{'en': 'Just in case ... apologies', 'es': 'Por si acaso... disculpas'} Image

Just in case ... apologies

Chesana's profile photo   06/02/2024 2:49 a.m.

I don't know whether or not this issue enters this forum, so in case I do something wrong ... apologies.

The other day a very close person told me that as I was worried about his excess weight (he is almost 70 years old), he had gone to his head doctor to see if he could give him something to lose weight;He gave him some pills (I don't know what they are called) that, as the doctor told him, were for diabetics but also served to lose weight.In two months it has already lost about 8 kg.

Is this normal?I mean, that a Social Security doctor prescribes a person who is not diabetic, a medicine to lose weight?Isn't it dangerous for the patient, as long as it can eventually cause damage to diabetes that he doesn't have now?

Chesana's profile photo
Chesana
06/02/2024 2:49 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It is fashionable.Not only pills, also insulin, the famous ozempic.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/02/2024 4:42 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Surely it will be the Rybelsus, it is the same as the ozempic but in pills ... the family doctor for diabetes was sent to me, but the authorization is due to obesity because they say that with less than 7.5 glycosilada (it used to haveBetween 6.9 and 7.3) it is a good control, in fact, 5 years ago I does not see me an endocrine in the public.I had DKV before and I go to the internist out there, and it is the first time that he tells me that it is now a good control and not before, he took his hands to his head when I told him that they had told me that I had good control withmore than 7 glycosilada ...
The pills lose weight, yes, but I hope with the side effects ... the mother who brought them in that sense ... although for now, if nothing more serious comes out than the stomach discomfort, I give it for good ...

cgs's profile photo
cgs
06/02/2024 9:23 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.