What is the time to start insulin treatment?

jleo's profile photo   06/24/2024 10:02 p.m.

Hello everyone,

As I said in my presentation to the forum I have a 12 -year -old son who has been discovering a 7.3 glycosylatedTo measure him and saw measurements of more than 200, however with a controlled sugar diet and HC, those glycemias began to go down, I repeat without administering insulin, until it became below 6 glycosilada.

Well in recent months it has risen again, the last measurement was already 6.4 and now I have put the freestyle sensor and after dinner it reaches 250-260 peaks that are maintained until 4 or 5in the morning where they go down and in the morning it is below 100.

The issue is that every morning dawns well, then breakfast and quickly go up to 240-250, after 2-3 hours down to 120-130 levels and stay well all day until it managed to snack where it starts toGo up at 6pm uploading until you reach those 250-260 without going down to the early morning.

Freestyle apps that the average is already in 7 glycosilada and 74% in range, it has no hypoglycemia since we do not administer insulin either.

The question, and forgive the extension, is that I do not know what to do, that is, it is better to maintain 7% glycosilada, with 74% in range and continue without giving insulin.Or talk to the endocrine and bet on starting with insulin treatment trying to avoid those very important peaks in the afternoons and mornings but as the hypos appear in the life of my son .... the truth is that I do notI have nothing clear.

Can you give me your opinion?

THANK YOU!

jleo's profile photo
jleo
06/24/2024 10:02 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You have to go to the pediatrician and derive the endocrine.
With adolescence, surely, debut, debut, right now with that data seems honeymoon and that needs basal insulin, but the most important thing is that you go to the endocrine.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/24/2024 10:16 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I would also ask for an analytical.It depends on the person, in my case if the free tells me glycosilada of 5, the analytics gives me 6 ...
It is important that you really know how the subject is going.
And of course, speak with the endocrine, because those peaks of more than 200 are not good.If you have to put insulin it will be what to do but your thing is good control.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
06/24/2024 10:50 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Thanks to both, it has been with the endo 1 year.He also analyzes every 3 months, in the last one is where he was 6.4 from Glico.It has given negative to the 3 types of antibodies.
He also contrasted the freestyle with blood shot and at the moment the freestyle measures me higher than reality.
In the end it is more a decision to wait for a 74% glyc of 74% but without insulin or try to improve this putting insulin but with the cons that this topic also has.
Thank you

jleo's profile photo
jleo
06/24/2024 11:22 p.m.

Hi Jleo, talk to the endocrine to see what he thinks, my impression is that it would be a bit to cushion those peaks

All the best

joelsa's profile photo
joelsa
06/25/2024 8:03 a.m.

Thanks Joelsa, I think it's a possibility.Let's see what endocrine thinks.Perhaps with only basal I could be worth to prove if with that reinforcement we get damping those big spikes .... Thank you.

jleo's profile photo
jleo
06/25/2024 10:18 a.m.

Yes, basal.Thus the debut usually begins when there is still pancreatic reservation.
With the basal the reserve lasts more and you will avoid harmful peaks.It is very little quantity.
There are diabetics that do not positive in antibodies and are type1 or lada.The common ones is having them, but it doesn't always happen.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/25/2024 2:20 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

One of those "diabetics" is me, I do not give positive.And Lada.

Arse's profile photo
Arse
07/13/2024 8:28 p.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.