{'en': 'Odyssey Freestyle Sensor Laboratories Abbott', 'es': 'Odisea sensor freestyle laboratorios abbot'} Image

Odyssey Freestyle Sensor Laboratories Abbott

lolasr's profile photo   07/06/2024 9:08 p.m.

My name is Lola, with DM1 since 2020 and now I have 64.
For me the use of the sensor, despite the failures it has is essential, since it avoids me from 8 to 10 blood controls per day.
In Galicia, Vigo health area, 2 sensors are delivered for use within 28 days.Last month they "spoiled" the 2 with the "sensor's message does not work, change it ..." at 9 days of use.
I go to the health center, after 7pm.And the problems begin: the regulations, according to the health personnel, say that I have to call the laboratory, which are nomitvians, that will soon be sent home .... without solution in the day.
I call the laboratory, 25 minutes of conversation, with more fights than solutions, etc., and finally tell me that they deliver them within 5 to 7 days.
_ Spanish pharmacies are prohibited from selling.
_ For the mistakes the laboratory late 22 days.
_ The repercussion of the cost for reactive strips in that perid
_ They are funded by Social Security after agreement of the Ministry of Health with said ABBOTT laboratory.
So, I wonder:
*Why is the patient who has to manage laboratory manufacturing failures?
*Why in other communities is this tool for a period of 2 months?
*Based on health personnel, so strictly normativist, we cannot go on a trip or anything that gives us the real win, having to consider the delivery dates?
*Do you have a health record of how many manufacturing failures occur?
*The replacement is at cost 0 for the S, .s.
* Glymic control, as important for the patient as for the medical professional, avoiding other pathologies, or at least delaying them, which can avoid greater cost (it seems that it really matters, not health), theImprovement in the daily quality of life of the patient is in the hands of Abbott laboratories and not of public health that we all pay?
I have filed a claim to the Health Center, to the citizenship service of the Ministry of Health, to the Sipad del Sergas Proxecto, at the contact of the Department of Health of Sergas, the latter could not receive the message as the mailbox had.

Many gracías, in advance, especially to listen to me, and for the answers that you can provide me with the doubts that I consider.

Lola Santos, contributing, sick and defender of public health, as far as I know, my taxes are not to finance, based on our illness, projects, or ABBOTT laboratory trials.

lolasr's profile photo
lolasr
07/06/2024 9:08 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The issue of claiming depends on each CCAA.I am from Andalusia and I have to claim them, and I prefer to have to go to the health center.It is true that they are sent to us (directly Abbot) of 8 in 8, which gives more waiting margin to the replacement.
Anyway, you will now have less problem, since they have sent you 2 and they will give you two others before the first one is over.
To again claim as soon as one spoils, do not wait for the other, that has been a mistake.
You have also had bad luck because when I have claimed some normally it has arrived in a week.
It is true that the phone with a thousand questions have a long time, but well, I have already assumed that and that's it.We are lucky to have them financed.Are there failures?Yes, but it's better than anything.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
07/06/2024 10:50 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

My case is that on Saturday 28 I managed the replacement of a sensor that gave me error on the LibreLink website.On Thursday 4 I already had the spare at home.
In the 5 years that I have been with sensors, I have 0 complaints from the customer treatment.
For the moment.I hope I continue like this.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
07/07/2024 12:42 a.m.

Thanks for the answers.The problem is that in Galicia 2 sensors are delivered, and the 2 on the same day and the same lot number gave "sensor failures, change them, so I had no other. In Andalusia 8? How lucky. Anyway this this is anywayIt would not have happened or be so disgusted if the nurse who intervened to give the solution would have been more empathic and professional, not so normativist., etc), not all health professionals are the same.
I use 8 of abadaglate every morning and 4, 3 and 3 of Fiasp before each meal, if you take something in mid -morning or afternoon, depending on the glucose range, I have to prick 1 of Fiasp again, for a simple coffee with milk with milk, I cannot take fruit after meals, I need to wait for glucose to fall, and that fruit in most cases, I take it to pieces throughout the day, the previous nurse was aware of this, so its facilities, so its facilities,This new one has even bothered to ask.First the rules.Of course, ABBOTT laboratories does not even come.
We are sick, not numbers.
By the way, following these sugar peaks, it took 2 years to put on the sensor, I already have and I need loads in the retina for diabetic retinitis, diabetic polyneuropathy and ,,,,, more.
All the best

lolasr's profile photo
lolasr
07/07/2024 10:41 a.m.

I suppose that depends on the health area.I am also a Galician (Ourense province) and they give me 8 at the same time.

VeroGal's profile photo
VeroGal
07/07/2024 10:45 a.m.

DM1 desde abril 2024
Uso Abasaglar y Novorapid.

@Lolasr: Each Autonomous Community does what it wants with its diabetic patients.In my community they give me 2 sensors a month and 2 boxes of 50 strips ... for a whole year!
I have not had another one to buy a couple of sensors so as not to stay without a replacement and a new glucometer, which works with more economical strips than those that give me, and so I am throwing.
The next time you fail a sensor, it is better to claim a new one immediately through the Abbott's website since it works much better than telephone attention.They send it to you for free in a few days

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
07/07/2024 12:54 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

ricki21 said:
@lolasr: each autonomous community does what they want with its diabetic patients.In my community they give me 2 sensors a month and 2 boxes of 50 strips ... for a whole year!
I have not had another one to buy a couple of sensors so as not to stay without a replacement and a new glucometer, which works with more economical strips than those that give me, and so I am throwing.
The next time you fail a sensor, it is better to claim a new one immediately through the Abbott's website since it works much better than telephone attention.They send it to you for free in a few days

This is what I wanted to say in the previous post: whenever I can I do it on the web.It is 2 minutes and in 3 or 4 days I have it at home.
By phone it is true that it depends a little on who attends you.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
07/07/2024 1:39 p.m.

Thanks again, how many things are I finding out.Could you tell me since when they facilitate 8 in the Orense Health Area Area?It is unfortunate that a patient has to buy a galuzemus because the strips are cheaper and in their CCAA they do not give many facilities, it is also unfortunate that we have to buy a sensor is replaced.I do not believe that we have to thank, it is our right, after all, health is gaining, economically, if there are preventive resources, as with screening and others.And let's not forget the improvement in our daily life.
ALL THE BEST

lolasr's profile photo
lolasr
07/07/2024 7:50 p.m.

They detected the diabetes very recently, in April 2024. The first lot of eight sensors gave it to me at the end of May.

VeroGal's profile photo
VeroGal
07/07/2024 8:13 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2024
Uso Abasaglar y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.