{'en': 'Toujeo does not seem as slow as they say', 'es': 'La Toujeo no parece tan lenta como dicen'} Image

Toujeo does not seem as slow as they say

Sherpa41's profile photo   06/30/2024 4:16 p.m.

Don't they say it starts acting at 2h?Well, in my case, if not, at 15 minutes it starts to go down to beast.

Normally I wear 38 units in the calf with dinner, yesterday I didn't want to have dinner and I put on something less, 32 units.And no fast.Being stable to 140 and starting to climb because I ended the day before.

Well, at 15 minutes of putting the toujeo I am already 120, at 30 to 90 and then I enter down.I take a soda with 15gr of sugar and ceno a plate of pasta and two sugary yogurts.I climb to 120 and go down again from another hour.Without getting quickly at any time.I take a 30gr coat of sugar and finally fall asleep.Until after 7 or 8 hours I have not started up to more than 160. And I have put some fast.

What power does the toujeo have, right?Does anyone else happen?

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
06/30/2024 4:16 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

I believe that the calf is not a suitable place for the slow one, you have had to enter the muscle and, indeed there you do not see.
It has happened to me once in my almost three years of diabetes and it was to put it on an outer face of the thigh towards the middle of it.I got a fat drop of blood and, after a while, I don't remember if 15 minutes, I think something else, gave me a monumental hypo that took a long time (about 45 minutes) to overcome.
In addition to the scare I was exhausted, as if I had climbed a mountain.A fairly unpleasant experience ..
The slow is better to put it where there is subcutanal fat, in the recommended areas in all diabetes manuals.

Why do you put it in the calf?

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
06/30/2024 11:06 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

He had no superficial fat in his arms or belly.And they told me to do it alone there

Lately if I have glutenous fat and low back, I will try there to see ...

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
06/30/2024 11:19 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

It is true, the fogs of the slow when it enters capillary are very strong.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/01/2024 5:27 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Sherpa41 That is the effect when insulin does not enter (subcutaneous) and you catch a capillary .. Muscle ... It happened to me a morning to get up in 180 put it to reach the curro and be in 80.

In that case, Tresiba I like the descent more is more bearable and not so aggressive.

On the other hand when that happens to you ... Then the rest of the day you will have a tendency to hyper because that slow one has been consumed before the account.

marine's profile photo
marine
07/02/2024 8:23 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.