{'en': 'Alexander Zverev, the solitude of the diabetic', 'es': 'Alexander Zverev, la soledad del diabético'} Image

Alexander Zverev, the solitude of the diabetic

fer's profile photo   05/28/2024 3:39 p.m.

Alexander Zverev, the German professional tennis player, has been an inspiring example of how to handle type 1 diabetes in elite sport.Diagnosed since I was three years old, Zverev has faced unique challenges, especially during Grand Slam tournaments such as Roland Garros, where regulations on the treatment on the court differ from ATP tournaments.

In ATP tournaments, Zverev can administer insulin during the breaks of the party without problems.However, in Roland Garros, it has been necessary.

The situation is even more complicated due to the rules of the world anti -doping agency, which catalogs insulin as a prohibited substance, unless the athlete has an exemption from therapeutic use (TUE).In addition, only a doctor can administer insulin, which has led to misunderstandings and discussions when Zverev has tried to explain his need to self -administer the correct dose.

Zverev has advocated greater understanding and flexibility in regulations, arguing that his life could be in danger if he is not allowed to administer his insulin in a timely manner.Its case highlights the importance of adapting sports rules to accommodate the medical needs of athletes, guaranteeing their well -being while competing to the highest level.

The management of Zverev diabetes is not only a testimony of its determination and ability to compete at the highest level, but it has also become a reference for other diabetics that aspire to be professionals in their fields.

Zverev's story underlines the need to make visible and normalize diabetes in elite sport, promoting an environment -free environment and misunderstandings.

We hope that your participation in Roland Garros will continue without further setbacks and that your health will remain stable during your party against Etcheverry.

fer's profile photo
fer
05/28/2024 3:39 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

You will have to stop those competition matches ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/29/2024 5:48 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

A shame about Roland Garros, denouncing from my point of view.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/29/2024 10:25 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

The regulations of the tournaments are given with the needs of people with diabetes, it is quite incredible that they do not allow to make diabetes visible, to lose the opportunity to reach millions of people to normalize life with diabetes is a penalty.

fer's profile photo
fer
05/29/2024 10:33 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

"Insulin prohibited substance" .... Well, man depends for whom, what fabric

Vero83's profile photo
Vero83
05/29/2024 12:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

This news is old.Today, Roland Garros allows you to use insulin in the bank itself.

Zverev gave visibility to his diabetes in 2022, and it was in 2023 when there was this controversy.

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
05/29/2024 2:05 p.m.

Db1 desde Diciembre 2007.
Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

Thanks for clarifying @Josemibi I have reviewed it and you are right, the controversy occurred last year, I read it again yesterday for his game with Rafa Nadal and I did not look at the date, thinking it would be now.

fer's profile photo
fer
05/29/2024 2:18 p.m.

fer said:
thanks for clarifying @josemibi I have reviewed it and you are right, the controversy occurred last year, I read it again yesterday by his party with Rafa Nadal and I did not look at thedate, thinking it would be now.

Obviously we all have the right to keep our illness secret, Zverev maintained the diabetes in secret 23 years ... which made Roland Garros norms not updated until he showed our needs in public.

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
05/29/2024 2:30 p.m.

Db1 desde Diciembre 2007.
Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

Which has all my respect and support !!!🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

fer's profile photo
fer
05/29/2024 2:40 p.m.

Thanks to see him do it, I inject the fast insulin in the grids ... trying not to catch the clear muscle

Arse's profile photo
Arse
05/29/2024 7:54 p.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

How strong that they put it even more complicated ...
Super inspiring the boy!

Diabetuchidus's profile photo
Diabetuchidus
06/05/2024 8:55 a.m.

wave said:
thanks to seeing it to him, I inject the fast insulin into the grids ... trying not to catch the clear muscle

And it doesn't hurt?Before I put the slow there and a lot of blood came out, Moraton and a lot of pain.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/05/2024 9:53 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia is taking the truquillo.I, who have almost nothing of adipose tissue from the knee to the groin, because I almost horizontal in the quadriceps, we are not skewing from above, but trying to take some chicha without touching the muscle.I have a visual truquillo: tense the grids and you will see where there is mass that is not from the muscle itself, because there.It usually gives me a good result, and there are 3 punctures a day in each of the meals.Once a porquitín of blood comes out, but generally neither bruises nor anything, and I have been clicking the rapid there.And now in summer, I am almost always with short pants, it is very comfortable because you can put the dassis directly in the dining room chair and without giving explanations, although I do not care much, the truth.

Arse's profile photo
Arse
06/07/2024 8:57 a.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

I am all fat, accumulated it in legs and abdomen a little, not much.
And all very hard, I have no soft tissue, so I usually hurt the needle in legs.I put on the gluteus the slow one, there I do not hurt but I make black bunches.

Lately, the side of the waist bleeds quite a lot and I am full of bruises.In my arms, insulin with 4mm needles does not effect.I need 8mm or use another area.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/07/2024 12:54 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Just about 10 cm where the knee ends, if pinches you will see that it is not hard.It is an adipose layer, with thickness, where you can quietly click by tilting the needle and do not reach the muscle or wanting.Try there and tell me.
The slow one if I use the buttocks.In the end I am better to leave the total dose of threeiva.Now, with the heat, I am with 14, of which 8 when I wake up and 6 when bedtime.In my case, it works better than everything in one dose.

All this is in my case.Each one is a world.

Arse's profile photo
Arse
06/07/2024 1:20 p.m.

I saw the RG final and I was shocking to see how I had no sensor and for glucose readings it was punctured on the finger and pull the glucometer.

Narciso's profile photo
Narciso
06/16/2024 12:12 p.m.

@Narciso I would miss me a lot that I did not use McG, in fact, I have seen some old photo of his with the free Style 1 and the monitor, which I think is that in addition to the MCG, capillary checks are made to be sure of glucose values, it is the best way to avoid false peaks (high and low).

I use free freestyle 3 and when some sensor makes me strange things, I also check with the capillary, puncture on the finger of a lifetime and I get out of doubt.

fer's profile photo
fer
06/16/2024 12:35 p.m.

It can be but the phone was not seen at any time or heard an alarm for hypo.The same does not let him carry the mobile on the track.

Narciso's profile photo
Narciso
06/16/2024 3:18 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.