{'en': 'Freestyle measurements 3', 'es': 'Mediciones freestyle 3'} Image

Freestyle measurements 3

jleo's profile photo   07/08/2024 12:44 p.m.

Hello everyone,

For a week my son, with type 1 diabetes, uses freestyle 3 but I am seeing important differences in the measurement, for example this morning with glucometer 145 and with a sensor 115, and it seems that there is always variation sometimes up sometimes forBelow ... is it normal?It happens to everyone?Or should I ask for return and try another new sensor?

And the weirdest thing has already been tonight, it has dropped to 54 and when measuring it in glucose I was in 115 ... and has been 3-4 hours doing silly, climbing a little and then going down to that hypo that it was not such... can it be because the sleeping child supported and that gives mistakes? ...

What do you think?

Thank you

Greetings

jleo's profile photo
jleo
07/08/2024 12:44 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Lean on the sensor lowers glucose.Also the first day you put it, it fails a lot.
All this is supposed to be normal 😅

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
07/09/2024 2:21 p.m.

Yes, all that you say is normal, each sensor is a bit different

TheMechanik's profile photo
TheMechanik
07/11/2024 11:38 p.m.

Papa de una niña de 8 años con DM1
Debut 26/07/23
Abasalgar y Humalog junior.
Freestyle Libre 2
Cada dia aprendemos algo nuevo.

I carry using nine freestyle 2 sensors and, so far, three have failed me.They mark with great differences that make you not make good decisions in your treatment.In my opinion, this technology is still very green.When you wear a sensor and you have to be verifying that it works correctly, through capillary measurements, you are doubling the expense and generating anxiety.
I was very happy with it at first, but he is disappointing me

MT2207's profile photo
MT2207
07/16/2024 10:02 a.m.

@MT2207: The sensor coincides with the values ​​of a capillary when you are stable, that is, when your glycemia varies little.
If you make a capillary when the blood glucose is rising or going down the sensor value, with delayed with the glucose you have in blood, it can be quite different from the capillary.
For example, if you have taken glucose pills to solve hypoglycemia, when you make a capillary after 10 minutes of rigor you may already be in normal values ​​but the sensor can continue marrying hypoglycemia.
The sensors are not perfect but for now it is the best we have to control diabetes.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
07/16/2024 1:39 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.