{'en': 'Hypoglycemia and Lantus.Please help', 'es': 'Hipoglucemias y lantus. Ayuda por favor'} Image

Hypoglycemia and Lantus.Please help

Monica2576's profile photo   07/11/2024 2:12 p.m.

Hello,
I write to see if you can advise me.I was first diagnosed with type two, without antibody analytics, only glycosilada that did not go down with diet and exercise, rose from 6.5 to 7.3.I went to another endocrine and this has diagnosed me type 1 because I have an autoimmune disease with positive GAD.It is true that in my illness we often develop diabetes.However, I've been with the positive GADs for 20 years and I have debuted now.
This endocrine took my metformin and has scheduled Tesavel 100 in the morning and Lantus 15 at night.He told me that he will lower it or climb two by two each week as the basal was given in the morning.
The problem is that I am fatal, with hypoglycemia after the three meals.At all that I walk, 300 meters, it gives me a low 50-60.
I don't know if I can download the lantus for example to 6 today and try or it's bad.But I can't continue so, I have a continuous peak graph up 160 and down 50-60 constant.
Before the Lantus, only metformin was in 120-130 in the morning and 180-200 after meals and now 60_80 in the mornings and 160 after meals.
I also do not know if it happened to you that I come from the beach with the sensor giving mistake all the time.I don't know if it happens to you.
Thank you so much

Monica2576's profile photo
Monica2576
07/11/2024 2:12 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Monica2576 Of course you should lower the Lantus, but maybe leave it in less than half is excessive ... Why don't you test for eg instead of 15, get 12?You wait 2-3 days and if you see what you need to go down, you are gradually going down ... If you have fallen, you are adding ... and always waiting for a couple of days since you make the change.It doesn't need a week as your doctor says ...
Try from today.Tonight already put less and see adjusting.It is a roll to be with so many hypoglycemia.You just exhausted ...

How much are you usually lifted ... now?Also go down?

As for the sensor, nothing ... that has been bad ...
I have been with him for 8-9 years, I have gone to the beach, pool, and well.You know, they are not perfect ... sometimes a tap, sometimes it takes off, or always, because yes.
If you see that you fail you, to replace you and put another.More if you are like that.

Cheer up.You are already telling us.

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
07/11/2024 3:25 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

@Monica2576
Doctors guide but it is you who see the effects on your body.
As Silvia tells you, I would also go down to 12, and in three days, depending on the result, you are going up or down.
And check the hypos with glucometer, which sometimes the sensor exaggerates ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
07/11/2024 3:38 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@Monica2576
Ponte Lantus in the morning, since at 3 hours the peak of action does and if you are in bed, it is more difficult to treat hypoglycemia.

The doses are lowered from 2 in 2 and 3 days are expected to change again.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/11/2024 3:44 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you very much for answering,
Yesterday I went down to 13 and still, waking up with 60. I always check it in blood because I get very nervous, and so far it is being hip.
But two more days putting me 13 in these conditions I do not know, I would go down to 11 today, but for what you said would you wait two more days?

Monica2576's profile photo
Monica2576
07/11/2024 5:26 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Monica2576 that's why I asked you how much you got up ... Maybe you better click in the morning.
What happens that there will be a few hours that you may be revolted.Realize that you will be without insulin.The night that you do not click, try not to dinner HC, for counteracting.
And yes, put on one less, 12.And you wait a couple of days.
In no way you are phenomena!😉

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
07/11/2024 6:42 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

monica2576 said:
very much thanks for answering,
Yesterday I went down to 13 and still, waking up with 60. I always check it in blood because I get very nervous, and so far it is being hip.
But two more days putting me 13 in these conditions I do not know, I would go down to 11 today, but for what you said would you wait two more days?

Heat also influences and if you exercise.If it serves you as a reference, I left the hospital, they put me 12, and the first year I was with 8 units nothing more, for the honeymoon and nothing fast or pills.I went down Lantus little by little to 8.

Then I read that in the morning this type of insulin is better that have such accused peaks, gives the downturn at 4 hours.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/11/2024 9:42 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.