{'en': 'Omnipod Canarias', 'es': 'Omnipod Canarias'} Image

Omnipod Canarias

PedroW's profile photo   07/17/2024 11:14 a.m.

Good morning, I write this message because our 8 -year -old son (debuted with 4 years) is DT1.When we debuted we came to live in France (his mother is French) because the coverage they give here was much better at that time.At school a nurse goes to the dining room to calculate carbohydrates and administer insulin, we have an help to dependence by having a recognition of an inability of 80% to be so tiny and not be able to use itself, andFor two years he has been with the Omnipod + Dexcomg6 bomb with which we are delighted since he changed his life not being so visible, little spectacular, to be able to do everything at a distance and not need to disconnect it for the shower or the pisina.

The question is as follows.We are seriously thinking of returning to the Canary Islands (where I am), willing to give up the nurse in the school and help the dependency, but we would like to know if the Omnipod bomb is covered by the Social Security there, we would not like to come backto the pump with tube.And in case it is not covered (most likely) how much the treatment costs privately and if there is any private insurance that covers part of the cost.

Well, very specific questions and probably not simple to find an answer, but just in case ...

Thank you very much in advance.

Greetings

PedroW's profile photo
PedroW
07/17/2024 11:14 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, seen that the question was very concrete I return with something broader.
In some community of Spain, the Omnipod bomb is covered by the SS?Or if someone has it privately, could you tell me their cost?

Greetings and thanks!

PedroW's profile photo
PedroW
07/17/2024 6:20 p.m.

Hello Pedro, I can only tell you that in Madrid it is not.I would like my son DT1

madreDMT1's profile photo
madreDMT1
07/18/2024 12:08 a.m.

Madre de adolescente DM1 (nacido en 2008), con DM1 desde 17/11/2023
Abasaglar 19
80-150 Raciones HC/día, dependiendo mucho de los planes y del deporte.
Sensor FreeStyle Libre 3
Madrid

Madredmt1 said:
Hello Pedro, I can only tell you that in Madrid it is not.I would like my son DT1

Thanks for the answer.Sincerely for us it has meant a huge change, our child is much happier and management is less invasive.I hope one day is covered in Spain.

Greetings and thanks again

PedroW's profile photo
PedroW
07/18/2024 7:37 p.m.

The bombs in Spain are given with droppers and health is fatal.
Diabetes is not recognized here as disability ... 20 years ago, I don't know when it changed.
For what you have commented, in France it will be better attended.
And because of the references that I have of relatives, the work there is much better.Better paid and with more rights.
It is a personal issue and you have to decide.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
07/27/2024 8:20 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.