{'en': 'ABBOTT Free Glucometer 2', 'es': 'Glucómetro de abbott libre 2'} Image

ABBOTT Free Glucometer 2

TheMechanik's profile photo   07/10/2024 8:42 p.m.

Hello, until now we used the ACCU Check glucometer, since the reactive strips they provided in the SS were of that brand.

With this glucometer we use the MySugr app, which we looks great to keep the registration of all the controls, meals and "events" that we want to register.

Now the SS gives us the strips for the Abbott glucometer, the free freeyle 2, and this glucometer does not connect with any app, or at least I do not find info about it.

Do you know if there is a way to connect the free ABBOTT2 glucometer with an app so you don't have to introduce glycemia manually into the app we use?

Gràcias and greetings

TheMechanik's profile photo
TheMechanik
07/10/2024 8:42 p.m.

Papa de una niña de 8 años con DM1
Debut 26/07/23
Abasalgar y Humalog junior.
Freestyle Libre 2
Cada dia aprendemos algo nuevo.

In which community are that meter ...?I still have the ACCU Check, although a prehistoric one (but the strips are worth me).

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
07/11/2024 10:18 a.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

In Madrid nothing about Abbott.I would like me.
The freeLink app is linked to smart bolis of insulin.In some communities the SS.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/11/2024 3:51 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia is worth ... I mean that we continue with accu.
I have a glucometer that once carried the dinosaurs, hahahaha.But it goes phenomenon.

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
07/11/2024 6:43 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

@Silviagrz I have 3 from Abbott because before they gave.The nurse gave me a glucomen or something and it was so bad that I returned it.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/11/2024 9:38 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Silviagrz said:
In which community are that meter ...?I still have the ACCU check, although a prehistoric one (but the strips are worth me).

In Girona, Catalonia.
In itself, the glucometer is the same reader for free freestyle 2 (it is a 2 in 1)

TheMechanik's profile photo
TheMechanik
07/11/2024 11:30 p.m.

Papa de una niña de 8 años con DM1
Debut 26/07/23
Abasalgar y Humalog junior.
Freestyle Libre 2
Cada dia aprendemos algo nuevo.

I, from Galicia, use the contour Next facilitated by the S.S.For 4 years, for the moment I have no problem and they facilitate the strips I need.That is not connected to any app, such as Freestyle's from Abbott, on which smart pen data.Using a glaumetro that does not belong to Abbott, is one of the buts that put you when you request the change for reading errors in the sensor.From what I have seen each CCAA and even within it, each health area acts on its own and there are no criteria for all.

lolasr's profile photo
lolasr
07/12/2024 2:06 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, I have an Abbot and I had to discard it because it measures 20/30/40 less than the other glucometers.I talked to them and after twice, a thousand absurd questions and two hours of phone ended up saying that the difference was acceptable (in a glucometer !!!) and they hung up the phone ...
What a fabric.
In the end I used one that I bought from cheap strips that is doing very well.
The sensor measures me to miss me only missing the glucometer too.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
07/12/2024 2:26 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:
Well I have an abbot and I had to discard it because it measures 20/30/40 less than the other glucometers.I talked to them and after twice, a thousand absurd questions and two hours of phone ended up saying that the difference was acceptable (in a glucometer !!!) and they hung up the phone ...
What a fabric.
In the end I used one that I bought from cheap strips that is doing very well.
The sensor measures me to miss me only missing the glucometer too.

Abbott's mine measures 20 less than other glucometers.
To the figure that comes out I am 20 and I am throwing.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
07/13/2024 8:12 p.m.

How do you have that certainty that it measures you more or less?

What technique do you use to calibrate it?

sugarl3ss's profile photo
sugarl3ss
07/14/2024 1:58 p.m.

sugarl3ss said:

In my case I compared it in several pharmacies and with others that I have at home.

I don't know how to calibrate it.If anyone knows if it can be done it would be great.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
07/14/2024 3:22 p.m.

sugarl3ss said:

Because I have compared it with 3 other glucometers.If they give style 85-90-92 (they never give exactly the same) that of Abbot gives me 60. And so several times.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
07/14/2024 10:44 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

sandman said:
sugarl3ss said:

In my case I compared it in several pharmacies and with others that I have at home.

I don't know how to calibrate it.If anyone knows if it can be done it would be great.

The glucometers are calibrated by nurses with contrast strips prepared for this.
They taught me in the debut, but I have never led any to calibrate.They only reviewed the tesionter and I was going well.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/15/2024 5:13 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.