.
Much encouragement, it is a very difficult time and more with such a small baby, the good (understand me for good as the least bad), it will incorporate it into your life and you will see it as something
Very natural and normal since it will lead with it all your life and control it.
Many forces and always forward.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
06/22/2024 midnight
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.